Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

I'd like to compliment all parties on the Haas extension in the light of incessant, deeply unhelpful press and some abominable fan behavior.

Payne, and particularly Ahmed Merhi, have remained composed and straight up and down with us throughout the entire saga. Yet many fans scorned their measured responses and directed gratuitous abuse towards them based on nothing but speculation. The barrage of insults directed at Payne - who has never been off contract - has been nothing short of appalling.

Bravo Payne. We are honoured you've decided to stay.

I'd like to compliment all parties on the Haas extension in the light of incessant, deeply unhelpful press and some abominable fan behavior.

Payne, and particularly Ahmed Merhi, have remained composed and straight up and down with us throughout the entire saga. Yet many fans scorned their measured responses and directed gratuitous abuse towards them based on nothing but speculation. The barrage of insults directed at Payne - who has never been off contract - has been nothing short of appalling.

Bravo Payne. We are honoured you've decided to stay.

Yeah, sure. So where does the "life after football" expectation come from if he's still only signed for the first half of his career? Are we to believe that other clubs we're offering lifetime deals plus promises of post-playing career (that are illegal to guarantee unless on the cap).

Riccio playing up the Haas to Union angle because the contract is only a 2 year extension and there is a world cup in 2027.

p.s. it's started

Anasta now asking the question if we can afford Walsh now.

Riccio also named half our players off contract in the next couple of years. questioning how we keep them together

Riccio playing up the Haas to Union angle because the contract is only a 2 year extension and there is a world cup in 2027.

p.s. it's started

Anasta now asking the question if we can afford Walsh now.

Riccio also named half our players off contract in the next couple of years. questioning how we keep them together
We were always going to be "a club in crisis" no matter what he did. He signed, so now the focus is on "who else must they lose now". If he left it would have been because we couldn't do enough - and they still would have wondered who else we'd lose. The sky is falling!

Screw them all. We are successful again and they hate it. They can all eat a bag of dicks.

Lmao but it’s fine for the storm to be going after Tino and Haas while apparently having 4 players on million dollar deals? When the broncos upgrade and extend Walsh, and assuming that Payne re-signs, we will only possess two players on a mil a season.

We were always going to be "a club in crisis" no matter what he did. He signed, so now the focus is on "who else must they lose now". If he left it would have been because we couldn't do enough - and they still would have wondered who else we'd lose. The sky is falling!

Screw them all. We are successful again and they hate it. They can all eat a bag of dicks.
Like I’ve said previously - the Sydney NRL media would be more in tune with the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea than the Broncos’ salary cap..

Ignore the media speculation, it’s just noise for the sake of noise.. the club has clever people looking ok’ing after all of this..

Any word on Ezra?! Why has a 5 year extension not been announced yet?

I want Ezra to stay so badly (probably my favourite player who I think is in for the biggest career of the lot in the end) but I'd be too busy laughing to miss him if he went to the bulldogs hahahahaha imagine chicken sandwich. Man, what a stupid decision and way to go about what he did. Child getting advice from children by the sounds of it...

Active Now

• Bish
  • Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.