Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banking a new team on Milford being starter and captain could be franchise suicide. No way I’d risk it if I’m at the dolphins.
yeah I was just fishing on that one

Pat took plenty of early runs and tough runs at that. He was basically playing like a prop at lock anyway. I dont think Kevvie will move him from lock tbh even though he should. He's always been much, much better at prop than lock anyway.
Yeah, Patty took heaps of the ugly hit ups. Was getting pretty good at finding his front too: just needs to play less minutes to avoid the fatigue defensive errors. He’s a gun, I just don’t think a work horse prop at his age coming off of an acl is worth 500k. It’s far from the worst wage injustice at the club though. I’m more disappointed that we’re still losing the negotiations and that our players are off touring other clubs facilities like Coates, and Dearden. Was hoping we’d seen the end of that.

I do hope Kev will come to his senses and play him at prop though:

Yeah, Patty took heaps of the ugly hit ups. Was getting pretty good at finding his front too: just needs to play less minutes to avoid the fatigue defensive errors. He’s a gun, I just don’t think a work horse prop at his age coming off of an acl is worth 500k. It’s far from the worst wage injustice at the club though. I’m more disappointed that we’re still losing the negotiations and that our players are off touring other clubs facilities like Coates, and Dearden. Was hoping we’d seen the end of that.

I do hope Kev will come to his senses and play him at prop though:

We really need to play him off the bench at the start of next year coming off that injury and ease him back in. We arent going to see him get up to speed until about 7 or 8 games i reckon.

We really need to play him off the bench at the start of next year coming off that injury and ease him back in. We arent going to see him get up to speed until about 7 or 8 games i reckon.
Yeah I agree. Some of the young fellas also probably need less pressure given how bad their transition to NRL was handled.

I can't remember Kaufusi ever being good for QLD. Most of the time I remember thinking "how does he keep on getting picked?" The rest of the pack I probably agree with for now.
I think it's a carry over from when he had Cronk feeding him short balls to break the line/score tries with Melbourne. Any average backrower would have looked good.

Banking a new team on Milford being starter and captain could be franchise suicide. No way I’d risk it if I’m at the dolphins.
Gee I hope that's what old Wayne decideds to do...

Kaufusi is a straight up thug with minimal quality as an NRL player, he just happens to be in a very successful team so his individual performances never really stand out (good or bad). He's also thought of as a good player because of the team he is in, can't say I remember him ever coming up with the big play that won them a game.

Patty has also played an important role in the vaccination of the players
20211120 171723

If im picking a QLD side heres what im picking as my pack if all fit which they never are

8. Welsh
9. Grant
10. Papali
11. Fifita
12. Kaufusi
13. Tino

14. Hunt
15. Arrow
16. Collins
17. Fotuaika

Don't get me wrong I love Capewell as a player and a competitor, I'm actually stoked he is at the club but that's QLDs best pack. You could make a strong argument to put him in the bench over Collins or Fotuaika with Arrow playing front row but that's about it. The second row for the time being picks itself.

Arrow will be lucky to feature next series… Capewell will start over Fifita too.

Let's hope he's lost his dick fingers in the break, and added an offload to his bag of tricks.

He doesn't have 7 games. There's too much competition up front. Ryan and Kennedy immediately. He has to hit the ground running, cement his place before Flegler returns, and after that he'll have Willison breathing down his neck.

Let's hope he's lost his dick fingers in the break, and added an offload to his bag of tricks.

He doesn't have 7 games. There's too much competition up front. Ryan and Kennedy immediately. He has to hit the ground running, cement his place before Flegler returns, and after that he'll have Willison breathing down his neck.
He will get what he needs, same with any player coming back after a long term lay off. He's really doesn't need to hit the ground running at all, especially with the players you mentioned.

You seem to have Pat issues. Envy is a terrible curse.

He will get what he needs, same with any player coming back after a long term lay off. He's really doesn't need to hit the ground running at all, especially with the players you mentioned.

You seem to have Pat issues. Envy is a terrible curse.
He does if we want to make the finals. We don't want another rerun of the sides he captained. Otherwise we'll get another spoon.

He does if we want to make the finals. We don't want another rerun of the sides he captained. Otherwise we'll get another spoon.

Of course he will get time. There is no need to rush him back as a starting player so he doesnt need to be firing on all cylinders from day one. You build into the season, its only rare sides that come out firing and never drop off.

Bringing up when he was captain of a Seibold side really isnt helping your case. Its like you are finding any excuse to get at him for something. Clearly just your jealous trolling.

Of course he will get time. There is no need to rush him back as a starting player so he doesnt need to be firing on all cylinders from day one. You build into the season, its only rare sides that come out firing and never drop off.

Bringing up when he was captain of a Seibold side really isnt helping your case. Its like you are finding any excuse to get at him for something. Clearly just your jealous trolling.
You have to admit he's losing his looks too.

Had a thought about our retention and how when players out our club explore their options before re-signing we often are envious of clubs like Roosters, Storm, and Penrith and their ability to quietly re-sign their players without it all being played out in the public.

Roosters are still the gold class but Storm are really struggling with this lately.

They just lost club icons Hynes, Funicane, and JAC.

Munster openly speaking about wanting to go to the Dolphins despite his contract.

Smith publicly shopping himself to all other clubs and being photographed doing so.

Hughes now heavily linked to Dolphins.

Innuendo around Grant leaving.

NAS battling the club around the vaccine.

This place, myself included, would be a mess if this was happening to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.