OFFICIAL Broncos Appoint Troy Thompson as Football Operations Manager to Replace Joe McDermott

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Broncos Appoint Troy Thompson as Football Operations Manager to Replace Joe McDermott​

Authorbroncos.com.auTimestampThu 17 Oct 2024, 09:51 PM

The Broncos have appointed current Kangaroos senior manager Troy Thomson to the role of NRL Football Operations Manager.
Thomson has more than two decades of experience working across the NRL in all aspects of football and elite sporting program operations, including time with Melbourne Storm, South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Queensland State of Origin.

Currently in camp with the Australian Kangaroos, he'll join the Broncos at the end of the month after finalising his commitments with the Kangaroos.
Current Football Manager Joe McDermott has made the decision to depart the club ahead of the 2025 pre-season after joining the Broncos in mid-2023.

I know it's probably a silly question since he works with the National team, but this guy has a decent pedigree, right?

I know it's probably a silly question since he works with the National team, but this guy has a decent pedigree, right?

@Redfern_1980 has big wraps on him.

So is he going to do a Frank Ponissi type role ... A strength and conditioning type role.

Some combination of the two or none of the above

Lol

So is he going to do a Frank Ponissi type role ... A strength and conditioning type role.

Some combination of the two or none of the above

Lol

I think he is taking over from the guy who was seen in shot when Boyd did the cringe worthy gender reveal. So a lot of organisation / logistics. Hey he comes with pedigree, I want guys with pedigree in every position of the club.

I think he is taking over from the guy who was seen in shot when Boyd did the cringe worthy gender reveal. So a lot of organisation / logistics. Hey he comes with pedigree, I want guys with pedigree in even position of the club.
He seems to be very experienced. Been around a long time too. Would be surprised if hes any worse than sleepy Joe. So it'll be a positive regardless.

Was with us at Souths for nearly 5 years. Signed by Madge back then before he was headhunted for the position with the Kangaroos. He is elite when it comes to high performance, strength and conditioning. Was credited a lot towards our successful 2014 year.

No doubt Madge wanted him onboard with him again. Fantastic signing and will have your boys as fit as can possibly be.

I think he is taking over from the guy who was seen in shot when Boyd did the cringe worthy gender reveal. So a lot of organisation / logistics. Hey he comes with pedigree, I want guys with pedigree in every position of the club.

Adam Walsh is still wellbeing and education.

He's operations, he will oversee the whole program.
A step up in duties and responsibilities compared to his previous Rabbitohs role by the sounds of it @1910, but he would have obviously gained a heck of a lot experience and knowledge in his time with the Kangaroos etc over the past 10 years since he left Souths. I'd say you are in very good hands with Tommo now overseeing things.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Brotherdu
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Lozza
  • GCBRONCO
  • upthebroncs
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.