Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

I don’t understand the fuss in jumping to signup the people who’re let go with other clubs. In my view, they don’t fit into our mould.

We’ve Alffie, the legend & others whom we should stick with. We already have Adam in waiting who could join/replace Alffie in couple of years. Although, the sight of not seeing Alffie not running water during game time pains me.

I don’t understand the fuss in jumping to signup the people who’re let go with other clubs. In my view, they don’t fit into our mould.

We’ve Alffie, the legend & others whom we should stick with. We already have Adam in waiting who could join/replace Alffie in couple of years. Although, the sight of not seeing Alffie not running water during game time pains me.
Awful way of viewing it. Just because someone has lost value at another club doesn’t mean they can’t be extremely valuable at another. By that view Reynolds has no value in being here? It’s passed the date Rabbitohs wanted to hang onto him now so he just isn’t welcome? Neither would Kev, Cartwright, Ballin (not certain Manly weren’t wanting to keep him) and a whole host of players. I agree we don’t need Ronnie Palmer because we have an awesome trainer in Alf plus Ballin is the back up and Reyno might take it over once he is done (unlikely). But to write off people because they have been rejected out of other systems is just ludicrous. For sure there is heaps of people you don’t want to pick up but that’s for more than just being rejected from/not wanted at there previous club.

Palmer isn't on the coaching staff, he's performance and strength and conditioning.

Dave Ballard would be the comparison you make, not Ballin or Alf. They don't do anything even remotely the same as Palmer.

reckon palmer will end up somewhere like the dogs or even penrith shit even the roosters again

If you sniff around fan comments of his previous clubs, he seems to be out of date in his methods but who knows if that’s right.

If you sniff around fan comments of his previous clubs, he seems to be out of date in his methods but who knows if that’s right.

That seems to be the consensus from Manly and Titans fans from his time at both

Looks like the interest in Paix has dried up and he will remain.

Looks like the interest in Paix has dried up and he will remain.

I think the interest is there, but the price just isnt right. Clubs know we want him off the books, so they arent going to take on his contract.

Apparently Piakura re-signs for 3 more years
IMG 0695

I think the interest is there, but the price just isnt right. Clubs know we want him off the books, so they arent going to take on his contract.
Can't imagine many clubs forking out 300k+ right now for a dummy half who has dropped down into Hostcup with Tyson Smoothy displacing him and Mozer making his debut. Personally I think we rushed on re-signing him.

Hooker is a weird position across the league at the moment. It's almost like it's becoming less important compared to even a couple years ago.

There's very few teams not running two hookers nowadays, which automatically reduces their contract value... even Souths run with a Sele or someone on the bench just in case they want to pull Cook off.

But there's probably never been less talent in the position across the league.

Harry won hooker of the year at the Dally M... He's clearly the best in the comp (with Bhunt basically the other contender), but he didn't even have a good year by his standards... mostly because he wasn't playing as a pair with Bsmith.

JMK is probably the next best and then it's Api or Cook??

After that it's probably Robson and Egan with Mahoney dropping waaaaaaaay down the list... that's pretty much it when it comes to at least half decent hookers across the league. Outside God tier Billiam of course

So it's a position that Paix could jump at if he's got the confidence to take it on, but then are clubs really going to pay much money for a hooker nowadays?

Panthers have just won the last 2 premierships with a tackle/pass bot in the 9 jersey

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.