NEWS Broncos back PNG for 18th team

So we get a PPNGCQP+ team in basically - how is that for being progressive!

And then players are asked, who do you play for? What area does your team represent?

Answer: Yes
I mean Dolphins have the same issue lmao.

But I'm assuming they would back any bid that they're asked about... it's the Sydney clubs and any possible impact to their grants that might be kicking up a stink.

you'd be wrong.

Donaghy didn't back the Brisbane Tigers bid

Perth. It's there for the taking.

It really should be a no brainer, which describe the NRL perfectly. So given they don’t even want to entertain it, what does that say about them?

It really should be a no brainer, which describe the NRL perfectly. So given they don’t even want to entertain it, what does that say about them?
It would Also help if they made a bid, which they haven't.

From my understanding, the NRL looked into Perth years back when they were originally looking at expanding or relocating a Sydney team and the data they gathered wasn't encouraging.

The 18th team will be a QLD team. It won't be another NZ team or a PNG team. Only reason the PNG bid is even being entertained is because Albanese is backing it and the NRL will try to get the NSW Government to cover the costs. The bid will fail, though. The logistics and the security concerns will have an impact. Not only that, but they will have a hard time convincing good players to live there.

Brisbane Tigers is the most logical choice at this point in time. There's room for another QLD team.

I would wait till we have all the bids come in first, I know there is still a few that are in the process of announcing a bid.

The Tigers bid in my view is terrible, it has money and that is what helps it, but location wise the Ipswich bid is better given it would cover the Western corridor, plus the Tigers have the issue of the fact it would need to remove the Tiger and that is the whole identity of the club in the first place.

The PNG bid is currently the favourite though going by what the media have been saying, I suspect it isn't just the Australian government who are really funding it but also the Americans, for it to be the favourite the money involved is probably insane considering the logistics issues involved in it.

The Victorian bid on the otherhand is surely a joke.

I would wait till we have all the bids come in first, I know there is still a few that are in the process of announcing a bid.

The Tigers bid in my view is terrible, it has money and that is what helps it, but location wise the Ipswich bid is better given it would cover the Western corridor, plus the Tigers have the issue of the fact it would need to remove the Tiger and that is the whole identity of the club in the first place.

The PNG bid is currently the favourite though going by what the media have been saying, I suspect it isn't just the Australian government who are really funding it but also the Americans, for it to be the favourite the money involved is probably insane considering the logistics issues involved in it.

The Victorian bid on the otherhand is surely a joke.
Americans?

From my understanding, the NRL looked into Perth years back when they were originally looking at expanding or relocating a Sydney team and the data they gathered wasn't encouraging.

The 18th team will be a QLD team. It won't be another NZ team or a PNG team. Only reason the PNG bid is even being entertained is because Albanese is backing it and the NRL will try to get the NSW Government to cover the costs. The bid will fail, though. The logistics and the security concerns will have an impact. Not only that, but they will have a hard time convincing good players to live there.

Brisbane Tigers is the most logical choice at this point in time. There's room for another QLD team.

I would argue the issue there would be the group gathering the data. Perth is an absolute no brainer, it needs to be next. This cannot be a competition that is taken seriously with no presence in three of the six states and one of the territories. There need to be smarter people though than the current administration in charge to make the decision that is screaming out to be made.

I would argue the issue there would be the group gathering the data. Perth is an absolute no brainer, it needs to be next. This cannot be a competition that is taken seriously with no presence in three of the six states and one of the territories. There need to be smarter people though than the current administration in charge to make the decision that is screaming out to be made.
If results did come back that damning then the admin should be looking at opportunities to increase interest in the region and have a plan in place to provide a team there in the future. Let it be known far and wide that the NRL plan to invest in the region and put it on the radar of bid teams that expansion is coming.

Rather than just "Oh well... how about another QLD team then"

lol sorry, what?
I thought it was pretty obvious, a bid supported by another country other then the one it's aimed for to keep that countries ties close to Australia via their love for a sport popular here is a common way to do this.

Especially given Chinas growing influence in the pacific, and with PNG recently signing a new security deal with the US, it's pretty clear what is happening regarding this bid.

The people running this competition genuinely believe expansion means moving 5 metres to the left. **** off and make this a truly national competition or don't bother expanding it at all.

I thought it was pretty obvious, a bid supported by another country other then the one it's aimed for to keep that countries ties close to Australia via their love for a sport popular here is a common way to do this.

Especially given Chinas growing influence in the pacific, and with PNG recently signing a new security deal with the US, it's pretty clear what is happening regarding this bid.

Yep, bat munchers BTFO

If results did come back that damning then the admin should be looking at opportunities to increase interest in the region and have a plan in place to provide a team there in the future. Let it be known far and wide that the NRL plan to invest in the region and put it on the radar of bid teams that expansion is coming.

Rather than just "Oh well... how about another QLD team then"
If Money is tight, they can just take one of their home games against us to Suncorp, aswell as sell others to states or regions that want a game(like Parra do with Darwin which the NT Government pays for).

I think the team would need a decent backer to get the team off on the right track but after that would work, the game is in a much richer and healthier state than it was in the middle of the Super League war era.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • bert_lifts
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • broncs30
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.