Bronco Attacking Tactics

We need a class 5/8 to establish a combination in the halves, sort of when Milford and Hunt were at their best. For mine, everything starts with the halves. And nothing will work without support play. You can have whatever tactics you like but with that combination, one one side or either, it's doomed to be mediocre.

A class ⅝ would help of course. IMO until then, we will never make it past those sides who have class in both halves. Just look at them: Panthers, Roosters, Storm. And look at us.
To be fair, until we sort the spine as a whole we are not going to be a challenger for the premiership again. I have been harping on about this for about 5 years now, I might as well whisper into the wind.

They have on a short term basis sorted the halfback position, but realistically within two years we will have to be looking again.

Until we get 2 spine players that are top 5 in their positions and the other 2 spine players being top 10 in their positions, we aren't going to achieve anything.

To be fair, until we sort the spine as a whole we are not going to be a challenger for the premiership again. I have been harping on about this for about 5 years now, I might as well whisper into the wind.

They have on a short term basis sorted the halfback position, but realistically within two years we will have to be looking again.

Until we get 2 spine players that are top 5 in their positions and the other 2 spine players being top 10 in their positions, we aren't going to achieve anything.
It’s sad a club like the broncos haven’t been able to roll out a single spine player that’s nrl level in such a long time. Ben hunt was probably the last one but we all know how that unfolded

It’s sad a club like the broncos haven’t been able to roll out a single spine player that’s nrl level in such a long time. Ben hunt was probably the last one but we all know how that unfolded

A.Taylor
McCullough
Hunt
Simpkin
Dearden
Paix
T.Boyd
Walsh
J.McGuire

We’ve produced a few decent ones if not great.

A.Taylor
McCullough
Hunt
Simpkin
Dearden
Paix
T.Boyd
Walsh
J.McGuire

We’ve produced a few decent ones if not great.

Half of that list is delusional

I disagree about the halves. I think it all starts with the hooker, choosing the right direction to go and not just the nearest big forward. Also making his decision before he picks up the ball. Not get the ball, stop think and then go.
We need a class 5/8 to establish a combination in the halves, sort of when Milford and Hunt were at their best. For mine, everything starts with the halves. And nothing will work without support play. You can have whatever tactics you like but with that combination, one one side or either, it's doomed to be mediocre.

A class ⅝ would help of course. IMO until then, we will never make it past those sides who have class in both halves. Just look at them: Panthers, Roosters, Storm. And look at us.

I disagree about the halves. I think it all starts with the hooker, choosing the right direction to go and not just the nearest big forward. Also making his decision before he picks up the ball. Not get the ball, stop think and then go.

Agree 100%. I thought long and about the 9 in the spine. The hooker organizes for things to happen, and the halves make them happen.

So all 3, togethers

It's a double edged sword. On one hand, if we're gonna be a shit team, I'd rather be an entertaining shit team that scores plenty of points (but also concedes plenty) rather than a boring team trying to get defence right and failing anyway.

On the other, teams that are like that are dooming themselves to be perpetually in the bottom 8. Look at the Tigers, during their "lol 9th again" days they would regularly play great attacking footy. It's a tired adage but it remains true: Defence wins premierships. We just have to struggle through until this team gets it right, then the attack can come.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bb_gun
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.