OPINION Broncos are winning the 2023 NRL Premiership

Last year took a minimum of 14 wins to make the finals. Historically it takes about 12. Now the comp has 27 games and 17 teams - what is the minimum wins to make finals?

Last year took a minimum of 14 wins to make the finals. Historically it takes about 12. Now the comp has 27 games and 17 teams - what is the minimum wins to make finals?
14 again should get you there,how many byes this year?

14 wins last year was an anomaly ... we were 2 pts behind 8th and then dragons were 2 pts behind us on 12 wins.

The issue last year was how poor the bottom 6 were... Manly were 8 points away from us... so there was a clear separation between the bottom 5-6 and the rest of the comp.

12th was only 3 wins off getting the spoon.

This year the comp is much much closer, so teams will be taking points off each other throughout the year. The only really poor teams so far are Tigers and Knights.

Any sort of injury to a key player could see a team plummet down the ladder this year.

14 wins last year was an anomaly ... we were 2 pts behind 8th and then dragons were 2 pts behind us on 12 wins.

The issue last year was how poor the bottom 6 were... Manly were 8 points away from us... so there was a clear separation between the bottom 5-6 and the rest of the comp.

12th was only 3 wins off getting the spoon.

This year the comp is much much closer, so teams will be taking points off each other throughout the year. The only really poor teams so far are Tigers and Knights.

Any sort of injury to a key player could see a team plummet down the ladder this year.
Doesn't really matter though... given we are going undefeated this year.

I think the teams with depth will rise to the top this season... could be that a few teams (cough.. Storm.. cough) are caught out by their top heavy roster. The Roosters look good in this regard as they seem to keep all the top class players and the only threat is Union paying someone 15M a decade... even then it's not a done deal to lure a player away from Bondi.

I'm very confident with our depth once development players are allowed to play, our second best fullback is still not able to play.

Plus Smoothy, I think as long as Reyno doesn't get a random call up for NSW we will still have a decent team in the origin period game.

I reckon if we are going to do it with Reynolds in the 7 this is the year. We have the team for it this season.
Seems like the top teams from the last few years have come back to the rest of the field

I reckon if we are going to do it with Reynolds in the 7 this is the year. We have the team for it this season.
Seems like the top teams from the last few years have come back to the rest of the field
Agreed. I'm a bit concerned that we are already playing our best footy though.

Agreed. I'm a bit concerned that we are already playing our best footy though.
I don't think it's our best, but there will most certainly be a drop in intensity and coherence throughout the long season. I don't believe this young team is at this level consistently, just yet. I just hope we get through that/those period/s when they come, and still come out the other side knowing we can do what we have been the past few weeks. I do believe the team and coaching staff all learnt a lot from the fadeout last year, and I have to believe that stands us in better stead this year.

I don't think it's our best, but there will most certainly be a drop in intensity and coherence throughout the long season. I don't believe this young team is at this level consistently, just yet. I just hope we get through that/those period/s when they come, and still come out the other side knowing we can do what we have been the past few weeks. I do believe the team and coaching staff all learnt a lot from the fadeout last year, and I have to believe that stands us in better stead this year.
We seem pretty tight this year too. Great energy.

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • RodF
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • ezpz
  • Dash
  • Strop
  • LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Maroon4life
  • Gray
  • Skathen
  • marw
  • Yem
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
... and 51 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.