VOTE Broncos fans favourite Current QCup team?

Favourite Current QCup team?

• Brisbane Tigers

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Burleigh Bears

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Central Queensland Capras

• Ipswich Jets

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Mackay Cutters

• Northern Pride

• Norths Devils

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • PNG Hunters

• Redcliffe Dolphins

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Souths Logan Magpies

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Sunshine Coast Falcons

• Townsville Blackhawks

• Tweed Seagulls(why the **** is a NSW team here)

• Western Clydesdales

• Wynnum Manly Seagulls

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
whoever has the Broncos fringe players playing for them

I’m going for pride - purely because my nephews are in their feeder system and might play for them at some point.

if not them I’ll go for norths. I grew up on the darling downs so it’s also good to see the Clydesdales back in the comp.

I also have a strong “never tweed” (nsw team) rule. Just on that, if you are a tweed jr are you Qld or nsw eligible?
I honestly don't know what happens with that, I would assume because they are in the QLD system it applies to QLD but the eligibility criteria does not actually clarify it, it just says did you play your junior football at the time you turned 13 in QLD or NSW.

I would assume at that point it could come down to where you live at the time you played for them given the comp they play in, it's also possible they just give the individual a choice between the two.

its a bit of a dis to the local comp to be honest...if you arent tribal about your club in q cup and only selecting as a broncs feeder club

you dont get where qld rl comes from

no disrespect but brl in 80s pre broncs was a premier competetion
Alot of People in QLD hate Broncos because of that, forgetting the fact it was envitable, if it wasn't Broncos some other franchise would have done it, NSWRL were stealing all our players from the BRL with the NSW pokies laws that their leagues clubs could use to afford players that QLD clubs couldn't with the ban on them.

I understand that having two tier 1 competitions in QLD and NSW long term wasn't viable but **** the NSW ***** with their gambling money, no idea what the landscape of Rugby league would have looked like with a merge had that might have been involved if it would ever happen(regarding the fucking cancerous pokies), but I always felt like the Broncos where the giant Middle finger to NSW especially with how quick we established ourselves in a comp that always tried to tear us down a peg(while also having a leagues club that couldn't fund the club like NSW clubs could at the time).

We where averaging 45k fans a game(completely unseen numbers in the game by a country mile) before NSW media somehow convinced Brisbane fans that we were the problem regarding super league, forgetting the fact NSWRL hated our entire existence while in that comp trying to shut us down(and we were not even the first club to sign up for it either which they would try make you believe).

I should really follow the QCup more. I was just perusing the website and discovered the Cutters' mascot is a literal person who cuts - all this time I'd assumed they were named after the boat.

I've gone for Norths in the poll, because I'm Northside born and raised and never lived anywhere else, and I'm going to make an effort to get right on that bandwagon. Go the Devils!

New Jersey Devils Seinfeld GIF by Romy

I should really follow the QCup more. I was just perusing the website and discovered the Cutters' mascot is a literal person who cuts - all this time I'd assumed they were named after the boat.
all dat cane

Unread

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • bb_gun
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.