Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still plenty of good players out there for 2023. Doesnt have to be some marquee player. I think its more fullback they will struggle with more than forwards.

1 Dufty
2 Jennings/Sami
3 Garner/Sami/Milne
4 Opacic
5 Oates
6 Nikorima
7 Hunt/Widdop
8 Paulo
9 Smith
10 Wallace
11 Faitala Mariner
12 Howarth
13 Horsburgh

14 Cotter
15 Stone/Gilbert
16 James
17 Ese'ese

Not the greatest side, but i think they would be competitive. What they probably need to do is look at getting a couple of better quality players released from their contracts. If you could replace Dufty with Ponga and find another center i think they improve a lot.

I keep saying it, but there is a much better caliber of player available in 2024 they can get, and i dont think their inaugural year whatever happens will hurt them too much. They have to make sure they dont get carried away with just focusing on 2023.
That team is terrible.

That team is terrible.

I think its reasonably solid, but nothing special. Like i keep saying, the market for certain positions just isnt there in the off contract players. Look at the centers, nothing really available. Same with fullback and halfback. Plenty of decent forwards, but not much else. They realistically have to be smart with what they do in 2023, so if they cant get what they want they need to just sign stop gaps. Look at the options in they can get for 2024.

Fullback - Mitchel, Hamiso-Fidow, Cobbo, Savage, Kolkstad, Kennedy, Laurie
Wing- Mulitalo, Tupou, Ikavalu, Katoa, Garrick, Cotric, Thompson, Taulagi, Saab
Center- Kelly, Crichton, Olam, Penisini, Raimen
Five eight - Munster, Brown, Gamble, Douhei, C.Walker
Halfback - S.Walker, Hunt, DCE, Hastings
Second Row - Fifita, Frizzel, Bromwich
Prop- Bullemor, NAS, Fonua Blake, Grant, Klemmer, Knight, Guler, Leniu, Tapine, Kamikamica
Hooker- Grant, Cook, Robson

Its just not comparable to whats available in 2023. Their only other option is to unearth some lower grade gems from both states.

Well no wonder they haven't gotten any big signings then, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Well, i know for a fact Gutho, Papalli, Mahoney dont want to leave Sydney. Kikau i dont think is worth what he wanted. Tino would have been good, as would Welch. At the moment, Tino and Welch are they only 2 i think i would be that bothered about. As much as i like Welch, you wonder how much time he would have left in the game if he suffers another few concussions.

Dolphins struggling to recruit anyone…
So Excited Reaction GIF

Still plenty of good players out there for 2023. Doesnt have to be some marquee player. I think its more fullback they will struggle with more than forwards.

1 Dufty
2 Jennings/Sami
3 Garner/Sami/Milne
4 Opacic
5 Oates
6 Nikorima
7 Hunt/Widdop
8 Paulo
9 Smith
10 Wallace
11 Faitala Mariner
12 Howarth
13 Horsburgh

14 Cotter
15 Stone/Gilbert
16 James
17 Ese'ese

Not the greatest side, but i think they would be competitive. What they probably need to do is look at getting a couple of better quality players released from their contracts. If you could replace Dufty with Ponga and find another center i think they improve a lot.

I keep saying it, but there is a much better caliber of player available in 2024 they can get, and i dont think their inaugural year whatever happens will hurt them too much. They have to make sure they dont get carried away with just focusing on 2023.
Wayne has been a fan of Corey Allen in the past and seems to be semi on the outer at the Dogs wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the dolphins

We signed Mozer for 2022 on a development deal fox sports reporting

Well, i know for a fact Gutho, Papalli, Mahoney dont want to leave Sydney. Kikau i dont think is worth what he wanted. Tino would have been good, as would Welch. At the moment, Tino and Welch are they only 2 i think i would be that bothered about. As much as i like Welch, you wonder how much time he would have left in the game if he suffers another few concussions.
Kikau was offered to us instead of Capewell.

And thank the heavens for small mercies that we never took him. He's the sort of player Kevvie has just finished flushing out of our system.

Bulldogs are going to be very, very sorry in the long run. Guys like Kikau, TPJ, etc. So many blokes who are prone to laziness, and they're now on huge money / long-term deals, even more reason to slack off.

Bulldogs are going to be very, very sorry in the long run. Guys like Kikau, TPJ, etc. So many blokes who are prone to laziness, and they're now on huge money / long-term deals, even more reason to slack off.
Not sure I would class Kiks as lazy, he just needs to be given good ball to succeed.

I dont think he's ever not looking for the ball or running a line, just requires his spine to give him the ball.

He was also over used by Panthers in 2020 where he was the primary attacking threat and would become nullified / one trick pony for the defence.

TPJ probably not all that lazy either just cant handle long stints on the field and gets easily fatigued, which leads to 'lazy looking efforts', but really it's just that he doesnt play well under fatigue.. has always been noted as a fitness freak, but it's more physical specimen rather than workhorse.

But both of those characteristics are problems as well.

A guy being heavily reliant on good ball means he cant be a deciding factor in the outcome when things arent going his way... and a guy who cant play long stints means you will have periods every game where he's not on the field even though he's being paid a premium

Look at the figures. He had 4 errors in 8 games in 2021. He had 4 errors in 19 games in 2020.
Thats a good stat to read but also brings up that he has no ball playing in there. Have a good hit up and play the ball is not a bad thing. But offloads or help ball playing with the halves there would be a move inflated number.

Thats a good stat to read but also brings up that he has no ball playing in there. Have a good hit up and play the ball is not a bad thing. But offloads or help ball playing with the halves there would be a move inflated number.

I dont see that as much of an issue if you have the other forwards that compliment that sort of a prop as you always need a blend of different styles of player. Like any players though, he needs to keep improving.

Mozer signed for 2022 and 2023 from reports but fox sports doesn't appear to mention the 2023 season no doubt to line up the future article titled... "dolphins to steal young broncos future cameron Smith superstar" in 2 to 3 months, eg Cobbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.