Broncos V Cowboys live feed and game talk.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Hodges Returns In Style
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... s-in-style

HE might not have played a game for over 500 days but Justin Hodges hasn’t lost it.

He breezed onto Traegar Park at Alice Springs in tonight’s trial against the North Queensland and with his first touch of the ball created a try.

Hodges’ return was even better news than the strong 26-4 Broncos’ victory, which comes on the back of last week’s 42-18 demolition of the Titans.

The Cowboys got on the scoreboard for the first time in the 57th minute when Kalifa Faifailoa finished off some enterprising play to make it 14-4.

But Broncos’ captain Corey Parker put his side further head in the 68th minute when he finished off a long-range try after handling twice in the movement.

Jack Reed scored a great individual try with two nminutes left to finish things off.

Before kick-off both teams had linked arms in one big circle to take stand against violence on women, and local girl and Australian Idol contestant Jessica Mauboy sang the national anthem.

The Cowboys dropped the ball twice in open space early but the Broncos capitalised the first time they got up the other end of the park.

Josh Hoffman, who won the Paul Morgan medal for player of the year in 2010, picked up where he left off by sliding into a gap to score untouched in the 13th minute.

Corey Parker knocked over a difficult conversion and it was 6-0.

Hoffman gapped them again in the next set, tearing downfield 50 metres.

The cover got him 10 metres out from the Cowboys’ line, but on the next tackle a cut-out ball found winger Jack Reed unmarked and a 10-0 advantage.

The crowd came alive in the 22nd minute when Hodges came onto the field for his first game after ankle surgery.

The Broncos had a try disallowed in the 30th minute when Matt Gillett was pinged for a forward pass that had put Dale Copley over.

Hodges turned it on first touch of the ball, drifting across field and pushing off three defenders to put Kahu in clear space for 14-0 before halftime.

BRISBANE BRONCOS 26 (J Reed 2, J Hoffman, J Kahu, C Parker tries; Parker 2 goals, C Norman goal) defeated NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS 4 (K Faifailoa try) at Traegar Park, Alice Springs.
Referees: Jared Maxwell and Matt Ceccin.
Crowd: 5500

elyod138

elyod138

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Apparently Winterstein broke his jaw, we have no luck.

Our backline will be terrible for the first chunk of the season, you should win easily in round 1.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
FOOTY FOOTY FOOTY FOOTY FOOTY FOOTY FOOTY!!!!!!!!!!

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Had a mate at the game....

said the following:
Just got back from the Broncos trial match. Cows were absolute rubbish and the game and atmosphere was fairly ordinary.

Parker got MotM and Hoffman was dangerous at the back. Reed did very well also so I suspect he'll be starting come round 1.
Baptitse started at hooker and he looked good. Hodges played at most a quarter of the match, he made a line break and a few trademark runs from dummy half, he did take a while to get up from a few tackles though.

It was hard to say who went well for the Cowboys, number 22 went well, I wonder who it was? Winterstein got injured, looked pretty bad, looking forward to the match report to see the extent of his injury.

I heard 4500 people, but I'm not 100% certain. The weather wasn't great for like 15 minutes before half time it rained quite hard. It was enjoyable, but not amazing but what do you expect from a trial in an outback town.

Overall Suncorp Stadium > Traeger Park lol

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
For those wondering 22 was NYC centre Moses Pangai, big unit to stop who made a line break and set up Kalifa Fai Fai Loa's try - the Cow's only points for tonight.

Honestly, I'm still surprised that Baptiste hasn't debuted in first grade yet, out of all the guys Henjak rushed into first grade, Baptiste has been more deserving than the majority.

Cheers for that mrslong. icon_thumbs_u

C

chipsman

Mar 9, 2010
Flying up from Sydney that morning to attend my first ever Broncos home game. Should be crazy!

Anyone know of any place close to Milton to stay that is reasonable and not pricey?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
chipsman said:
Flying up from Sydney that morning to attend my first ever Broncos home game. Should be crazy!

Anyone know of any place close to Milton to stay that is reasonable and not pricey?

Yeh, although Milton isn't really the best place to stay when you are attending a game at Alice Springs...... that has already been played [icon_wink

C

chipsman

Mar 9, 2010
Jeba said:
chipsman said:

Yeh, although Milton isn't really the best place to stay when you are attending a game at Alice Springs...... that has already been played [icon_wink

[icon_lol1.

Here i am thinking this is the pre match thread for Round 1.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
  • PeterBarne
  • Swordfish
  • kman
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • TimWhatley
  • Justwin
  • Rough and Ready
  • Wolfie
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.