Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

If somebody offers Mam, or any player for that matter, enough money, he will take it. Its all going to come down to money no matter what people think.
For Ezra you make a patron agreement . Play the long game . He is still just a boy . He will be a legend by the time he finishes . Already surpassing Bunji . And can also tackle .

Wouldn't it be crazy if the Dolphins sign Mam and we sign Dearden. I hate the thought of it.

Just the typical media click bait and people twisting comments to suit their narrative.

I am usually a pessimist but I just dont see ezra leaving. He appears to enjoy the team too much to leave, and has a good head on his shoulders to recognise he is a better player when working adjacent to reyno and walsh.

He'll be back in the 17, love the bloke and love that he wants to be a career Bronco and we should accommodate that.

As for Mam, this is the media gossip columning in full swing. Based on the way the article was written the other day, a journalist clearly asked if he were available, would the Dolphins be interested? The Dolphins of course said the generic response that they are always interested in quality players. Now according to the media, they are making a play for him suddenly.

Can we just re-sign some bloody players. We just had a heartbreaking gf, would been nice to have a new focus regarding the team. Think this is DDs first bad move to be fair, but a signing or 2 in the back pocket, ready to tell us would have been nice post gf win or lose.

Can we just re-sign some bloody players. We just had a heartbreaking gf, would been nice to have a new focus regarding the team. Think this is DDs first bad move to be fair, but a signing or 2 in the back pocket, ready to tell us would have been nice post gf win or lose.

Oates has re-signed, said it himself, that’s good news.

Agree some signing news would be great and I think some announcements will probably come once the boys are back into training because with some of the high profile guys like Mam, Reynolds, Walsh etc there would probably be some media added with the signing. I'm sure they don't want to come in from their break for that.
Oates resigned, sounds like Piakura is pretty over the line, Riki has said he doesn't even want to test his value and Mam isn't out touring other clubs facilities so that's some good news

So we're getting Turps back in exchange for Paix?
Dislike Thumbs Down GIF by Studios 2016

He'll be back in the 17, love the bloke and love that he wants to be a career Bronco and we should accommodate that.

As for Mam, this is the media gossip columning in full swing. Based on the way the article was written the other day, a journalist clearly asked if he were available, would the Dolphins be interested? The Dolphins of course said the generic response that they are always interested in quality players. Now according to the media, they are making a play for him suddenly.
The Dolphins are the Bulldogs of Qld... everyone available is somehow linked to them.

I dont think Mam is signing for the Dolphins for a million unless for some odd reason we are lowballing him. Its going to take $200k or $300k more a year than that.

Lets face it, they are making a story out of asking a club if a very good free agent player would interest them. We would be no different if somebody asked us if we would be interested in a quality player.

He's not going to get a huge offer from us though because we simply dont have it there to offer him. We wont low ball him i wouldn't think, but we aren't getting close to $900k+ a year for him at this stage. If we throw big money at Mam, then unless Walsh is willing to take quite a decent contract hit we are going to struggle to keep him as well.

We have quite a tricky balancing act on our hands and i think its going to be dependent on some smart signings and hoping some players take less than what they can get elsewhere.
We will need to make budget purchases on the edges to keep our Paine and middle. Staggs would be the one you’d be planning on replacing when his contract is up with a far cheaper option.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • marw
  • mystico
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • davidp
  • broncos4life
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.