Broncos ... are too powerful

And that's how the business runs, as a consolidated group. Lol.

If the leagues club fails to make the profits (hard to believe), they won't have the grant money available to give to the football club (currently at $4 million). What are the football club's backup plan to cover that grant if this happens?

Basically what I am saying is their business model is no different to every other NRL team with a big leagues club network. At the moment the club is well off, but so were Parramatta and Penrith with their Leagues clubs. Yet over the past 5 years or so, the big grants are getting lower and lower in value and those teams are finding it hard to cover that money.

I just had a look at the Panthers Annual Report. Again if I am reading it correctly. The Football club is said to have made a profit of $2.4 million. Panthers Group as a whole had a loss of $9.5 Million.

I can remember in 2009 when Souths made a small profit and being quoted as the first Sydney team to do so in many years, said to be even more impressive because of no backing from a Leagues Club. Though from the Annual Report assets were sold off to achieve that result.

Maybe the Bulldogs have. I just don't remember the NRL saying they had or can find an article saying so, so can only go off the annual report. Obviously the Broncos make a profit every year and I am still surprised it isn't more.

Not sure how we are all supposed to interpret all that though. I recall the NRL saying that only Brisbane and the Bulldogs turned profits in 2011 and they are the only teams that ever do.
I have heard this also. Bulldogs actually made more of a profit than the Broncos I believe.

I have heard this also. Bulldogs actually made more of a profit than the Broncos I believe.

Imagine if the Broncos Leagues club and Football club were actually linked entities...the leagues club makes about $1.2M per year profit too, and gives the Football club $450K in sponsorship.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Pablo
  • Fatboy
  • marw
  • Brotherdu
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Spike
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.