Broncos Mid Season Report Card

I reckon a fit Locky can get us well into the top four. Wallace has done well to steer the ship in his absence, so I'm keen to see what he can do with the tricks he learnt in Origin camp alongside a real five-eighth. Outside of those two Ennis is in good form. As long as we get no more injuries to key players I reckon we'll be contenders. Our forward pack is solid and our backs won't let us down.

I am confident we can sneak into the top 4. If not, 5th or 6th at the worst. Our draw for the rest of the season isn't that hard - Bulldogs (H), Cowboys (A), Sharks (H), Raiders (H), Warriors (A), Dragons (H), Titans (H), Bulldogs (A), Knights (H) - and we should win at least 7 of those 9, with the games against the Sharks and the Dragons the only ones where we might struggle. In saying that though if Locky gets back and coupled with Hodges's return as well, there is no reason why we can't beat those two sides either.

The key for me, is the fact that we are in a very decent position on the ladder with the likes of Lockyer, Hodges and Wallace to come back.

I don't think we've ever been in such a position midway through the season where our three most creative/dangerous players are going to be relatively fresh.

We can only improve IMO.

I can't help but be overly confident given our current ladder position, and the personnell we have returning. Our run home is no where near as damaging as previous years. I'm think Hammo will be $100 richer come seasons end.

ningnangnong said:
The key for me, is the fact that we are in a very decent position on the ladder with the likes of Lockyer, Hodges and Wallace to come back.

I don't think we've ever been in such a position midway through the season where our three most creative/dangerous players are going to be relatively fresh.

We can only improve IMO.

Great point. Our best players are fresh. Queensland wins Origin and our best players don't get fatigued _woohoo_

We are in a good position to make an assault on the top four towards the end of the season with our run home (one of the easiest in the league!) and with our main playmakers to come back into the team.

I am not sure whether we will make the top 4 but we shouldnt finish any lower than 6th if we win 7 or 8 of our last 9 games.

As long as we dont finish 7th or 8th I will be pleased!

I think we will just scrape in tbh. We have had some very good days and some pretty ordinary ones, sure injuries haven't helped but I have a feeling Lockyer outside of bursts like the last 15 minutes against the Eels is not going to dominate games like he once did. Its funny because I said this injury could spell the end of his dominance when it first happened and got shot down but tbh it looks more and more likely. I hope he waits til round 20-22 to come back with the side hopefully still about where we are now on the ladder, because we are not ready to win finals footy without him and I don't think he will be ready to win matches in round 18.

Clintos said:
I can't help but be overly confident given our current ladder position, and the personnell we have returning. Our run home is no where near as damaging as previous years. I'm think Hammo will be $100 richer come seasons end.

Hammo? Never heard of him ...

I can see us winning all of those games, but I'd rather we didn't. A streak of 9 coming into the finals is never a good idea IMO. :D

But honestly, as people said the only 2 real tough games are Dragons and Sharks. Dragons have been overrated this year. They, like Manly, have really only beaten understrength important sides. Sharks on the other hand are a gret team, but they'll probably be missing Bird when we play them.

The Rock said:
Dragons over-rated? You mean under-rated right? So many people tipped them for the wooden spoon yet they're coming 5th now.

Anyway, they have much more heart this year and their game plan is more structured. (And discipline wise, they're much better) However, they are easily beatable if you target their weaknesses and just follow your own game. So I am not concerned about them at all when we have to play them.

They were underrated at the start of the year, but are overrated at the moment in my opinion. Some people are predicting a top 4 finish for them, and they are hardly good enough to do that.

Looking at that draw coming home and the players to come back, it is hard not to be a bit giddy!!! Bulldogs twice, Cowboyz, etc. Not that our for and against matters much now (because of the draw with Panthers) but I would still like to see us hand out at least one shellacking (40+ points) before the regular season ends. If everyone comes back OK. It's top 4 here we come baby!!!!

Everything depends on Lockyer IMO only time will tell what stands in front of us but I believe we can finish in the top 4 with our only possible lose to the Warriors in NZ.

Dragons are a big show for the top 4, they have a very well balanced side and outside of the ridiculous contributions from Ryles don't rely on anyone for too much. The best way to get at them is to run at Soward the guy is a crap defender. As for our chances we have a terrible record in recent seasons in the second half of the year (excluding 06) we have time and time again faded after Origin and with Lockyer the way he is it could well happen again. Sure our Origin contribution was smaller but we still have both our halves hurt and Hodges is still gone for a while. I think we will make the 8 but I am very uncertain on our top 4 chances, hopefully the players use Bennetts departure as it gets closer positively rather than negatively.

Yep....things are looking brighter for us....now, what charity should I give rnabakov's coin to?

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Jazza
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Gaz
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.