Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Paix was a half before he was a hooker. Maybe if he's given some rope he could he a good utility for us.

Would love to see a younger guy have that role coming through. Melbourne always seem to have a jack of all trades spine player like hynes or wishart etc. Would be cool if paix could be that guy for us.

2019 is a long time ago. When he’s played bench in cup I’ve always thought he was too solid and safe to be a bench. I think him and Mozer were terrible together in 23 and Broncos moved him to Wynnum because they just didn’t gel at all.

Keep in mind Rimbu won the Petero Medal for player of the year but didn’t make hooker of the year.

Rimbu was streets ahead of Paix and the best hooker in Cup.

I must admit that I'm confused about how you can be the best player in the comp ... but not the best player in your position

Paix was a half before he was a hooker. Maybe if he's given some rope he could he a good utility for us.

Would love to see a younger guy have that role coming through. Melbourne always seem to have a jack of all trades spine player like hynes or wishart etc. Would be cool if paix could be that guy for us.
Long time since Paix called himself a half. Not sure that counts for much, especially compared to Billy who's filled in at the role plenty over the last few years. Paix might be stronger at hooker than Billy, but that's up to Madge to decide. In the bigger scheme of things, the Kevvie model needn't continue.

Madge's bench has bigger fish to fry than resting a middling makeshift hooker, thanks to our fragile links namely Reynolds, Piakura and Walsh. He also needs to deputize Reynolds.

So rather than bring on a Cup level hooker who can fill in at half, he needs to bring in a superior half who can fill in at dummy half. Rather than Walters and Paix, he will need to make a decision on Madden vs Rogers. Then by the end of the season we need Black coming off the bench for a twenty minute spell.

But the most important bench player Madge needs to poach is someone who can cover both centre and 2nd row. Like Capewell. Then if anyone in the backs goes down we can shuffle. Cobbo can cover fullback, Walsh the halves, etc. Hetherington is currently in the box seat for this bench spot and he's nowhere near up to it.

I must admit that I'm confused about how you can be the best player in the comp ... but not the best player in your position

Team of the year is voted on by the coach after games- best three from the other team.

Petero Medal is the referee after the game.

I know I've had a few really weird ideas lately, but what if Reynolds was in the 14 jersey, would he be able to cover at hooker?

It would allow for Maguire to adapt the team for the post Reynolds era and reduce his potential risk of injury immediately, but he'd still be there to mount a rescue mission at halfback off the bench next season if needed.

Latrell Siegwalt playing in the Koori knockout right now. He just laid on the first try for his mob.

I know I've had a few really weird ideas lately, but what if Reynolds was in the 14 jersey, would he be able to cover at hooker?

It would allow for Maguire to adapt the team for the post Reynolds era and reduce his potential risk of injury immediately, but he'd still be there to mount a rescue mission at halfback off the bench next season if needed.

Who is your supplier?

One thing is clear after this year's GF. Our fitness is more than one pre-season off. To get to the level both teams played at you need at least two real serious pre-seasons and a long run in the finals.

The only other alternative is some form of go-juice that has yet to be detected.

Whoever we sign from here on in needs to be able to push through the pain barrier on a regular basis and the guys we have now need to a heap of stamina work done on their legs and cardio.

One thing is clear after this year's GF. Our fitness is more than one pre-season off. To get to the level both teams played at you need at least two real serious pre-seasons and a long run in the finals.

The only other alternative is some form of go-juice that has yet to be detected.

Whoever we sign from here on in needs to be able to push through the pain barrier on a regular basis and the guys we have now need to a heap of stamina work done on their legs and cardio.
And someone to ensure that it happens.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • The Strapper
  • Gaz
  • Skathen
  • Behind enemy lines
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • barker
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • Redfern_1980
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.