Broncos playing times thread

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
It's hard to tell bolded text from my monitor.

A monitor is usually a large screen which is of either an LCD or CRT nature, whilst bold text is text which is darker than normal.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
OMG no more sunday games :( just for selfish reasons I wish all home games were on Friday or Monday.

I wont be going to a home game until round 8 now!

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
When was the last time we had a Saturday home game? Did we have any last year?

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Russo said:
ningnangnong said:
Steve said:
Yes - more day games please...

Rapt the Melbourne game is on a Sunday. A chance to check out the Rectangular Stadium and hopefully a long awaited victory down there...

Haha yes, might actually give us a chance of winning for once!

Sick of playing Friday night games down there, in the cold, damp conditions. Affects our game so much.

It was always going to be Sunday cause isn't the Test on down there on the Friday night, meaning both teams will have players backing up

Yeah - just nice to see it confirmed.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
user_nat said:
When was the last time we had a Saturday home game? Did we have any last year?

Probably 3 or 4 years ago when we played the doggies at suncorp. I want more saturday night games.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
ningnangnong said:
broncospwn said:
It's hard to tell bolded text from my monitor.

A monitor is usually a large screen which is of either an LCD or CRT nature, whilst bold text is text which is darker than normal.

At 1920x1080 resolution the text is tiny which makes it difficult to recognise bold font.

A Monitor is usually a large screen? That all depends on your definition of large and is completely subjective. So that statement is nothing more than opinion.

And no, a screen isn't either an LCD OR CRT, there are other types such as LED or OLED^1 and the list goes on, so please don't make incorrect statements.

The definition of boldface font is actually "Type with thick heavy lines"^2, the thickness makes it appear darker but it's not, so you are wrong again in that regard.

^1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_device
^2 http://www.thefreedictionary.com/boldface
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/boldface

Total possible points = 2
Total points achieved = 0
Result = Fail

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Actually, the fact you went to so much effort to reply to what was obviously a piss take, constitutes a fail.

Well done.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Actually, the fact you went to so much effort to reply to what was obviously a piss take, constitutes a fail.

Well done.
Actually, the fact that you couldn't post a decent reply further reinforces your failure icon_thumbs_u

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
broncospwn said:
ningnangnong said:

Well done.
Actually, the fact that you couldn't post a decent reply further reinforces your failure icon_thumbs_u

Oh, you got me. That's it man, i give up. You are king of the interwebz.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
ningnangnong said:
broncospwn said:
ningnangnong said:

Well done.

Oh, you got me. That's it man, i give up. You are king of the interwebz.
If you can't beat em join em [icon_wink

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Next person who posts something unrelated to Broncos playing times will be banned for life. And the afterlife if that's how you roll.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Gymp will be honouring Suncorp with his presence for round 6 against the Sharks. Bruno Cullen has so far not been contacted for comment but is said to being nonplussed. Coxy, Tee and FB on the otherhand I am sure are super excited by the prospect of Nutley's biggest fan waxing lyrical about how classy Trent Barrett is and how Paul Gallen is a cleanskin.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Sweet! We can totally get our Coke on...the drink as well.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
Good to see a couple of Sunday games in there early. Would love to see a few more of them than in previous years.

For the first time in watching Broncos I am disagreeing on the more Sunday games = good. It is extraordinarily rare for me to be able to get Sundays off work these days - Friday/Saturday nights much easier for me to have off.

Yes it's all about me [icon_evillaugh

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
The Gymp said:
Gymp will be honouring Suncorp with his presence for round 6 against the Sharks. Bruno Cullen has so far not been contacted for comment but is said to being nonplussed. Coxy, Tee and FB on the otherhand I am sure are super excited by the prospect of Nutley's biggest fan waxing lyrical about how classy Trent Barrett is and how Paul Gallen is a cleanskin.

Unfortunately FB is about a 99% chance of missing The Gymp's annaul trek to Suncorp due to work and is absolutely devastated.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
On the other hand, that means it could be easy for him to get a ticket if we just sling him your season ticket for the day.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Already asked him if he wants to buy it - still awaiting a response with bated breath

(PS - do you really think it's going to be hard for him to get a ticket for the Sharks match anyway?)

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • pennywisealfie
  • Allo
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.