NEWS Broncos to field star studded Nines team

Alex Glenn & Xavier Coates scratched from the Nines side, won't travel to Perth, just minor muscle tightness that we don't want to risk.

Kotoni Staggs comes in - Sending a 17 man squad.

Heavy track the last few weeks have a lot of guys sore.

Who becomes captain?
Is Haas is the only one from the leadership group heading over?

Might be Croft or Milf... could be interesting to see how it plays out.

Darius, TPJ, Carrigan, Lodge - Not heading over
Glenn - Injured
Croft - Don't believe he is formally in the leadership group

Is Haas is the only one from the leadership group heading over?

Might be Croft or Milf... could be interesting to see how it plays out.

Darius, TPJ, Carrigan, Lodge - Not heading over
Glenn - Injured
Croft - Don't believe he is formally in the leadership group
Update... photo on NRL Facebook page has Croft front and center. I think it represents the captains??

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1581559929542.jpg
    FB_IMG_1581559929542.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 117
Yep Croft to Captain the 9s side. Confirmed on Broncos webpage.

Didn't see it mentioned yesterday, but we've also flown over Brendan Piakura to take Alex Glenn's spot in the team.

Young gun second rower, played for U16 & U18 Maroons last couple of years.
too soon

Keen as for the footy to be back! We should be a genuine chance to take this out, if we can click.
The only thing that worries me from all this exciting talent that we will be putting on show is, other clubs will be looking to poach them.
The media will be in overdrive as to the million dollar offers to the next big thing out of Brisbane.
There is truth to the fact that we can't keep them all.

Keen as for the footy to be back! We should be a genuine chance to take this out, if we can click.
The only thing that worries me from all this exciting talent that we will be putting on show is, other clubs will be looking to poach them.
The media will be in overdrive as to the million dollar offers to the next big thing out of Brisbane.
There is truth to the fact that we can't keep them all.
Virtually all the young guys actually playing NRL have recently re-signed or are in long term deals though besides Fifita who is hopefully being re-signed as we speak.

Haas has a really long (6 year) deal, Carrigan re-signed in 2018 and TPJ, Lodge, Turpin and Flegler all got new contracts in 2019.

Last edited:
Virtually all the young guys actually playing NRL have recently re-signed or are in long term deals though besides Fifita who is hopefully being re-signed as we speak.

Haas has a really long (6 year) deal, Carrigan re-signed in 2018 and TPJ, Lodge, Turpin and Flegler all got new contracts in 2019.
I was more so referring to the younger guys who haven't had NRL time, or very limited:
Vudogo - off contract end 2020
Izaia Perese - off contract end 2020
Herbie Farnworth - off contract end 2020
Ethan Bullemor - off contract end 2020?

I was more so referring to the younger guys who haven't had NRL time, or very limited:
Let me put your mind at ease by reminding you how many senior guys we have coming off contract in 2020 that likely won't be re-signed. You could just about cover all four of those salaries if just Darius Boyd wasn't on the books in 2021, let alone the rest.

Niu off as well end of this year. If he gets some attention this weekend it won't help. He can't play until June 30.- Get through this weekend and he will be a bit out of sight.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Strop
  • eggstar10
  • Organix
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • KeithustEndaf
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.