Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Badel is irrelevant, makes stuff up all the time and then keeps pushing it.

How everyone should deal with NRL journalists:

season 7 episode 6 GIF

And now the media are saying that the Roosters and Sea Eagles are coming for Staggs...yep because if we can't afford to keep him, two other teams with salary cap pressure will be able to.

Badel needs to get fucked. There’s no doubt Selwyn is in demand you don’t need to be a lowlife Courier Mail journalist to publicly espouse this shit.

It's pretty well backed up by Bartlett.

"I personally think Selwyn should be a Bronco for life."

"His preference is to stay in Brisbane, he loves the Broncos."

"I know if we go to open market he will get $1 million offers possibly more."

"I've already had a few clubs contact me to talk but I've been honest and said he's not off contract until 2025."

"Until my client says I want to look around then we will focus on the Broncos."

Taz pretty much wrote the headline!

If that is really what he is going to be demanding, then sadly someone else is gonna have to go, probably both Staggs and Oates. We need to have a warchest ready to sign a quality half to replace Reyno because Madden is just not it.

If that is really what he is going to be demanding, then sadly someone else is gonna have to go, probably both Staggs and Oates. We need to have a warchest ready to sign a quality half to replace Reyno because Madden is just not it.
I think his manager is saying the opposite... saying he could get a million if he went to the market, but he doesn't want to leave Broncos at this stage. I'm not sure he would though... not at any serious clubs anyway.

They're just trying to put pressure on broncos to bump his price up.

Elite centres are getting like $700k nowadays... we might be around that mark or maybe go a little higher, because he's our back up fullback as well.

The ones getting more than that are getting paid on fullback potential (Crichton on like $800k at dogs, or rorters being able to pay Manu $800k because he can play elite as a fullback as well).

If he wants more than $700-750k then he'll have to head somewhere else, but then does he want to leave SEQ

Even if they dont want to leave, we might not be able to afford to offer them enough money. I'm not seeing enough of our big guns taking unders to stay.

Isnt he on 700k next year? Shouldnt be that much of a stretch to find a bit more to go close to what he might get elsewhere

Even if they dont want to leave, we might not be able to afford to offer them enough money. I'm not seeing enough of our big guns taking unders to stay.
If Walsh's $1-1.1m ends up being correct than I would say that is unders to an extent. He's probably at least $1.2m, but could get a desperate club to throw $1.5m at him.

I think it's someone like Staggs that is a barometer... he's on a decent contract as it is, so if he stays on that or goes a little under it would help.

We'd need Xavier to go a middling contract as well instead of a big ass contract on potential ... wouldn't need it to be long term one just a 2yr extension on decent top 30 contract. If he's coming in wanting Flegler money straight away then we're fucked. I think Te Kura will be a tough one to lock down if we get X signed up first.

Not sure what Riki, Piakura, Arthars and Mariner signed for either... Piakura and Mariner are both guys that could get very decent deals if they went to market, but seemingly signed under the radar.

Kobe, Jensen and guys like that are the ones that we need them to stay on decent contracts so they can play in a good team

If Walsh's $1-1.1m ends up being correct than I would say that is unders to an extent. He's probably at least $1.2m, but could get a desperate club to throw $1.5m at him.

I think it's someone like Staggs that is a barometer... he's on a decent contract as it is, so if he stays on that or goes a little under it would help.

We'd need Xavier to go a middling contract on potential as well... wouldn't need it to be long term one just a 2yr extension on decent top 30 contract.

Not sure what Riki, Piakura, Arthars and Mariner signed for either... Piakura and Mariner are both guys that could get very decent deals if they went to market, but seemingly signed under the radar.

To keep the group together we probably need a few to take a bit below their market value. I think we probably only have Carrigan at the moment on unders out of our big guns. Walsh obviously is but its slightly different circumstances with him. We need to sign him on around a million i reckon.

Piakura is an interesting one because i think his last couple of contracts here have been on overs when you look at what he has achieved. We are certainley paying him more based on potential right now than output on the field.

We desperatley need some more Jensen type signings. Solid workhorses at good value contracts. Sadly, i think we may lose quite a few players.

We'd need Xavier to go a middling contract on potential as well... wouldn't need it to be long term one just a 2yr extension on decent top 30 contract. If he's coming in wanting Flegler money straight away then we're fucked. I think Te Kura will be a tough one to lock down if we get X signed up first.

Kobe, Jensen and guys like that are the ones that we need them to stay on decent contracts so they can play in a good team
Could be a slight chance Walsh signs for less than what's reported. He's got the Ralph Lauren and Musashi ads/sponsors, not sure whether the club hooked him up with them or not but I'm sure there's going to be more.

Staggs seems to have matured abit since his last contract and become more of a leader within the group so hopefully he's got the thought of keeping the group together because we have a strong premiership chance if we do. Riki had this thinking years ago so I'd imagine he signed with this thinking.

I reckon as long as we are within 2-3 hundred thousand on most contracts compared to other offers, they'll sign on. Players also want to win. Lifelong Broncos also make more post-retirement. I reckon we won't lose that many, if any. My biggest fears are for Te Kura and Willison, they are on way under what desperate clubs will throw at them.

I reckon as long as we are within 2-3 hundred thousand on most contracts compared to other offers, they'll sign on. Players also want to win. Lifelong Broncos also make more post-retirement. I reckon we won't lose that many, if any. My biggest fears are for Te Kura and Willison, they are on way under what desperate clubs will throw at them.
Agreed.
My worry is Te Kura, Jesse Bromwich is 34 and Te Kura is a Redcliffe Junior..

Agreed.
My worry is Te Kura, Jesse Bromwich is 34 and Te Kura is a Redcliffe Junior..
We won’t keep all of Haas, Willison and Te Kura. We’ll get a good year or 2 out of the young guys if we’re lucky. Cap can’t fit them all.

New young guys will come through and fill the void and the circle of life continues.

Could be a slight chance Walsh signs for less than what's reported. He's got the Ralph Lauren and Musashi ads/sponsors, not sure whether the club hooked him up with them or not but I'm sure there's going to be more.

Staggs seems to have matured abit since his last contract and become more of a leader within the group so hopefully he's got the thought of keeping the group together because we have a strong premiership chance if we do. Riki had this thinking years ago so I'd imagine he signed with this thinking.
This post .. ♥️

Kotoni has mad, mad love for The Broncs. As you say, he has matured. Easy to see that he is really enjoying his footy. Difficult to leave somewhere where your heart is, and where you are really happy.

I think he will happily take a bit of a pay cut .. to keep the lads together, and go for the Premiership. He knows that it's their time.

Reece probably feels the same way too.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Brocko
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.