Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much the Storm approach, look for cheapies with certain attributes to surround your quality, then try to polish them hard to make them good at their simplified and defined role.
Our recruitment has certainly been very, very specific. Although they all have other attributes I believe they were all targeted for one certain area...
Reynolds: kicking game
Capewell: kick-chase with follow up tackle (this is outstanding with him and sets up the defensive set)
Jensen: Defence
James: Attitude
Pereira: red zone metres
Lee: good link man centre

All seem to have good attitudes and are decent to great in defence. And from all reports, they all seem to be great trainers too.

Our recruitment has certainly been very, very specific. Although they all have other attributes I believe they were all targeted for one certain area...
Reynolds: kicking game
Capewell: kick-chase with follow up tackle (this is outstanding with him and sets up the defensive set)
Jensen: Defence
James: Attitude
Pereira: red zone metres
Lee: good link man centre

All seem to have good attitudes and are decent to great in defence. And from all reports, they all seem to be great trainers too.
Reynolds,capewell and james will fill the leadership hole we have had for the last few years

Without any inside info and based purely on hunch, Roosters.
I don’t disagree with that… I said it earlier in the year if Isaako was at a top 4 club more specifically a roosters or Storm he would be tearing it up

At least we still have a premiership winning player coming to us next year

At least we still have a premiership winning player coming to us next year

Yep we have one current and two former premiership winners.

Current - Capewell. Former - Reynolds, Lee.

Pretty cool.

Yep we have one current and two former premiership winners.

Current - Capewell. Former - Reynolds, Lee.

Pretty cool.
This just reminds me that gone are the days when we had several multiple premiership winners 😔

Harry Grant is technically off contract now, his 2023 is a mutual option. B. Smith is too. Be interesting to see if any clubs make a move there.

Buzz reckons Grant isn't happy at Melbourne.

I would do whatever it took to get Grant or B.Smith. Literally offer them both $800K per season and see if we get a bite.
Would be happy to take either one but I'm not sure what one would be best suited to us with Mozer (who by all reports is going to be something special) will be transitioning into intrust super cup next season so he could be knocking on the door for a spot in the 17 possibly 23, 24 if he's ready.
I think if your looking at someone who Mozer can be apprentice to I think Grant is the best option.

Isn’t it November 1 they are officially available? I’d be throwing a million at Grant, don’t care about Smith. I think Grant is gettable.

Harry Grant is technically off contract now, his 2023 is a mutual option. B. Smith is too. Be interesting to see if any clubs make a move there.

Buzz reckons Grant isn't happy at Melbourne.
The issue is that there is a zero percent chance that Melb release Grant for next year if he signs elsewhere for 2023. Could be a bonus for us tho with so much of our cap freeing up in '23.

Isn’t it November 1 they are officially available? I’d be throwing a million at Grant, don’t care about Smith. I think Grant is gettable.
Surely donuts would get first dibs at talking to him.

Would be happy to take either one but I'm not sure what one would be best suited to us with Mozer (who by all reports is going to be something special) will be transitioning into intrust super cup next season so he could be knocking on the door for a spot in the 17 possibly 23, 24 if he's ready.
I think if your looking at someone who Mozer can be apprentice to I think Grant is the best option.
Mozer looks great but Grant is great. At some point we need to sign or play current NRL players instead of being infatuated with potential. I’d rather sign Grant and then having to decide between him and Mozer in 3 years than to not sign Grant because a 16/17 year old looks admittedly very talented.

The odds of a promising 16 year old being as good as Harry Grant is low regardless of how they look against other kids, it’s a pretty big roll of the dice. Even without injury, or the common issues with translating the skill into the NRL, there’s every chance that Mozer could just sign elsewhere anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.