Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see WB getting in Patty’s ear and him signing for $500k and the honour of being the Dolphins inaugural captain. If I was a betting man I’d drop a lazy$100 on it as it’s more likely than not to eventuate. They need a captain and a solid player that will give them stability for at least 3 or 4 years. Carrigan gives them that.
Seriously? If I was betting on that, I'd want 50-1 odds of them signing Carrigan as their inaugural captain.
Kaufusi is a straight up thug with minimal quality as an NRL player, he just happens to be in a very successful team so his individual performances never really stand out (good or bad). He's also thought of as a good player because of the team he is in, can't say I remember him ever coming up with the big play that won them a game.
Agreed. One of the most over-rated players of the last 10 years.
Arrow will be lucky to feature next series… Capewell will start over Fifita too.
The only thing stopping Arrow being in the side will be his issue in camp last year. On ability, he should be one of our first players picked. Can start, or be one of the most effective bench players available.

Let's hope he's lost his dick fingers in the break, and added an offload to his bag of tricks.

He doesn't have 7 games. There's too much competition up front. Ryan and Kennedy immediately. He has to hit the ground running, cement his place before Flegler returns, and after that he'll have Willison breathing down his neck.
LOL wot. Kennedy? Comparing a Kia Optima to a BMW M4

LOL wot. Kennedy? Comparing a Kia Optima to a BMW M4

Those who don't know who these people are, Pat's the guy carrying the purse.

Purseboy

lol dolphins missed out on tino , paplii maybe welch and carrigan, kikau ,gutherson and twal

Just wait to they trumpet the arrival of one Antonio Wintermilf

Yeah, Patty took heaps of the ugly hit ups. Was getting pretty good at finding his front too: just needs to play less minutes to avoid the fatigue defensive errors. He’s a gun, I just don’t think a work horse prop at his age coming off of an acl is worth 500k. It’s far from the worst wage injustice at the club though. I’m more disappointed that we’re still losing the negotiations and that our players are off touring other clubs facilities like Coates, and Dearden. Was hoping we’d seen the end of that.

I do hope Kev will come to his senses and play him at prop though:
He really does have issues with his hands...it isn't just fatigue related IMO.

Prop is better than lock.......still, his hands have to improve.

He really does have issues with his hands...it isn't just fatigue related IMO.

Prop is better than lock.......still, his hands have to improve.

He really doesn't. He had a bit of an issue with it early this year. Never much of an issue before that.

no but their running out of marqee forward signings

Still plenty of good players out there for 2023. Doesnt have to be some marquee player. I think its more fullback they will struggle with more than forwards.

1 Dufty
2 Jennings/Sami
3 Garner/Sami/Milne
4 Opacic
5 Oates
6 Nikorima
7 Hunt/Widdop
8 Paulo
9 Smith
10 Wallace
11 Faitala Mariner
12 Howarth
13 Horsburgh

14 Cotter
15 Stone/Gilbert
16 James
17 Ese'ese

Not the greatest side, but i think they would be competitive. What they probably need to do is look at getting a couple of better quality players released from their contracts. If you could replace Dufty with Ponga and find another center i think they improve a lot.

I keep saying it, but there is a much better caliber of player available in 2024 they can get, and i dont think their inaugural year whatever happens will hurt them too much. They have to make sure they dont get carried away with just focusing on 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.