NEWS Broncos legend slams Seibold for Dearden selection - "he looked like a little boy"

So he admits he played ok and didn't do much wrong, but he shouldn't have played....wtf

Seibold could make every change these old boys demand and they would still bag him for making the changes

they seriously need to STFU and remember "it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

A little boy who will turn into a star when he comes of age. Better than having the gnome out there plodding it up with no hope of improvement.

Good on Siebs, he is really starting to put his stamp on this club now, for better or worse. That is what all the fans wanted and these old boys could actually do something useful and support the club.

Lazarus is a proven flog. I added him to he list of ex-broncos who were great players but aren’t worth listening to long ago.

Last edited:
Lazarus is a proven flog. I added him to he list of ex-broncos who were great players but aren’t worth listening to long ago.
It really is sad isn't it.
Once were warriors,,,,

Seibold could make every change these old boys demand and they would still bag him for making the changes

they seriously need to STFU and remember "it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

What if Seibold ends up being a terrible coach though.

So he admits he played ok and didn't do much wrong, but he shouldn't have played....wtf
He's stating the obvious, that blooding a young kid in a pressure cooker situation could have been disasterous, but I suspect Siebold didn't have a choice in the end, as it would have been him or Saun O'Sullivan and couldn't play one half and then drop him for the other, if SOS is holding his own in a mediocre side.
I think it's better to play Dearden if he is your first choice for the long term however, I also believe this season is all but done, and perhaps Lazerous is looking at it from the perspective of saving the season. I suspect with the exception of Macca (although Turpin gets his chance to do so), we may have a whole new spine, come the end of the season.
The pressure is now on Milford now to make it work with Dearden and not the other way around. He has gone through a few partners halves partners now: Hunt, Knik, Bird, now Dearden (although Dearden is the most natural in the role). If this doesn't work, they'd best go to the market for another 5/8 or half when his contract is up.

I never watched him play so I have no fondness of him whatsoever, but man does Lazo speak some horse shit lately. **** up and stick to politics.

Aside from anything else, what pisses me off is the human pork chop telling me that the game is all about what the media (and he) says it is. **** off. I'll decide what a game is all about and certainly not dictated to by arsehole journos looking to fund their next lobotomy

Maybe it's just me but the media would have been on him all week long if we were even playing Newcastle like they are on any playmaker making their debut for the club or after joining it from another club, the pressure-cooker comes with being at a club with the high expectations placed on it from both the media and it's fans.

Personally I think he handled himself well, didn't go out there trying to overplay his hand, handled himself well defensively and didn't make any important errors, he will be better for the run.

Fat Laz showing his true NSW shit **** personality.

Forgive us if we do not pay much attention to the opinion of someone who has previously aligned themselves with known bat shit crazy Clive palmer.

The kid held his own against a seasoned football team who dominated us. what was lazo expecting? If the whole team had the heart and guts to put themself on the line like deardon did, we would be going a lot better.

Last edited:
Arthur or Martha’: Lazzo’s critique of ‘little boy’ Bronco Tom Dearden

Rugby League legend Glenn Lazarus has slammed Anthony Seibold’s decision to debut teenage young gun Tom Dearden in Thursday night’s grudge match against the Rabbitohs, branding it “irresonsible”. Dearden was promoted as a replacement for Kodi Nikorima, who was moments away from inking a three-year deal and mid-season swap with the Warriors. The Broncos were thoroughly dismantled by the Bunnies, losing 38-6 and Lazzo said Dearden’s performance on debut “wasn’t outstanding,”

“He didn’t do a lot but he didn’t do anything wrong either” Lazarus tells David Morrow and Julian King on Macquarie Sports Radio. Lazarus was critical of Seibold’s decision to blood the 18-year old halfback in a high-stakes game which had been built up as the season’s spiciest grudge match to date. “I thought it was very irresponsible of Anthony Seibold to debut that young boy in a game where it was all about him and Wayne Bennett,” he said.

“There was so much press during the week, it was a game that meant a lot for both clubs, it was a game that was going to be talked about for some time. “Nikorima doesn’t get chosen and they put in young Dearden… I just felt he looked like a little boy running around a footy field now knowing whether he was Arthur or Martha.“To his credit, he didn’t do anything wrong but I didn’t think it was the right thing to do, putting a kid who was the youngest Bronco ever to pay first grade in a long time and put him into a pressure cooker game against the Rabbitohs.

“That could’ve gone horribly wrong but to the young bloke’s credit he got through it, he wasn’t outstanding and a lot of the time he looked like he wasn’t quite sure what was going on. “I think the kid has a future and let’s hope things work out".

Who would we play there instead?

One thing I hope this week is we see a lot more of Dearden kicking. There was nothing wrong with his kicks (admittedly all short ones), and setting up either side of the ruck will make our opponents work harder, and give more options.
I'm not sure if Turpin can kick but if he can a few from him would be good to keep them guessing.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Evander
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.