NEWS Broncos centre James Roberts on a crash course with coach Seibold

You have to have the maturity & dedication to manage a proper recovery, there aren't any shortcuts he can take.

Dont think anyone suggested he take a shortcut. You have to question why our medical department think he can keep managing it when he has been troubled by it for over a year.

I think the whole Achilles issue is cover for his pathetic attitude. Its a crutch he can use to explain his lack of effort in defence. The guy is close to the fastest in the game but when have you seen him chase anyone down after a break. He jogs everytime. He has weak will and it shows in every aspect of his life.

I thought him falling off the wagon was just an error in judgement but now i see it for it is. A guy who can't stand any criticism. A guy who would need Wayne like he needs the bottle.

I dont think it is a cover tbf. Every game i went to last year i watched him and he could barely walk off the field at the end of the game. Its certainly causing him major issues. I dont think its the entire problem, but its part of it.

He's been crap this year. Looking forward to Staggs and I'd rather play Roberts in Qcup for the next few years than give him to Souffs on a massive discount for Wayne's benefit.

Now we have blokes like Gould coming out and saying they're concerned about his mental health. Get fucked, we shouldn't be giving a rival a MASSIVE benefit because Roberts has decided to clock off in the hope of getting out of contract.

Last edited:
Has he ever actually represented value for money for us. Other than the odd spectacular try on the rare occasions he is on, he does not seem to offer much. There is a lack of work ethic and commitment and he is a real defensive liability. If he wants to go and clearly he does, let him go.
I recall him having an excellent season in 2017, he definitely should've played origin that year... upped his work rate considerably and became reasonably safe in defence. I didn't realise how strong he was until that year

2018 onwards has been a shadow and I put that down to the Achilles injury which would restrict his ability to put up a decent work rate. Also I believe the type of injury can't be rectified with surgery

Jimmy might have saved us in a few games, but did he take us to a GF? More importantly will this sort of attitude stand the the extreme pressure that comes with playing in a GF?

I think he'd be found wanting with this sort of sooky attitude so best we make him sit it out until he sorts his attitude out.

Kudos to Siebs. To win a comp you need hard work and dedication. two words it seems that Jimmy does not wish to articulate at present.

I just can’t forget James Roberts looks like can’t even catch a breath only few minutes after start of the game vs Souths, and his sad negative look can easily influence his mates.

Yes, Staggs is not as fast as Jimmy, but this is not a simple running game, and that’s probably the only thing Staggs can’t beat Jimmy, oh maybe drinking too

Boyd sounds like Bennett did last year when he downplays the team's and individual's performance/s. Never talks about the team's performance in a meaningful sense, just downplays it as basically 'just a game', that there are more important things than footy, looking after yourself with contracts, and personal development. That's true in sense, but guess what? Hundreds of thousands/ millions of fans dedicate time and money to watch you play with the hope that the team will succeed, so for you there really isn't anything more important than your and your team's performance as it's your fucking job. Just like for a solicitor there's nothing more important than their client.

For a club that's been heavy on the player welfare side of things in recent years (more than most clubs) they haven't received much back from the players. James Roberts case in point.

For all the talk of his mental health is heading back to Wayne the best thing? Wayne isn't always going to be there so it seems a temporary fix.

I don't care if he goes, but as plenty have already said another club should pay 100% of his contract or the club should sack him.

he had it last year, why didnt the club put him under the knife. it boggles the mind that we're like nah it's sweet, few weeks off should do it.

Surgery not very successful/not often the answer for chronic tendon issues.

I dont think it is a cover tbf. Every game i went to last year i watched him and he could barely walk off the field at the end of the game. Its certainly causing him major issues. I dont think its the entire problem, but its part of it.

I agree, the injury is legit but I seriously doubt he has been professional with his rehab.

Dont think anyone suggested he take a shortcut. You have to question why our medical department think he can keep managing it when he has been troubled by it for over a year.
I am suggesting that he thinks he can.

I agree, the injury is legit but I seriously doubt he has been professional with his rehab.

From what i know he has done everything they have asked of him. I think his drunken escapade, while not ideal has been blown a bit out of proportion. Its not the norm for him these days. I think he has always had a bit of an attitude though

From what i know he has done everything they have asked of him. I think his drunken escapade, while not ideal has been blown a bit out of proportion. Its not the norm for him these days. I think he has always had a bit of an attitude though
An attitude that could infect the team and cause some dramas ?

I am suggesting that he thinks he can.

I dont think its the case honestly. I cant even see any evidence where he has shown he has taken shortcuts in his rehab. A bit like Boyd in someways last year, they dont want to lose him from the side, but there will come a time he needs to take a break and let it heal or get surgery.

Bye bye Jimmy... And also what the **** is up with Bird publicly disagreeing with the coach over this decision...

Bye 2x over rated centres..

Last edited:
I doubt it. I dont think he is a strong enough character around the club to influence the squad to that extent.
Ok thanks for that.

He comes accross as a bit aloof from the main squad ...marching to the beat of his own drum.... just my opinion.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.