NEWS Broncos contenders on trial

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Tom Dearden has been thrust into an 11th hour audition for the No. 7 jumper tonight, playing alongside Corey Oates and Karmichael Hunt for South Logan against Redcliffe. Coach Kevin Walters is still playing his cards close to his chest, but is resting Brodie Croft for the weekend:

“Tom knows what he needs to do. We’ve had a chat so I’ll keep it between him and I. I’m still undecided. They (Dearden and Croft) are neck-and-neck so I’m fortunate to have a good selection choice. Tom is playing for Souths and he can push his claims, while Brodie has the weekend off, so we will see what happens over the weekend. I’ve got quite a few guys playing trials over the weekend so I just want to see how they go. One of those players is Oates, who will start in the back row for Souths Logan in a lethal left-side combination with Dearden and Hunt, who has been named at centre."

Tahliachurch   BkHqn2wnbI6 BkHqjYejU9R

Halfback's identity remains shrouded in secrecy

Souths Logan coach Steve Bretherton is similarly clueless:

“I honestly haven’t been told what the plan is with Dearden. I believe it’s 50-50, Kevvie changed his mind again on Thursday when Dearden was back training at halfback. The only thing I’ve been told is get some minutes into Dearden and he’s got some things to focus on.”

McHunt

Last edited:
6 days out from the season and we don't know who our halfback is - Jesus fucking Christ Kevvie.

If your man milford was reliable, this wouldnt be an issue.
What? Milford is a lock and he’s coming off being injured. Not knowing who the halfback is 6 days out from the season is an issue don’t you think?

What if the real trial is the Dearden Hunt combo?

Kevvie doesn't need to tell you what his thinking ... at least until TLT when he has to name his team
He said he’s undecided, that doesn’t pose a problem to you 6 days out from kick off?

He said he’s undecided, that doesn’t pose a problem to you 6 days out from kick off?
Hopefully What he tells the media and what he tells the team are very different things. WB used to mislead the media or let them make their own assumptions all the time.

Hopefully kevie is approaching the media like mushrooms, feed 'em shit and keep them in the dark.

All 3 of Oates, Khunt and Dearden should probably be in the starting side come round 1.

He already knows who he wants. He's just keeping players competing with each other. It's a good strategy.
Hopefully so.

just for shits n giggles who do we think he’s leaning towards? The obvious choice is Tom, but playing him and resting Croft is confusing 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hopefully so.

just for shits n giggles who do we think he’s leaning towards? The obvious choice is Tom, but playing him and resting Croft is confusing 🤷🏼‍♂️
I think he'll play Croft round 1 but I'm only guessing.

All 3 of Oates, Khunt and Dearden should probably be in the starting side come round 1.
I mean I agree with Hunt. Can’t imagine him being a worse option than Arthurs/Mead/Farnsworth...

Hunt at fullback in the opposition 20 would surely be better than Isaako as well...

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.