Broncos Vs. Dragons *SPOILER*

Forgot to say; was I the only one furious with how much the Dragons got away with in the tackle? Prior, Creagh, Poore were laying on guys for hours but particularly Beau Scott that douchebag should have given away 10 penalties on Saturday night as it was he conceded only one and it came very late in the game.

I didn't notice anything to complain about, apart from the advantage rule, I clearly don't understand that, because at times we were going back 10 and the ref would play advantage, but, whatever.

I thought the refs had a bloody good game.

I'm not a fan of the McIntyre system - I don't think the AFL system is perfect but I think it needs to be used over the McIntyre system if we are not going to implement a new one.

No system is perfect but these are some points I would definitely include:

1) Minor premiers deserve more - I hate it how there is no difference between 1st and 2nd under most systems... I think they deserve the easiest path to get to the GF - perhaps something like home games all the way up to the GF. (Logistics)

2) 4-8 don't deserve home finals in week 2 - none of that garbage. (SFS or ANZ like before)

I understand the minor premiers winning the comp system like soccer but I'm not a fan of it - I like the play offs system. Hence I think think the minor premiers deserve the easiest way possible to get to the GF.

lockyer47 said:
2) 4-8 don't deserve home finals in week 2 - none of that garbage. (SFS or ANZ like before)

so do you think it is a good idea to play 2 non-Sydney teams in Sydney in front of a crowd of less than 10,000 people? because you are unlikely to get much more than that.

bugger it

top5 1 goes thru

top 4 fight it out in a 4way match with 4 sets of post with 2 balls.

Nashy said:
I didn't notice anything to complain about, apart from the advantage rule, I clearly don't understand that, because at times we were going back 10 and the ref would play advantage, but, whatever.

I thought the refs had a bloody good game.

Yeah that happened a couple of times, by tackle 2 we were where the scrum should have formed, hence why KHunt booted the ball out after the first couple of times.

broncospwn said:
LOL..... You have to be kidding.
If you really think that's a good idea I'm glad you're not the CEO of the NRL.

I actually agree with him that it's a good idea if you want to reward the best team all season. It's a terrible idea in terms of a spectacle though. In most seasons you'd expect the minor premiership to be sewn up with 2-3 weeks left. Would make a pretty boring end to the season

Foordy said:
lockyer47 said:

so do you think it is a good idea to play 2 non-Sydney teams in Sydney in front of a crowd of less than 10,000 people? because you are unlikely to get much more than that.

As garbage as that is - I think its fairer. As Coxy said before, it all started because there was going to be that Broncs/Cows match at the SFS or something. Anyway the bottom line is 3/4 get shit all under our system IMO. Week 1 is just garbage.

What I'm saying is - IF we are going to keep the system... then go back to the 'old' system... and suck it up UNLESS BOTH teams want to move it. (ALA Broncs/Cows 04).

Simple as THAT.

BTW personal opinion - this is why I don't think we should go for a top 8... I don't think there is a 'perfect' system but the top 5 or top 6 systems seem much more 'fairer' to me... however... $$$ ... right?

(Oh and for the argument that top 5/6 is not good because teams get weeks off and it disadvantages them... I've NEVER agreed with that. You play one less elimination game... it is as simple as that. If the team can't get up for finals football then they didnt come to play on the day... simple as that... )

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Aldo
  • TimWhatley
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Wolfie
  • thenry
  • broncotville
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Skathen
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.