OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
because when is is fit he is a very talented player ... and will give us some much needed strike in the centers.

by the way ... my post was in response to someone saying pay him 900k next year to sit him on the sidelines ... not try to offload him. which means him not playing wone make one iota of difference to our retention or recruitment for the 2021 season
My mistake. That would be very petty and unproductive for us as a club.

then you're a fool ... spite is not a trait that makes for a successful NRL coach, hopefully Kevvie is smarter than that
Ok im a fool for having an opinion....thanks champ.....carry on

Lockyer said he’s safe. So is Nolan apparently
seriously which article is this from ... i'm on that site now and see nothing about Lodge or Nolan or Lockyer etc

“Matt went on holiday after our presentation and he won’t be back until the pre-season starts,” Lockyer said.

“Kevvie hasn’t had a chance to talk to ‘Lodgey’ face-to-face. I think it’s just about those two guys having an honest chat about Lodgey understanding what Kevvie’s expectations are.

“There is no view to offload him at all, it’s just whether Lodgey is happy to work with Kevvie and be on the same page.

“Matt has acknowledged he has to get a bit lighter because the game is faster. If he gets his body and his injuries right, he has a lot to offer. Matt has qualities that other forwards don’t. He has aggression and a good football brain, so we’d like to keep him.”

seriously which article is this from ... i'm on that site now and see nothing about Lodge or Nolan or Lockyer etc
The headline is about Tino nearly going to the Cows.

Been fucked over since day 1....allegedly wanted to return to sydney last year....takes up the option....birds best years are looooooong ago....my personal preference is to erase his name....like Boyd
If the idiot wanted to go back to Sydney so much than why’d he accept the option... you may always think money is a driving factor but for him to go to Sydney on half the wage he’d probably take that and run... but instead he committed another year... he has always said that eventually most likely after next season he wanted to head back to Sydney

If the idiot wanted to go back to Sydney so much than why’d he accept the option... you may always think money is a driving factor but for him to go to Sydney on half the wage he’d probably take that and run... but instead he committed another year... he has always said that eventually most likely after next season he wanted to head back to Sydney
I said allegedly...anyway hes been an expensive crock

Apparently we just joined the race for Suallii... He’s a good player but I was glad we weren’t involved with this purely because he was taking advantage of all the clubs he was in negotiations with

I doubt that Suaalii is a bad kid, just managed by money hungry leeches. If we're entering the race for him I certainly hope it's not for overs, and I hope that there's absolutely no player options.

I have no idea if Suaali kid is all hype, but if Bennett was happy to go all out to sign him long term, I reckon he might be special. If we have a spare million burning a hole in our pockets next year, would it be worth giving him a 750k for a 1 year deal? If he's worth the hype, he sticks around, if he ***** off, we're not any worse off than we were before. I wouldn't sign him more than a year when he hasn't seen first grade yet.

All depends on our salary cap position really. You'd want to wait to see what happens with Smith/Grant first though but we desperately need a fullback.

I have no idea if Suaali kid is all hype, but if Bennett was happy to go all out to sign him long term, I reckon he might be special. If we have a spare million burning a hole in our pockets next year, would it be worth giving him a 750k for a 1 year deal? If he's worth the hype, he sticks around, if he ***** off, we're not any worse off than we were before. I wouldn't sign him more than a year when he hasn't seen first grade yet.

All depends on our salary cap position really. You'd want to wait to see what happens with Smith/Grant first though but we desperately need a fullback.

Similar hype to Ponga, I think whoever gets him will have to whip out a Ponga-like deal, at least 3-4 years and at least $600K a season, maybe more.

It's a bit of an all or nothing play, but it worked for the Knights, may work for whoever goes for Suaalii.

He’d be an imbecile to take a 1 year deal at this stage of his career.

I’ve never seen him play, must be pretty special.

Similar hype to Ponga, I think whoever gets him will have to whip out a Ponga-like deal, at least 3-4 years and at least $600K a season, maybe more.

It's a bit of an all or nothing play, but it worked for the Knights, may work for whoever goes for Suaalii.
I get that vibe too, but does any other club have a legitimate fullback option up for grabs?
We're the only club that could offer him a genuine shot at the 1, so maybe he'd be willing to back his talent with a 1 year deal.

He’d be an imbecile to take a 1 year deal at this stage of his career.

I’ve never seen him play, must be pretty special.
Why's that? No club is going to offer him a million a year long term, he'll get 700ish 3-5 years. He could take that for 1 year, and if he's actually a star easily get 1m a year for 3-4 years.

All depends if he backs his own hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • bert_lifts
  • The True King
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncotville
  • Old Mate
  • the_next
  • BruiserMk1
  • johnny plath
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • Mr Fourex
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.