NEWS Broncos ready to bring the Payne

Not ratting on your mother? BAD! Drink Driving - A-ok! Have one for us!

Does seem a bit skewed.

Well the precedent is that you get a character reference for that in the NRL!

On one hand (my one eyed selfish side) I’m glad as we need him back

On the other hand I’m a little disappointed we weren’t consistent with our initial harder stance

Eitherway I’m a excited to see him back

When Haas comes back, I really hope they use him a number of different ways in attack. He'll play as a middle forward but I'm hoping they mix it up a little.

I'd like Haas to be used on the edges a little. Imagine him running at the 5/8 and halfback? He'd monster them on 90% of his runs imo. Or, he could be used as a decoy on the edge, sucking in 2 or 3 defenders cause he is so massive, we can then go out the back to the centre and wingers etc.

We need to have variety and use our big men smartly. Haas will go forward up the middle, sure, but then we can pull out a little variety, have him running full pelt on an edge and keep defenses guessing. Will we give him the ball on the edge running at the halves? Will we go out the back and use him as a decoy? How about close to the line? Edge or up the middle? We can make most defenses second guess themselves imo.

Last edited:
When Haas comes back, I really hope they use him a number of different ways in attack. He'll play as a middle forward but I'm hoping they mix it up a little.

I'd like Haas to be used on the edges a little. Imagine him running at the 5/8 and halfback? He'd monster them on 90% of his runs imo. Or, he could be used as a decoy on the edge, sucking in 2 or 3 defenders cause he is so massive, we can then go out the back to the centre and wingers etc.

We need to have variety and use our big men smartly. Haas will go forward up the middle, sure, but then we can pull out a little variety, have him running full pelt on an edge and keep defenses guessing. Will we give him the ball on the edge running at the halves? Will we go out the back and use him as a decoy? How about close to the line? Edge or up the middle? We can make most defenses second guess themselves imo.
Appears to have you second guessing.

Hopefully he gets time off for good behaviour, his sentence is therefore reduced and he’s a late inclusion tonite! [emoji1]

Getting him back on the field is the best thing the club can do for him at this point. Being out of the squad leaves to much free time to be a young idiot.

Hopefully he gets time off for good behaviour, his sentence is therefore reduced and he’s a late inclusion tonite! [emoji1]

that would imply he was well behaved ... committing the offences he did during his ban suggests otherwise

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Skyblues87
  • RodF
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Splinter
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.