Broncos v Souths *spoilers*

H

hewmungus

Jul 21, 2009
Hi guys first post longtime Broncos fan didn't realise there was such a great forum online to discuss the Broncos top stuff!

Michaels has been struggling big time and i think we are all focusing on his defence but he has not connected with Winterstein in attack very well this year either, with several attacking plays breaking down with his lack of ability to select the right option at speed. His defence is miserable and not improving.

The hook needs to be out, and guys who thinks the young fella Copley(i think thats his name) should get another showing in the top grade, i thought he threw himself into that game against Cronulla, and sure he might make a few mistakes but at least he is in his youth and hopefully will learn from it! For a 17 year old i thought he had a red hot go last start, give him another go Ivan!

Cheers
hewmungus icon_thumbs_u

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Dave said:
1) Were are we headed with our recruitment - I love Israel but we paid overs for him. We effectively weakened 4 positions to get him (hooker, left centre/wing, workhorse backrower and creative utility forward) and it has backfired massively
Looks like it was actually Karmichael Hunt and not Israel Folau that caused us to have to release some of our other players:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

"Brisbane Broncos say their doomed bid to re-sign Karmichael Hunt cost the club the signatures of one or two other star players."

"Brisbane's decision to release the likes of Bulldogs stars Ben Hannant, Michael Ennis and David Stagg - all in red-hot form - has raised eyebrows.

"I would have liked to kept a few of those blokes but we had to re-sign Karmichael this year and we thought that was going to happen," Henjak said.

"When you make those decisions, you don't know what's going to happen six-seven months down the track.

"We put some money aside and that cost us one or two of those players as well. "Karmichael hasn't worked out. Some of those other decisions were out of our hands too.""

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Hmmm, ok, even if that were true, how do you explain losing Kemp, Ennis, Hannant, Boyd and Eastwood as well while only gaining Te'o, Gorrell (LOLZ) and Setu?

ok Coxy, I've read in the Couriermail today 'APPARANTLY' this was to 'try' and sign Khunt this year, which was gone under. Now they are lost. What the hell? Relying on Khunt to sign was a dangerous decision!

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Yet another great piece of organisation from Bruno. This bloke couldn't run a piss up at the brewerie.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Anonymous person said:
Dave said:
1) Were are we headed with our recruitment - I love Israel but we paid overs for him. We effectively weakened 4 positions to get him (hooker, left centre/wing, workhorse backrower and creative utility forward) and it has backfired massively
Looks like it was actually Karmichael Hunt and not Israel Folau that caused us to have to release some of our other players:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

"Brisbane Broncos say their doomed bid to re-sign Karmichael Hunt cost the club the signatures of one or two other star players."

"Brisbane's decision to release the likes of Bulldogs stars Ben Hannant, Michael Ennis and David Stagg - all in red-hot form - has raised eyebrows.

"I would have liked to kept a few of those blokes but we had to re-sign Karmichael this year and we thought that was going to happen," Henjak said.

"When you make those decisions, you don't know what's going to happen six-seven months down the track.

"We put some money aside and that cost us one or two of those players as well. "Karmichael hasn't worked out. Some of those other decisions were out of our hands too.""

So IH had a fair bit of input into who left and who were priorities.

A first grade coach should be aware you don't win games with wingers and fullbacks.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ezpz
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Browny
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • lynx000
  • Galah
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Johnny92
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.