Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

Anyone actually heard any new rumours lately? We have 4 pr 5 spots to fill "officially" and there's been crickets about rumours for us. Surely madge puts a stamp on the squad soon. Out top 17 is good (about 11-12 of them anyway), they just have NO ONE putting pressure on them at all. The 18-25 are fill ins at best.

Well we are two weeks from free agency and we haven't locked up the guys we want to keep. I can't see us making any recruitment in the mean time.

Well we are two weeks from free agency and we haven't locked up the guys we want to keep. I can't see us making any recruitment in the mean time.
Our entire recruitment and retention team is hugely dissapointing. People are saying it was all ikin but I remember being really impressed with our moves before he came as well. That 6 month period before he got there was impressive so wtf has happened.

Our entire recruitment and retention team is hugely dissapointing. People are saying it was all ikin but I remember being really impressed with our moves before he came as well. That 6 month period before he got there was impressive so wtf has happened.
Pre-Ikin are good signings were only really Reynolds and David Mead. We lost Dearden and Coates.

Reyno was a huge win but there were no other real decent signings at the time. Ryan James maybe? Billy?

Ikin came on and we signed Capewell, Te Maire Martin, Smoothy, Jensen, Hoeter- which were all master strokes imo. Great value buys. We then traded TMM for Walsh and added Taupau and then Ikin left.

Since Ikin left we lost Flegler, Herbie, Palasia, Capewell and signed Goose, and Baker

“I think he is already on the radar at the Broncos, but geez it would be good to get him - Kurt Capewell,” Ikin said.

I don't think Ben's that efficient, shed!

Stick to plan B.

Capewell was a crap signing! We didn't like him anyway!

“I think he is already on the radar at the Broncos, but geez it would be good to get him - Kurt Capewell,” Ikin said.

I don't think Ben's that efficient, shed!

Stick to plan B.

Capewell was a crap signing! We didn't like him anyway!
Hard to say. Based on comments at the time it seemed pretty obvious he was already involved before the official announcement.

I’m definitely not trying to paint it all one way or the other so correcting me doesn’t bother me. It helps me understand

Definitely should use this opportunity to sack Mam.

I think Ben Hunt would be the best target to replace him.

Hard to say. Based on comments at the time it seemed pretty obvious he was already involved before the official announcement.
The only reason I had those articles on hand is because I remember there were discussions around Ikin's role and what he actually achieved at the club. I remember there being conjecture around Capewell, even though it doesn't contradict your timeline.

Still, on the face of it, I don't think Kurt was an Ikin call. That felt like an on-brand Broncos signing.

Danny Weedler in the Sydney Morning Herald this morning hinting at approach from Brisbane to Ben Hunt in the Kangaroos camp.

if he said it .... you can be 100% guaranteed it didn't happen.

I'd be surprised if we make too many big moves until Madge gets his feet under the desk at Red Hill.

besides if we're chasing Hunt as a potential Reynolds replacement, we'd be much better off simply offering Reynolds an extra year. Hunt is the same age as Reynolds and IMO, Reynolds is the better halfback (especially in the game management area)

Pre-Ikin are good signings were only really Reynolds and David Mead. We lost Dearden and Coates.

Reyno was a huge win but there were no other real decent signings at the time. Ryan James maybe? Billy?

Ikin came on and we signed Capewell, Te Maire Martin, Smoothy, Jensen, Hoeter- which were all master strokes imo. Great value buys. We then traded TMM for Walsh and added Taupau and then Ikin left.

Since Ikin left we lost Flegler, Herbie, Palasia, Capewell and signed Goose, and Baker

Capewell was pre-Ikin as well.

Capes signing was announced only a few days after Ikin started, which means the deal was likely done before he started. I think it would be extremely rare for a player (especially one in demand) to negotiate a deal with a new club in just a few days.

Flegler, Herbie and Palasia all signed with rival clubs under Ikin's watch, but left after he finished up

Capes signing was announced only a few days after Ikin started, which means the deal was likely done before he started. I think it would be extremely rare for a player (especially one in demand) to negotiate a deal with a new club in just a few days.

Flegler, Herbie and Palasia all signed with rival clubs under Ikin's watch, but left after he finished up
No mate! Every good signing we have ever had was Ikin. Every bad signing and every player we lost was Walters.

Get it right!!

I’ll cop the Capewell signing but I’ll need to see a reminder regarding Herbie and Flegler

Yeah mate, I bet Kev also told Ezra not to get a licence. Probably put the keys in his hand, cocaine in his nose and said - Go drive straight at the first Uber you see Ez.

All this has to be Walters fault.
you're losing it again mate. maybe log off for the off season. you did say you wish you could trade clubs for 18-24 months, maybe just take 4 months and come back for trials

Yeah mate, I bet Kev also told Ezra not to get a licence. Probably put the keys in his hand, cocaine in his nose and said - Go drive straight at the first Uber you see Ez.

Yeah agree. Kev must have seen what was developing under his nose and did nothing to rein it in.
Or was blind to it, not sure which is worse.

Yeah agree. Kev must have seen what was developing under his nose and did nothing to rein it in.
Or was blind to it, not sure which is worse.
I remember one of his pressers when he alluded to problems within the club which he said were bigger than issues on the playing field and needed fixing, but he did not elaborate on it.

Let it go mate. You’ll only give yourself an ulcer.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Jazza
  • porouian
  • MrTickyMcG
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.