Broncos rejected Bennett bid to be Lockyer's assistant

Chumba said:
Coxy said:
Brilliant players always make brilliant coaches.

Regards,
Wally Lewis

That's not fair, wally coached a crap team with no hope

Don't let Hammo or Jeb hear you call the Queensland State of Origin team a crap team with no hope!

Chumba said:
Coxy said:

Regards,
Wally Lewis

That's not fair, wally coached a crap team with no hope,

Wally coached a team with the likes of Meninga, Langer, Renouf, Hancock, Coyne, Carne, Walters, Walters, Gillmeister et al. How is that a crap team with no hope!!!

Coxy said:
Chumba said:
Coxy said:

Regards,
Wally Lewis

That's not fair, wally coached a crap team with no hope

Don't let Hammo or Jeb hear you call the Queensland State of Origin team a crap team with no hope!

They were probably referring to the sea gulls.

I thought that much was obvious, after all ppl were talking about Lockyer taking over from Bennet at the Broncos, not meninga at SOO level. I don't believe SOO is a true level to test a coaches ability, if it was Fatty would be the greatest coach of all time. Only club level shows the true ability.

It does make u wonder if the reason wayne took on the coaching job with new zealand was to show the board that they'd made the wrong decision there.
because that his original stipulations on him talking the post with new zealand was that he would only be assistant to kerney

or he could be just doing it for the good of the game

He took on the NZ job just so he could beat Ricky Stuart.

Not sure about Locky and coaching anyway, sure tactically he will have tricks in the bag, but obviously there is so much more to it, even then, when his time comes the game may have once again changed in the way its played and what-have-you. If I was him, I'd go start a family and live a good life with the wealth he surely has, until he's ready to commit to rugby league again.
On the other hand, It could possibly benefit to coach straight away, so he can coach players he has played with, which could benefit him in years to come if he chooses the coaching career.

Chumba: I'm sure Origin coaching is a different party all together. It resolves around getting elite players to play well together over such a short period of time. (Of course, QLD generally stick to the same Squad for a number of years until change is needed) I agree club coaching is more elite, but origin coaching would be a different tangent.

Henjak, Even though it may feel like the Broncos resorted to him because they could not get Henry or Bellamy, I'm sure Henjak understands how how profile coaching the Broncos is, I'm sure he does not mind being the 3rd choice, and will try his best for the Broncos to succeed. I'm sure its similar to many things, much like being a second choice Quarter back or something, if you're called upon in a time of need, you don't think twice about pride, you grab your opportunity with both hands and have a dig.

Good post mate, I'd be over the moon if i was 100th choice to coach the broncos LOL!

The one thing that Lockyer has as a coach that benefits him more than anything, is the respect of his players and peers.

People stand up and listen when he talks and with respect comes the drive not to dissapoint. Bennett is the perfect example.

The Rock said:
I agree Mal. Lockyer isn't another Lewis, Walters or Langer. Lockyer ain't a joker or a clown

Huh!? You don't know much about Lewis do you Shaun? He is probably the driest footballer there ever was. He would be the polar opposite of Langer & Walters. You think Locky is dry, watch some Lewis interviews from back in the day.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Culhwch
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.