OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not saying a lot for a bloke who has probably player around 60 games.

Saying all that, i think if we accept his limitations he is a solid enough option short term. I've come around thinking Herbie may be our best current option though as he just brings more energy.
Yeah don’t get me wrong, I’ve been calling Isaako a goal kicking Hoffman for as long as I can remember watching him. I just think he’s one of those cheap outside back options that allows you to spend more elsewhere. At least I used to think so though this season has raised serious doubts he can even be that. He’s a Kahu, Copley, Beale, Winterstien, Hoffman, etc etc level club man at best - with the bonus of being a solid kicking option. Nothing wrong with that but he needs to find consistency.

But until someone better comes along he’s probably who I’d give first pick. Herbie is an option too, but in honesty all options are equally underwhelming.

Yeah don’t get me wrong, I’ve been calling Isaako a goal kicking Hoffman for as long as I can remember watching him. I just think he’s one of those cheap outside back options that allows you to spend more elsewhere. At least I used to think so though this season has raised serious doubts he can even be that. He’s a Kahu, Copley, Beale, Winterstien, Hoffman, etc etc level club man at best - with the bonus of being a solid kicking option. Nothing wrong with that but he needs to find consistency.

But until someone better comes along he’s probably who I’d give first pick. Herbie is an option too, but in honesty all options are equally underwhelming.

They are underwhelming mate, totally agree. Maybe Darius might want another 12 months 😆

They are underwhelming mate, totally agree. Maybe Darius might want another 12 months 😆
120275069 1402425816619165 7694961404067737090 n

He isnt a gun. His game is pretty much the same as it was when he played at fullback regularly for Souths. He can goal kick, thats his main weapon. Apart from the Roosters game he has pretty much done nothing. I'd say he is a worse version of Josh Hoffman, but one who can kick goals. If this about Seibold telling him not to pass is true ( and i dont think it is ) its probably because he hasnt shown he has any ball playing skills, at least not in the 4 years i've been watching him. On top of that, for a player of his size you dont see him hit the line with any real venom.

Its pretty hilarious to me how freely the term gun player is thrown around on here. You only have to have a bit of hype or do one good thing and suddenly you turn into a gun footballer.
Especially in nsw

You lot fucken whinge about overpaying for players and yet that’s what you want to fucking do... like **** me you lot are hypocrites... talk shit about every staffer known to man than go and suggest the same shit they’ve been doing to be criticised in the first place
Come on mate we all talk shit at times......besides we arent buying anyone with only $15 in the bank...allegedly

Its pretty hilarious to me how freely the term gun player is thrown around on here. You only have to have a bit of hype or do one good thing and suddenly you turn into a gun fofootballer.
100% agree with this. One of these "gun players" is coates. I will admit he is very young and raw but does have potential, but to be admitted in the QLD training squad now? (i know he is not likely play and this is only for experience but if i was a decent QLD winger and wasnt in the squad because of him, i would be pissed).

He has taken a few highballs and intercepts, other than that i did not see anything that warrants the current level of hype that the media has on him. His comparison to inglis annoys me.

He is constantly bent/pushed back when making hit ups because he runs with a high centre of gravity and isnt aggressive. If i had to liken him to anyone, it would be daniel tupou from the roosters. Good in the air but soft in the hard yards.

I hope he reaches his potential with kevie because it was never going to happen to seibold.

100% agree with this. One of these "gun players" is coates. I will admit he is very young and raw but does have potential, but to be admitted in the QLD training squad now? (i know he is not likely play and this is only for experience but if i was a decent QLD winger and wasnt in the squad because of him, i would be pissed).

He has taken a few highballs and intercepts, other than that i did not see anything that warrants the current level of hype that the media has on him. His comparison to inglis annoys me.

He is constantly bent/pushed back when making hit ups because he runs with a high centre of gravity and isnt aggressive. If i had to liken him to anyone, it would be daniel tupou from the roosters. Good in the air but soft in the hard yards.

I hope he reaches his potential with kevie because it was never going to happen to seibold.

A lot of these young guys need a good year or two in ISC to learn their trade playing against men. We are a bit too quick to throw some of these blokes into the team.

A lot of these young guys need a good year or two in ISC to learn their trade playing against men. We are a bit too quick to throw some of these blokes into the team.

Is it out of fear? As much as I like promoting the kids or just giving them a go, does the club keep them in first grade too often to keep them wanting to stay?

State comp-killing pandemics aside, with the high interest, social media influenced 24hr news cycle, you just can’t keep kids buried for an extra year or two in reggies to let them mature. The U20s comp was a big factor in finding all these ‘highlight reel’ young players.

However if we were to let Coates, Paix or Dearden spend another year with 50% or more of it in QCup in an effort to help get the best out of them, we’d lose them in a heartbeat, so I can understand both sides of the decision to play them early than they may be ready.

Is it out of fear? As much as I like promoting the kids or just giving them a go, does the club keep them in first grade too often to keep them wanting to stay?

State comp-killing pandemics aside, with the high interest, social media influenced 24hr news cycle, you just can’t keep kids buried for an extra year or two in reggies to let them mature. The U20s comp was a big factor in finding all these ‘highlight reel’ young players.

However if we were to let Coates, Paix or Dearden spend another year with 50% or more of it in QCup in an effort to help get the best out of them, we’d lose them in a heartbeat, so I can understand both sides of the decision to play them early than they may be ready.

This year especially since there was no where for these players to play. They also didn't have much of a choice with injuries and suspensions wreaking havoc on the roster.

Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with letting a bunch of U/20s develop in the QCup until they prove themselves. Sometimes you will get a Karmichael Hunt and you take the gamble but otherwise they have to prove themselves like David Fifita, Payne Haas etc. did.

Some players are ready before others. If we get into the business of playing some of these young blokes just to keep them happy because they are impatient to play first grade as a club we will suffer. If we lose players with that kind of attitude anyway we shouldn't lose any sleep over it. I think a good coach would deal with them properly anyway.

I like Isaako and I certainly have a lot of sympathy for him with regard to his personal life. But he is not an elite fullback and we are the Broncos so that should be the standard. The reason he isn’t elite is that he lacks power and I blame the coaching staff for that. Isaako is a beautiful man but he needs to up his weights and work on his legs if he wants to be the best footballer he can be. At the moment he looks like an Instagram model and plays like one.

It's by product of struggling too, when you're losing you look for answers, everyone says promote the kid so you do. Never works.

Storm are excellent at letting players develop.

Cronk 61 ISC games
Smith 28 ISC games
Munster 46 ISC games
Slater 23 ISC games
Inglis 24 ISC games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Dazza 92
  • FACTHUNT
  • lynx000
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • HarryAllan7
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.