Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Not in the salary cap .
3rd party sponsorship . The Broncos can do the same . Walshy could be driving a Lambo , but it doesn`t automatically mean the Broncos are cheating the cap .

I think your tin foil hat might need adjustment ?
How does it work exactly, could someone just hand over a million as a third party sponsorship and it’s all legit?

How does it work exactly, could someone just hand over a million as a third party sponsorship and it’s all legit?
They need to be beyond arm's length... i.e. they can't be a sponsor of the club and they can't be affiliated with the club like chairman of the board or owner

They also can't be sourced by the club... i.e. the player's manager needs to go out and find them... or they need to come to the player with the offer

I'd say a car dealership owned by Uncle Nick is not beyond arm's length... but Uncle Nick getting one his mates to sell a phantom for $20k on carsales.com is sweet... of course Uncle Nick would have to be providing a kick back to the phantom owner at some point... unless they're doing out of the goodwill of their hearts

Gambling is also outside the salary cap... i.e. losing bets on the golf course

pretty much there are a few rules: although i'm not sure if they've changed recently, but don't think so.

1. the TPA can't be from a club sponsor, and the club can play no part in helping the player secure that sponsorship.

2. the club can not guarantee the sponsorship (i.e. step in and pay it if the sponsor fails to) ... this has popped up a couple of times, Mark Gasnier immediately springs to mind.

3. the sponsorship can't be an enticement for you to play for a certain club (i.e. must be available regardless of the club the player plays for.

4. not sure on this one, but I don't think they are permitted to wear club affiliated gear during any promotional activities for the sponsor.

5. the NRL must be notified about the arrangement

How can you punish a club if some rich superfan with no connection to the club hands a player a bag full of cash or a car?

There are plenty of ways they can get deals under the table. I've mentioned it before, but i know a player who got a trade in worth over $20k on a car that was probably worth $2000 or 3000 tops from a sponsor of the Broncos.

Phins have Hammer , Tesi , Bostock , Averillo and Herbert .
They have all played centre this season or last . I`d be surprised if they were chasing Mariner .

RE Mariner .
They asked Ezra who is the fastest at the Broncos . He said It`s between him , Reece , Selwyn and Deine , but Deine never goes his hardest .

Phins have Hammer , Tesi , Bostock , Averillo and Herbert .
They have all played centre this season or last . I`d be surprised if they were chasing Mariner .

RE Mariner .
They asked Ezra who is the fastest at the Broncos . He said It`s between him , Reece , Selwyn and Deine , but Deine never goes his hardest .
I reckon it's comfortably Mariner. He runs so smoothly, changes gears at will.

If you and or your manager organise it you can get a billion-dollar deal. Your club just can't have any involvement.

As soon as your club organise it then it is on the cap.

Also any deal that is done with a game sponsor- Kayo, Telstra etc is cap free.

It is a pretty small market, it was 1.5 million a couple of years ago in total. Whether that is lazy managers not organising deals or lazy players not caring about 50k to sell yoghurt I don't know.

They need to be beyond arm's length... i.e. they can't be a sponsor of the club and they can't be affiliated with the club like chairman of the board or owner

They also can't be sourced by the club... i.e. the player's manager needs to go out and find them... or they need to come to the player with the offer

I'd say a car dealership owned by Uncle Nick is not beyond arm's length... but Uncle Nick getting one his mates to sell a phantom for $20k on carsales.com is sweet... of course Uncle Nick would have to be providing a kick back to the phantom owner at some point... unless they're doing out of the goodwill of their hearts

Gambling is also outside the salary cap... i.e. losing bets on the golf course
This is what I thought it’d be like. **** me, just scrap the cap. 😂

If you and or your manager organise it you can get a billion-dollar deal. Your club just can't have any involvement.

As soon as your club organise it then it is on the cap.

Also any deal that is done with a game sponsor- Kayo, Telstra etc is cap free.

It is a pretty small market, it was 1.5 million a couple of years ago in total. Whether that is lazy managers not organising deals or lazy players not caring about 50k to sell yoghurt I don't know.

Or 'lazy' managers / investors not declaring it.

Correction. Wayne Bennett is bringing Hammer. Just a rumour from someone claiming to have “inside sauces”

Souths need forwards more than a fullback anyway. They have Gray and Mitchell there already.

Well they need a good fitness coach more than anything.

What has he done in the past to make you think that is an option ?
Never played any position other than wing in 1st grade ??
Oates played when he came into grade a bunch of positions. Most of us wanted him in first team as quickly as they could make it happen once he arrived...

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • broncsgoat
  • Spooky1013
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Tim K
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.