NEWS Broncos contenders on trial

That's what I'm thinking, unless Deardon has a blinder and changes his mind.
This is what's confusing to me. If he has Croft ahead but will be swayed by a blinder by Tom why not give Croft the opportunity to have a blinder as well.

I think KWs plan is to have one, two at most journalists he's straight with. The rest get misdirection or plain old 'I haven't decided'. He might even trust one with a bit of goss and see if the parrot can keep it quiet.

One things certain, people need to stop reacting to every single bit of clickbait shit. You'd think most would realise by now the way to handle headlines, that is read them and wait 24 hours ! By then you'll likely have better info and it was probably bullshit anyway.

This is what's confusing to me. If he has Croft ahead but will be swayed by a blinder by Tom why not give Croft the opportunity to have a blinder as well.
Do you think it matters?

Dolphins won 30-28.

Dearden was good in the first half but he barely had any ball to work with in the second. Both he and Oates were given an early mark at the 65th minute.

Dolphins won 30-28.

Dearden was good in the first half but he barely had any ball to work with in the second. Both he and Oates were given an early mark at the 65th minute.
Did he not call for the ball or did it just go the other way? How did Corey go? Hunt?

Did he not call for the ball or did it just go the other way? How did Corey go? Hunt?
I couldn't say, I'm just relaying what I read from the Badel article.

Badel reckons Oates put on some good hits and ran good lines so about the usual.

No word on K's performance, just that he played on the same edge as Tom and Corey.

So 16-0 up, then defence goes to shit and they lose.
Magpies game eerily similar to last week. Lemme guess Oates-Dearden edge had no clue in defence again.
Oh please someone enlighten how the dolphins came roaring back?

What? Milford is a lock and he’s coming off being injured. Not knowing who the halfback is 6 days out from the season is an issue don’t you think?
Milford is playing lock now? Well he has put on considerable size I guess, but that is a helluva scoop! 😂

Tommy will win games and I think that's Kevie's point. He's young and essentially been told every loss is down to something he hasn't got right.
Imagine having that kind of perspective for a year as a teenager. It would probably both blunt your confidence and reduce your willingness to take chances. A few games in qld cup where mistakes are a bit more forgiving and the game a little easier definitely won't hurt.
Having said that, the way things go milf wil probably strain a glut with a hard bowel movement and he'll end up playing.

I think Kevvie may have decided that Tom is our future and that he wants him to develop properly inQCup for this season with Corey Paix. That way he stays keen, learns his craft without the added media pressure and is right to go next season when Kevvie is able to restock our backline with some better options. That’s not to say he’ll still gat game time in the NRL. It just makes sense to go with Croft for now and let Tom develop properly.

I think Kevvie may have decided that Tom is our future and that he wants him to develop properly inQCup for this season with Corey Paix. That way he stays keen, learns his craft without the added media pressure and is right to go next season when Kevvie is able to restock our backline with some better options. That’s not to say he’ll still gat game time in the NRL. It just makes sense to go with Croft for now and let Tom develop properly.

And if Croft goes well, as it make or break for him, it puts the onus on Milf to show why he should be re-signed, let alone on a big wage. Dearden looks more like a 6 anyway.

Tommy will win games and I think that's Kevie's point. He's young and essentially been told every loss is down to something he hasn't got right.
Imagine having that kind of perspective for a year as a teenager. It would probably both blunt your confidence and reduce your willingness to take chances. A few games in qld cup where mistakes are a bit more forgiving and the game a little easier definitely won't hurt.
Having said that, the way things go milf wil probably strain a glut with a hard bowel movement and he'll end up playing.
With his well documented poor diet and overall laziness in general; I doubt Milford has had to, or been willing to work hard even when dropping a deuce.

HScreenshot 2021 03 07 Rival huge fan but are Broncos ready to anoint the future

Daley Cherry-Evans:

“Tom is going great. I keep forgetting how young Dearden is when I see him playing first grade. He makes playing NRL look easy. The thing Tom can hang his hat on is his toughness. Anyone who plays footy as a halfback has to show they are tough and committed."

P0

Long "future"

“Most halfbacks are naturally talented at this level, so the rest falls into place if you have the desire to get stuck in. Tom is a tough competitor. It’s a really good sign for me. He has a long future in the game.”

McHunt

Last edited:

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • IceWorks
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Painin the Haas
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.