Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Fletcher Bakers official info page for roosters, broncos and nswrl all list him as 2nd row? Perhaps he’ll get used in that way?

We can't "replace him." Simple as that. He's not a factory churned second rower. He's one of a kind. Unless you can think of a "cheap" premiership winning second rower who can score tries from the centres at Origin level. He also has an extraordinary passing game (better than Herbie's for comparison), and can even kick a (1) field goal.

Bottom line is: if we let him go, Kevvie will have to come up with a new bench formula that includes a centre and a relief hooker. He's never done that before.
I meant replace him in the squad by getting another second rower rather than making do with what we have in that position. I acknowledge it will be a downgrade and he has a unique skillset. Let's see how they replace him if he goes.

Fletcher Bakers official info page for roosters, broncos and nswrl all list him as 2nd row? Perhaps he’ll get used in that way?

He did play a bit wider for the Roosters at times last year.

He's only an injury or loss of form away from playing 1sts again . All this get rid of him talk is premature. Mozer is still to prove he can play week in week out . Meaning a twinge a tweak and Paix is there waiting .
Last season was an exception to the rules re injuries
There’s 3 hookers infront him.

There’s 3 hookers infront him.

Yes and no .
Only 2 have NRL experience ...
Yes Mozer has made his debut , but is still unproven at NRL level .

I explained that twice already .

Come the trials it`s up to him to show he`s ahead of Mozer , and he could even surpass Smoothy just yet . Now till October next year is a long road .Shit does happen .

Yes and no .
Only 2 have NRL experience ...
Yes Mozer has made his debut , but is still unproven at NRL level .

I explained that twice already .

Come the trials it`s up to him to show he`s ahead of Mozer , and he could even surpass Smoothy just yet . Now till October next year is a long road .Shit does happen .
You’re the only person in the forum that thinks Paix can be better than 3 hookers we have. He can’t defend better than any of the 3, he’s service is worse than all of 3. He’s literally just a dummy half runner but majority of the time is to scared to do that anyway. He had his chance.

Mate your reading comprehension or prejudice is clouding your vision .
New preseason means new opportunities .

I don`t think he is a better player than the other 3 . I do think he may be required at some stage . Smoothy was in Q Cup for most of the season too . Mozer might need another year in the gym to be able to handle the big boys week in week out .
So a long term injury to Billy or Smoothy and its a competition for #14 between Mozer and Paix is that so hard to process ?

I don`t think he is a better player than the other 3 . I thought he got the fwd moving onto the ball pre his knee injury . Fully fit with a good preseason and he may improve his running .

I do think he may be required at some stage . Smoothy was in Q Cup for most of the season too . Mozer might need another year in the gym to be able to handle the big boys week in week out . Kevvie and his gang obviously have him in their plans or they would be making deals to be rid of him . That aint happened so far .
So a long term injury to Billy or Smoothy and its a competition for #14 between Mozer and Paix is that so hard to process ?

You’re the only person in the forum that thinks Paix can be better than 3 hookers we have. He can’t defend better than any of the 3, he’s service is worse than all of 3. He’s literally just a dummy half runner but majority of the time is to scared to do that anyway. He had his chance.

I don`t think he is a better player than the other 3 . I do think he may be required at some stage . Smoothy was in Q Cup for most of the season too . Mozer might need another year in the gym to be able to handle the big boys week in week out .
I think Paix is somewhat unfairly maligned around these parts but Billy and Tyson have settled into their tag team roles enough that neither looked out of place in the Grand Final. Regardless that Kevvie risked his job in gifting Billy the 9, and copped flak all round for it, the gamble paid off and Billy genunely earned his place. There is no conversation about dropping him.

There were moments during the finals when I thought Billy not only earned his place, but was killing it, and then Tyson came on and I thought the team lifted. That said, I've been less impressed when Billy's scored a second stint. I still don't think he's the finished product as "spark off the bench."

Mozer is obviously the future, that's no secret, and one of them will have to make way for him. Given it's pretty much a coin toss, Kevvie has earned the right to retain his son without being persecuted for "nepotism." This conversation might change at the back end of the season if we're going down the gurgler and Billy is turning in shockers, but you wouldn't be backing that horse right now.

Verdict: we already have two Premiership ready hookers and a potential upgrade in the wings. And there's even another youngster behind Mozer. I'd be booking a flight to England if I were Cory.

Obviously Kevvie thinks he may be useful or he would have told Donuts to make a deal some where . That hasn`t happened yet ...

Obviously Kevvie thinks he may be useful or he would have told Donuts to make a deal some where . That hasn`t happened yet ...
i guess it depends what you believe in the media but i think someone reported that he was given permission to negotiate with rival clubs,could be media spin though who knows?

Time will tell ..
Given permission but wants to stay in Brisvegas was what I read .

Have you been in a coma?

Not a coma .
But in Nthn Thailand .Good weed up here . LOL .

That story was posted over a month ago ?
Got anything more up to date ? Early season before he got his knee hip dropped on he was adding spark when he came on . Took Smoothy till late in the season and an injury to surpass him . He also shared the game time at the Magpies with Mozer. Each would play a half of footy . Would Kev / Lee / Hoss give him those opportunities if they thought he was not useful ?

Ban Luang an hour outside Nan City Nan province .
Stayed on an organic farm . Folks were self sufficient lots of good food and interesting experiences .
In the airport in Denpasar currently waiting for a flight to Brisvegas , then a shuttle to the Sunny Coast tomorrow morning . Wish me luck .
Denpasar is a fair way from Nthn Thailand. Why Denpasa? Just curious.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.