Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sprojy. Just wait and see. Carrigan will be great next year

I am sure he will be and I am not bagging Carrigan, I rate him as a great, hard working forward that will hopefully be a big part of our future. I just think that essentially, it might well come down to him and James if everyone is fit. Don't forget how good Robati is and Flegs is not being left out of the side for Carrigan, that's just silly.

I am sure he will be and I am not bagging Carrigan, I rate him as a great, hard working forward that will hopefully be a big part of our future. I just think that essentially, it might well come down to him and James if everyone is fit. Don't forget how good Robati is and Flegs is not being left out of the side for Carrigan, that's just silly.

Different types of players.

I predict that Carrigan, James, Haas, and Flegs will all be in the team as our prop rotation in a fully fit side.

Furthermore I predict that TC, Piakura and Riki will be competing against each other for two back row positions (1 starting and 1 bench)

Different types of players.

I predict that Carrigan, James, Haas, and Flegs will all be in the team as our prop rotation in a fully fit side.

Furthermore I predict that TC, Piakura and Riki will be competing against each other for two back row positions (1 starting and 1 bench)

I think this is certainly possible too but I should also add the caveat I am also thinking that Carrigan will be eased back in as he will not be at his best straight away, some Q Cup games won't hurt coming back from a knee reconstruction.

I think this is certainly possible too but I should also add the caveat I am also thinking that Carrigan will be eased back in as he will not be at his best straight away, some Q Cup games won't hurt coming back from a knee reconstruction.
I think he'll be eased back in off the bench, but in my view I've got Patty miles ahead of Flegler at this stage in their careers.

Pat knows his role on the field and has good awareness across the field, whereas I think Flegler comes across as a bit erratic and I think that probably stems from a lack of awareness.

Pat will always put his hand up for a run or to act as the decoy runner off the ruck... the decoy off the ruck is hugely important on the goal line as it puts another thought into the defensive line and keeps them sucked in that little bit longer to give the backline some space.

You can argue that Pat shouldn't be taking runs at those points on the field, but that is entirely up to the dummy half to make that decision. You want a forward there to be an option, it's up to the DH to decide if that option is viable or to go elsewhere.

I don't think Flegler does that enough... it could be a fitness thing or it could be a game awareness thing, but either way that lack of involvement whilst he's on the field has him behind Patty in my mind

I think he'll be eased back in off the bench, but in my view I've got Patty miles ahead of Flegler at this stage in their careers.

Pat knows his role on the field and has good awareness across the field, whereas I think Flegler comes across as a bit erratic and I think that probably stems from a lack of awareness.

Pat will always put his hand up for a run or to act as the decoy runner off the ruck... the decoy off the ruck is hugely important on the goal line as it puts another thought into the defensive line and keeps them sucked in that little bit longer to give the backline some space.

You can argue that Pat shouldn't be taking runs at those points on the field, but that is entirely up to the dummy half to make that decision. You want a forward there to be an option, it's up to the DH to decide if that option is viable or to go elsewhere.

I don't think Flegler does that enough... it could be a fitness thing or it could be a game awareness thing, but either way that lack of involvement whilst he's on the field has him behind Patty in my mind

Well I'm clearly biased toward Flegs as I'm the leader of his fan club. That said, I think Carrigan would have been ahead of him too at the start of this season but after origin, Flegs improved a mile. He still has flaws in his game but he has the ability to really punish the opposition and strike fear into them (and get penalised and suspended). I'm also going on Kevvie's words and he has stated multiple times he sees Haas and Flegs as the front row moving forward. Of course, we all know how reliable Kevvie is as a source. The other possibility though is that Carrigan comes back in at lock (which I hope doesn't happen). If Patty does come back in though, I am confident it won't be for Flegs, it will be for Robati or Hetherington.

Well I'm clearly biased toward Flegs as I'm the leader of his fan club. That said, I think Carrigan would have been ahead of him too at the start of this season but after origin, Flegs improved a mile. He still has flaws in his game but he has the ability to really punish the opposition and strike fear into them (and get penalised and suspended). I'm also going on Kevvie's words and he has stated multiple times he sees Haas and Flegs as the front row moving forward. Of course, we all know how reliable Kevvie is as a source. The other possibility though is that Carrigan comes back in at lock (which I hope doesn't happen). If Patty does come back in though, I am confident it won't be for Flegs, it will be for Robati or Hetherington.
I think they polar opposites atm . Carrigan is that consistent prop that needs something else to his game, and Flegler needs more consistency. I think Carrigan is good but im with you sproj , Flegler has the jump on Carrigan atm.
Will be interesting to see how they put the pieces together.

I think they polar opposites atm . Carrigan is that consistent prop that needs something else to his game, and Flegler needs more consistency. I think Carrigan is good but im with you sproj , Flegler has the jump on Carrigan atm.

And the best thing out of all of it is that we have some REAL depth again. It will be competitive for spots in the teams.

I think there’s merit to arguments for either Carrigan or Flegler to start and I’d be happy with either. I just don’t want to see either at lock again.

if I was picking the team tomorrow I’d probably go

8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Riki
12. Capewell
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. James
17. Robati

Flegler to provide impact off the bench, James to hopefully lesson the drop off when Haas is rested. Robati to cover 2nd row or lock where required,

Really hard to pick and you could justify several different combinations, including Palasia, Piakura, Jensen, and Willison (if all were fit). Could also make a good case for James to start.

I think there’s merit to arguments for either Carrigan or Flegler to start and I’d be happy with either. I just don’t want to see either at lock again.

if I was picking the team tomorrow I’d probably go

8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Riki
12. Capewell
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. James
17. Robati

Flegler to provide impact off the bench, James to hopefully lesson the drop off when Haas is rested. Robati to cover 2nd row or lock where required,

Really hard to pick and you could justify several different combinations, including Palasia, Piakura, Jensen, and Willison (if all were fit). Could also make a good case for James to start.

This is a really good argument for Flegs off the bench.

I'll be extremely pissed off with Kevvie if we keep playing Haas and Carrigan so long. We have no need whatsoever now to keep playing them in such long stints.
Yep. Haas should play 60 tops, Patty even less

Kev seemed to get it toward the end so I’m confident he’ll do the right thing

I know we have a lot of middles but Darryn Schonig has been released by the Storm without any deal elsewhere it seems. I have always really liked him and he is a qlder.

anyone have thoughts on this?

Red flag. Storm don't let good deals walk.
We seriously gonna be scared of every player ever cause they came from the storm… They let Brenko walk as well and Billy Walters, hell half our signings have been released by the storm at one stage.

Red flag. Storm don't let good deals walk.
Especially for a guy who would've cost them a pittance... and also after losing Pene who was already ahead of him in the pecking order

We seriously gonna be scared of every player ever cause they came from the storm… They let Brenko walk as well and Billy Walters, hell half our signings have been released by the storm at one stage.
Probably shouldn’t use Lee and Walters as examples of ones Storm let get away

Probably shouldn’t use Lee and Walters as examples of ones Storm let get away
I never once said their good, I said they are signings who were let go by the storm. Showing that the bronx aren’t scared of signing ex Storm players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrRobot
  • Shane Tronc
  • Stix
  • broncos4life
  • Mustafur
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ostin86
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.