NEWS Broncos to field star studded Nines team

Let me put your mind at ease by reminding you how many senior guys we have coming off contract in 2020 that likely won't be re-signed. You could just about cover all four of those salaries if just Darius Boyd wasn't on the books in 2021, let alone the rest.
The original post was not about senior blokes. It was about the young fellas coming through who haven’t had a whole heap of attention yet.
If we click this weekend, everyone will be out to get whoever they can.

I'll actually be shocked if we dont win this tournament. We have an excellent attacking line up, and we seem to be taking it very seriously. I dont see any other team in our pool as focused as we seem to be.

For people in Brisbane. Is kick off 5:30pm or 6:30pm?

Niu off as well end of this year. If he gets some attention this weekend it won't help. He can't play until June 30.- Get through this weekend and he will be a bit out of sight.

He is a good prospect but all this talk of him being the next Lockyer is stretching things a bit.

First time I’ve heard that tbh.

Its in the courier mail today I think I saw it. We want to sign him on a long contract and he is going to take over from Issako when he is eligible to play. Apparently.

Its in the courier mail today I think I saw it. We want to sign him on a long contract and he is going to take over from Issako when he is eligible to play. Apparently.

Does he goal kick?

that was some impressive name dropping from Badel

in the one article apart from mentioning Lockyer several times, he also mentions Cam Smith, Israel Folau, David Fifita and RTS

Last edited:
Does he goal kick?

Not in MM or ISC.
[automerge]1581644700[/automerge]
What about Reece Walsh?

Shoulder injury and won't be back until a few weeks into MM season.
[automerge]1581644796[/automerge]
He is a good prospect but all this talk of him being the next Lockyer is stretching things a bit.

You're almost obligated to compare when you're talking about a young player. Badel would never have seen him play.

Last edited:
The original post was not about senior blokes. It was about the young fellas coming through who haven’t had a whole heap of attention yet.
If we click this weekend, everyone will be out to get whoever they can.

Yes, I got that. I can read.

I was saying that retaining those young guys will get a whole lot easier once the older guys coming off contract are off our books at the end of the year, so we should be able to hold on to most of the ones we want, if not all of them.

Cant wait for nines to start now. I do hope however we dont go too overboard if we do well and we dont get too critical if we struggle a bit. Nines is a very different game and i don't think it will have too much impact on what we do in the NRL

So like, Broncos play tonight at 10:05pm Perth time, so 8:05pm QLD time?

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.