NEWS Broncos poker machine pokers poke middle finger at honest QLDers

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Cellar dwelling gonads, the 2020 Brisbane Broncos appear determined to suck the entire competition into their ever-spiraling-downward vortex of abject shitfulness. Not content with merely losing their most valued player to the previous baton holders of mediocrity, half their coaching staff and leading hatchet man to quarantine breaches, along with 99% of their senior players to injury, those left standing may yet knife their entire industry through their indifference to common decency and the understood letter of the law:

QLD Deputy Premier Steven Miles warns the Spaztastic Bronctards have put the entire NRL season at risk if the allegations turn out to be true, but, of course, he “very much hopes” they're not:

“I am one of the Brisbane Broncos’ biggest fans. I very much hope the recent claims are untrue. Players who breach the COVID Safe plan are not just putting the season at risk, not just letting down their club and their code, they are also betraying their fans who tune in and turn up every weekend. They need to know their actions will have consequences.”

800wm

Any Resemblance to Actual Persons, Living or Dead, is Purely Coincidental

“These rules were developed by the NRL for the NRL and are in place to protect Queenslanders, the players, their families and staff. Blatant disregard for the rules is an insult to the hard work of Queenslanders, who have followed the public health messaging. Stiff penalties apply to those who break the rules, no matter what position within the NRL they hold.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Nail them up! Nail some sense into them!

Speak of the devil, here's Corey Oates, not mentioning Pies:

“I guess the stuff going around with the pub stuff and whatnot, all I know is that the club and NRL are working together to find out if there has been a COVID breach. And look, me personally I was just going there for lunch and had two beers I think and I drove home and that was it, I didn’t think I was doing anything wrong. If that’s what comes out and we get done that’s probably irresponsible from me doing that, but look it really wasn’t intentional if they do come out and say there is a COVID breach, it was just a massive mistake from me."

Screenshot 2020 08 13 Butt head webp WEBP Image 360  450 pixels

Dindu nuffin

“Yeah look it hasn’t been a great week personally also and for the club, a lot of rumours were getting around that were untrue and so farfetched it’s not a joke and I wasn’t happy with a few of them. With all the outside noise I don’t think it’s been too much different for us, we’re honestly trying to finish the season off well and that’s what we want to do, we want to try and put some good performances together and come together as a tighter group."

“I think we’re going to stick tight through everything and through this it’s another thing that we’ve gotta deal with, the group we have is young but we’re all pretty close. It’s tough to cop all the stuff that’s been happening the last few weeks, but that’s a part of our job and that’s what comes with it and I just feel for some of the younger fellas I hope they’re coping well with it all.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Detectives from Task Force Sierra Linnet have ruled Broncos players did not breach health directives. Investigation into whether they breached the “NRL bubble” will continue through Queensland Health and the NRL Integrity Unit.

Statement released by police:

“The Queensland Police Service has concluded its investigation into a reported incident involving members of the NRL at a hotel in Everton Park on August 1. The police investigation, which commenced on August 9, found no breach of the Chief Health Officer’s public health directions. Information obtained through the course of the investigation will be referred to Queensland Health.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Petey B furiously typing away "BREAKING: Broncos superstar under investigation for drink driving!!!!
Click here to find out more (please click... please...)"

I was thinking the same thing. 'Oates has admitted to not knowing how many beers he had before driving home reportedly sloshed. Can the Broncos go any lower?'

Last edited:
Wasn’t happy with a few of them. So he was happy with some of them. Rumours confirmed

Chance to score a free jersey, if you're quick!

Screenshot 2020 08 13 3 Pete Badel  badel cmail Twitter

Last edited:
Pretty sure the free jerseys the club gifts "journalists" are all home ones.

Active Now

• Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mpost
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.