Broncos team of the last decade

Google is your friend. I would suggest you use it. They teach this shit in primary school.

do you realise in one of those posts you quoted (from the Cambridge dictionary, no less), the example of a decade they used was 2010 to 2019

Tenor

Last edited:
Google is your friend. We are talking about cardinal decades, and they really don’t teach this shit in primary school. It literally isn’t on any curriculum.

This article sums it all up very well. We are all correct, but you are only correct in a really boring way bro.
Actually saying “music from the 90s” doesn’t have anything to do with a decade. Where is “decade” mentioned in that phrase?

There is simply no year 0.

If you apply the “music of the 90s” stance then that means that the first decade of the Gregorian calendar is only 9 years long (years 1 - 9) as year 10 is apparently in the next decade.

There is simply no answer to that position; only colloquialisms (which collapse under the merest scrutiny).

Now when does the season start?

Ps that’s not passionate it’s simply pointing out that the suggestion that the new decade began at the commencement of this year is afactual.

Because this is 2020 and we no longer rely on some monks idea of a calendar, there is a year 0.

Last edited:
do you realise in one of those posts you quoted (from the Cambridge dictionary, no less), the example of a decade they used was 2010 to 2019

View attachment 6931
Ah so the dictionary example is correct even when it fails to take into account the fact that there is no year 0...

Try this. Count to 2020 - now allocate them to blocks of 10 years....

**** me. When does the season start?
[automerge]1578189139[/automerge]
Because this is 2019 and we no longer rely on some monks idea of a calendar, there is a year 0.
Actually we do and there isn’t a year 0.

If you say there is find me a source and I will stand corrected.

Last edited:

Nice passage explaining how decades work.

Don’t feel bad. Apparently even the dictionary has been taken over by the ignorant.

Ah so the dictionary example is correct even when it fails to take into account the fact that there is no year 0...

Try this. Count to 2020 - now allocate them to blocks of 10 years....

**** me. When does the season start?
[automerge]1578189139[/automerge]

Actually we do and there isn’t a year 0.

If you say there is find me a source and I will stand corrected.
ISO8601. It's the scientific standard.

Last edited:
I can't believe this is even a debate. When I first started reading it I actually thought everyone was joking.

Think about it... The first day of 2020 is the first day of the decade the exact same way the first millimetre on a ruler is within the first 10cms. I swear I learnt this in year 1 or 2. I mean, ffs, we are in the 21st century aren't we?! How does that work in the other analogy.

This is a shit off season...

I would say the most controversial selection was Folau. I could see somebody making a good case for either Roberts or Reed, but I don't think either of them touched what Folau was capable of in 2010.

Brisbane were a team of individuals and they relied heavily on Lockyer, Folau, Thaiday, Parker etc. to score points. After a horrific start, it was those players who took it upon themselves to come up with the big plays and that Lockyer/Folau combination almost lifted them to an unlikely finals place.

There was a game against St George, the Cyril Connell tribute match, where the gameplan was to kick for Folau. Bennett was onto it and had his players do everything to take him out of the contest, but he just wouldn't be denied.

Not only was he strong in the air, but his running game was fantastic too. I still recall a try he was involved in against Melbourne where he put on a fantastic step, sliced through and tore the game wide open.

Reed put more runs on the board and actually played on the left-hand side, so if this team was actually running out it would close the gap. I thought Reed was all heart and after playing every game like it was his last in 2011, he settled into being a solid player. I couldn't begrudge anyone going with Reed, but feel if we were picking the two based purely on their on-field ability, Folau edges him (and basically 99% of backs in the competition).

I spent the bulk of that previous thread discussing Roberts time at the Broncos so I won't go into as much detail. He was just an extremely enigmatic player and in those big games I often felt like he was an easy target (see the FW1 2017 final vs Sydney). Had more runs on the board and his speed would certainly provide a nice counter-point, but just wasn't as reliable as Folau. Lockyer and Roberts working in tandem is an exciting prospect.

There were a few players who could consider themselves unlucky. Te'o, Lodge, Blair all came close while Hoffman, Kahu, P. Wallace and Hannant could make a case.

I would say the most controversial selection was Folau. I could see somebody making a good case for either Roberts or Reed, but I don't think either of them touched what Folau was capable of in 2010.

Brisbane were a team of individuals and they relied heavily on Lockyer, Folau, Thaiday, Parker etc. to score points. After a horrific start, it was those players who took it upon themselves to come up with the big plays and that Lockyer/Folau combination almost lifted them to an unlikely finals place.

There was a game against St George, the Cyril Connell tribute match, where the gameplan was to kick for Folau. Bennett was onto it and had his players do everything to take him out of the contest, but he just wouldn't be denied.

Not only was he strong in the air, but his running game was fantastic too. I still recall a try he was involved in against Melbourne where he put on a fantastic step, sliced through and tore the game wide open.

Reed put more runs on the board and actually played on the left-hand side, so if this team was actually running out it would close the gap. I thought Reed was all heart and after playing every game like it was his last in 2011, he settled into being a solid player. I couldn't begrudge anyone going with Reed, but feel if we were picking the two based purely on their on-field ability, Folau edges him (and basically 99% of backs in the competition).

I spent the bulk of that previous thread discussing Roberts time at the Broncos so I won't go into as much detail. He was just an extremely enigmatic player and in those big games I often felt like he was an easy target (see the FW1 2017 final vs Sydney). Had more runs on the board and his speed would certainly provide a nice counter-point, but just wasn't as reliable as Folau. Lockyer and Roberts working in tandem is an exciting prospect.

There were a few players who could consider themselves unlucky. Te'o, Lodge, Blair all came close while Hoffman, Kahu, P. Wallace and Hannant could make a case.
Folau and Te'o are two you've mentioned that I feel if circumstances had been just a little bit different, could have been a big part of our side for extended periods and altered our fortunes over the last decade considerably.

On a more positive note, how awesome is 2020?

But a decade starts and ends when?

1. Boyd [emoji3061]
2. Oates[emoji56]
3. Hodges [emoji182]
4. Reed[emoji848]
5. [emoji2369] Daniel Vidot?? ****
6. Lockyer [emoji238]
7. Wallace [emoji53]
8. Haas[emoji7][emoji7]
9. Hunt [emoji98]
10. McGuire [emoji854]
11. Glenn [emoji846]
12. Gillett
13. Parker [emoji3059]
13. Parker [emoji3059]

14. Milford [emoji857]
15. Fifita [emoji72]
16. Hannent[emoji3076]
17. Thaiday [emoji3050]

some positions were tough to even think of a decent player.

Vidot over yow yeh????

Folau and Te'o are two you've mentioned that I feel if circumstances had been just a little bit different, could have been a big part of our side for extended periods and altered our fortunes over the last decade considerably.

Absolutely and alongside Karmichael Hunt and Dave Taylor you could understand why the Broncos were talking up their juniors in 2009. When they essentially lost three of the brightest prospects over the course of one season, you can see why it didn't pan out.

Absolutely and alongside Karmichael Hunt and Dave Taylor you could understand why the Broncos were talking up their juniors in 2009. When they essentially lost three of the brightest prospects over the course of one season, you can see why it didn't pan out.

Very impressive to be genuine contenders in 2011 after losing such talent. Locky's retirement no doubt was the necessary ingredient in helping the young guys step up that year.

Well, Ashton Sims left, after probably his most memorable moment as a Bronco, at the end of 2010, so he can’t be included if the decade is 2011-2020.

Ashton Sims most memorable moment as a Bronco was when he left

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • jd87
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  • HVbronco
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.