Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If this is your position, I’d hate to imagine how Wolfie feels 😂😂

this was @Wolfie when Carrigan was compared to Gallen

Tenor

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Which is about as close as I could get to correct because assuming he's playing for the 16th team then the other 15 sides would all be improved by adding Harry Grant.
Just messing about, thought that was pretty clear.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Just messing about, thought that was pretty clear.
No I got what you meant - I was being somewhat tongue in cheek too. Obviously if you have Cam Smith or Damien Cook or even Brandon Smith then you probably don't desperately need Harry Grant, but I think in general he'd improve almost any side he played for and he's very likely going to be a million dollar player before long.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Carrigan is the pick of our young players. I've been on the Patty bandwagon before there was a Patty bandwagon. Everything he does on and off the field is impressive, he is just a quality human who puts a fair few of our other players to shame. Alongside Haas he has simply carried this forward pack, which considering their ages is ridiculous. Going forward, i hope we manage them better or they will be burned out by the time they hit 25.

Mate, you helped build that bandwagon and I am so glad you did.

Carrigan and Haas are in the NRL top 10 and 20 for All Runs, All Run Metres, Post Contact Metres and Tackles Made. Paraphrasing what you said above about their ages, that is fantastic. The only blot on Payne's record is that he sits in the top 30 for Ineffective Tackles.

In the Roosters game, Carrigan scored 102 post contact metres. The best the Roosters forwards did was JWH and Liu with 58. Patty also topped the tackle count with 43.

Add to our pack a fully fit Lodge, a hopefully smarter, sensible TPJ, same for Flegler, and add Turpin with a decent running game, then next year, we will have one of the very best packs going around. To complete that I would certainly be looking at developing Staggs for the back row to offset Fifita's exit.

The biggest question mark then is who will be our FB, so that our spine can make use of the quality in that pack.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017

Carrigan and Haas are in the NRL top 10 and 20 for All Runs, All Run Metres, Post Contact Metres and Tackles Made. Paraphrasing what you said above about their ages, that is fantastic. The only blot on Payne's record is that he sits in the top 30 for Ineffective Tackles.

In the Roosters game, Carrigan scored 102 post contact metres. The best the Roosters forwards did was JWH and Liu with 58. Patty also topped the tackle count with 43.

Add to our pack a fully fit Lodge, a hopefully smarter, sensible TPJ, same for Flegler, and add Turpin with a decent running game, then next year, we will have one of the very best packs going around. To complete that I would certainly be looking at developing Staggs for the back row to offset Fifita's exit.

The biggest question mark then is who will be our FB, so that our spine can make use of the quality in that pack.
Well it's a long shot, but if by some small miracle he ever makes it onto the field without one of his body parts spontaneously combusting, we're still contractually obligated to pay Jack Bird for another 12 months so he could be an option.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Well it's a long shot, but if by some small miracle he ever makes it onto the field without one of his body parts spontaneously combusting, we're still contractually obligated to pay Jack Bird for another 12 months so he could be an option.

Plan A, definitely. However because of the risk of that spontaneous combustion, we need a Plan B. Niu? Herbie?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

The problem is though, as good as he likely could be at fullback, the problem remains that coming back from two knee recos, I am not sure his body could put up with all the running he would need to do at fullback.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
The problem is though, as good as he likely could be at fullback, the problem remains that coming back from two knee recos, I am not sure his body could put up with all the running he would need to do at fullback.
His body couldn't handle running for a bus apparently, let alone at Fullback.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017

“Talk dirty to me.”
@Wolfie, 2020.

Jokes aside, you were right. The kid has been a beacon of hope in an otherwise awful year.

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Id have Carrigan at fullback 😂

J

JungleBoogie

NYC Player
Jun 27, 2020

Post contact metres are only important when tied to either a line break or offload. That is why no roosters forward had more than 58. They are extremely well coached and know the importance of speed and getting to the next tackle as soon as possible. Slow dragged out post contact metres just help to give time for the defence to reset.

It is important that the next coach understands modern game philosophy and drill these basic responsibilities. Bellamy and Robinson are so good at getting there players to play the game right.

Our pack has been poor this year but hopefully a strong coach can fix them.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Some posters won't like to hear you speak ill of the former captain, who is going great guns don't you know?

The only great gun out there involving Boyd is the one behind the barn.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
we have next to zero support play for our forwards, which is simply insane in 2020 but here we are...

So, PCM would be something to hang your hat on if we had quality and consistent support running off the hip for any offloads..

Some of our forwards have differing skill set but the sum isnt adding up to a whole currently...

i mean, if you put TPJ (who seems to be staying?) in the 8 or 10, and ask him to take at least 2 hit ups per 6 with say Niu, Bird or Milf running off the hip for each of them...then in that structure you certainly want PCM as that equates to more potential TPJ offloads...

but as above, we seemingly have no structure whatsoever, no one knows what they are supposed to do and therefore no metric worthy of the name should be applied to such a mess of a team....

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • azza.79
  • RolledOates
  • Jazza
  • MrMoore
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ronald
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Scdeac
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.