Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brimson back to 6 for the Titans. I'd be keeping in touch just quietly. Holbrook seems to have Seibolded himself and one should never Seibold oneself.
I'd laugh at this twice if I could. So often people write LOL but don't really think it that funny I for one rarely do. On this occasion I did.

Bit out there for my normal conservative thinking but If the Broncos want a young fullback Mac Grealy impressed me. He’s at the Reds but not getting a run. I’m intrigued by him, good footwork, nice pass and good build for league fullback.

Bit out there for my normal conservative thinking but If the Broncos want a young fullback Mac Grealy impressed me. He’s at the Reds but not getting a run. I’m intrigued by him, good footwork, nice pass and good build for league fullback.
Impressed with that shout, thought it myself. One of the positions in League where I'd be fairly interested in how successful some crossovers would be in the Fullback position. Petaia, Jock Campbell, Mac Grealy and Floyd Aubrey from the Reds to just name a few. I agree on Mac, bit of a union fan myself and I think he is perfect for league. Only thing is how will he be any different to Niu in a number of areas defensively that he will have to work on. Thing is with Mac is we will buy incredible time to develop them in Q-cup cause none of these other clubs are jumping out of there skins to grab him. Very unlikely to ever happen and I could more see it happening with Floyd Aubrey who isn't as entrenched in the union system like Mac. Mac will be very tough to pry from the Wallabies especially presumably mid contract.

Impressed with that shout, thought it myself. One of the positions in League where I'd be fairly interested in how successful some crossovers would be in the Fullback position. Petaia, Jock Campbell, Mac Grealy and Floyd Aubrey from the Reds to just name a few. I agree on Mac, bit of a union fan myself and I think he is perfect for league. Only thing is how will he be any different to Niu in a number of areas defensively that he will have to work on. Thing is with Mac is we will buy incredible time to develop them in Q-cup cause none of these other clubs are jumping out of there skins to grab him. Very unlikely to ever happen and I could more see it happening with Floyd Aubrey who isn't as entrenched in the union system like Mac. Mac will be very tough to pry from the Wallabies especially presumably mid contract.
The NRL will never steal someone from that pretentious sport that is named Floyd Aubrey. That is the most Australian rugby union name that has ever existed.

You just know Mac is short for Mackenzie Grealy, or something even more dumb like Mackeely Grealy

Have Bronx begun negotiations with Farnworth. Seen a bit of chatter about others wanting him, but not much on us telling everyone else to piss off.

Nah, he's not a Queenslander so some of us on BHQ don't want to retain his services apparently!
I need to do the old, 'find my old posts' gig. One we'd signed Arey, announced the ditching of Milf and retirement of Glenn, I said just wait and see how Herbie goes without them inside him. And he's been brilliant.

I will concede, he just needs a wee more awareness of where Oates is so he can put him over.

I need to do the old, 'find my old posts' gig. One we'd signed Arey, announced the ditching of Milf and retirement of Glenn, I said just wait and see how Herbie goes without them inside him. And he's been brilliant.

I will concede, he just needs a wee more awareness of where Oates is so he can put him over.

IMO, It's not that Farnworth can't pass, it's more his decision making. He backs himself when he should get Oates the ball.

So I'm actually coming around to moving him to the wing. I'd like to see Cobbo at centre (although I wouldn't make these changes while we're still winning)

Cobbo and Staggs are also building an extremely dangerous partnership in both attack and defence... so that's another consideration

IMO, It's not that Farnworth can't pass, it's more his decision making. He backs himself when he should get Oates the ball.

So I'm actually coming around to moving him to the wing. I'd like to see Cobbo at centre (although I wouldn't make these changes while we're still winning)

Cobbo and Staggs are also building an extremely dangerous partnership in both attack and defence... so that's another consideration
There is a play our left side attack put on which sees Herbie go out to the wing and Oates moves into the centres. We've ran it a number of times and last week it paid dividends with Herbie crossing almost untouched.

There is a play our left side attack put on which sees Herbie go out to the wing and Oates moves into the centres. We've ran it a number of times and last week it paid dividends with Herbie crossing almost untouched.
Used the same setup just a different variation of the play against the Bulldogs the first time and Herbie raced away to score.

Should we be doing some wheeling and dealing with the Sombreros re: Keary? They seem pretty adamant that they aren't looking at Munster, and one of the biggest reasons for that would be their current cap situation. Now Keary is on 800k a year down there, we should have that sort of money easy with all of this dead wood coming off our books. If we can't get our hands on a quality number 1 (Walsh) then we should at least go after a quality 6.

Should we be doing some wheeling and dealing with the Sombreros re: Keary? They seem pretty adamant that they aren't looking at Munster, and one of the biggest reasons for that would be their current cap situation. Now Keary is on 800k a year down there, we should have that sort of money easy with all of this dead wood coming off our books. If we can't get our hands on a quality number 1 (Walsh) then we should at least go after a quality 6.

There’s no way I’d be taking on his full salary. I’d be willing to pay 500k, take it or leave it because they are the ones that need to foot the bill if they want to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncorob
  • Maroon4life
  • Gaz
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
  • jd87
  • TimWhatley
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Redux
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • Tmac
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.