Broncos sign Jesse Arthars

Id like for Isaako to get first crack, at least in the trials. But if Jesse does well there then good on him. He has a connection with Haas and Fifita and played with Turpin too so it probably wouldn't be the worst thing for him to be in the spine. I haven't seen enough of him to really make comment. Ideally, I just want a fullback that is super fit and good with support play. Someone just feeding off Haas, Fifita, TPJ etc with their offloads.

Luckily that stuff isn't difficult to coach, it's just difficult to execute.

Arthars I like, he was so impressive at centre for the Bears this year, Queensland picked him at fullback just to get him in the side but then Titans picked him so he didn't play.

His stand out game this year was against the Seagulls at home, it was like he wanted to destroy Dearden.

I commented at the time.

Dearden was very good at putting his body there. Arthars tested him early too and had two tries down his side in the first 10 minutes. He was probably too enthusiastic at times and would come up and in too much. Pauga was all lost out there and Dearden should have stayed with him.

He just ran with such purpose and strength in that game. Best game I saw him play this year. He needs some stability for his football. NYC at Storm in 2016 and 2017- 44 games, Rabbits 2018, Bears times two, Titans. He's played for four teams in four years.

2020 could mean another two teams but hopefully that is it now. Be good to see him at fullback if he plays ISC. I think that is where he would be best suited.

Arthars I like, he was so impressive at centre for the Bears this year, Queensland picked him at fullback just to get him in the side but then Titans picked him so he didn't play.

His stand out game this year was against the Seagulls at home, it was like he wanted to destroy Dearden.

I commented at the time.

He just ran with such purpose and strength in that game. Best game I saw him play this year. He needs some stability for his football. NYC at Storm in 2016 and 2017- 44 games, Rabbits 2018, Bears times two, Titans. He's played for four teams in four years.

2020 could mean another two teams but hopefully that is it now. Be good to see him at fullback if he plays ISC. I think that is where he would be best suited.
Any idea which club he's going to be aligned with yet?

I commented at the time.

If he shows decent form in the preseason and trials do you think he'd be ready for fullback in first grade?

Any idea which club he's going to be aligned with yet?

Haven't heard, but Magpies would have Tesi and Norths have Ahearn so that leaves Redcliffe and Wynnum- Wynnum are losing Gebbie to Souths and Redcliffe fullback was an issue all year.
[automerge]1572389727[/automerge]
If he shows decent form in the preseason and trials do you think he'd be ready for fullback in first grade?

Well depends not just on his form but the guys above him too, might not be a fullback spot no matter how well he goes.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fatboy
  • maddo
  • FaceOfMutiny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.