Broncos Vs. Storm *SPOILER*

I remember the defining moment of my hatred for the Storm. Either 2005 or 2006 the other team was taking a shot at goal. I'm not sure how significant the kick was, I can't remember. Anyway about a third of the team was standing next to the posts waving their arms around and shit trying to distract the kicker. I've never seen another team do something so blatantly unsportsmanlike. I thought that was BS. I had disliked them before that but that was the moment.

last|soldier said:
I remember the defining moment of my hatred for the Storm. Either 2005 or 2006 the other team was taking a shot at goal. I'm not sure how significant the kick was, I can't remember. Anyway about a third of the team was standing next to the posts waving their arms around and shit trying to distract the kicker. I've never seen another team do something so blatantly unsportsmanlike. I thought that was BS. I had disliked them before that but that was the moment.

Was that the game where they were shaking the posts aswell? Or was that another team?

Hammo said:
You may be right Scotty, Storm may be hated because of their grubby tactics. However, I find it curious that it coincides with their successful patch.

I find it curious that their successful patch coincides with their grubby tactics... Wait, no I don't.

Coxy said:
Seriously I don't get why Storm fans and apologists are worried if people hate them. That's a compliment!

I loved that the Broncos were hated, especially in the 1990s, it was because teams got sick of us beating them!

Yeh, we were favourites EVERY game, week in , week out.
No tipper would bet against us.

Sadly, this isn't the case anymore.

Hammo said:
The Rock said:
I just asked 8 people at work who they think the grubbiest team in comp are, and none even mentioned Brisbane. What are you talking about? Most people think Melbourne, Sharks and Roosters are the grubbiest teams in the comp, not Brisbane.

Of course Melbourne are hated because of their success but they are hated for other reasons too.

Of course, NOW, Brisbane isn't so hated....find it ironic Brisbane was so hated in the 90's? 5 Premierships.

Now, Storm are most hated. 3 Minor Premierships and 1 Premiership and potential for another.

LOL @ Scotty;

Scotty said:
The argument "You only hate them because they're successful" is getting very old. I doubt it applies to many league fans at all actually.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Calling Storm cheats is 3 years old. (and I have been on this forum longer than that and never heard boo until late 2006. Even then, it wasn't to late 2007 and into 2008 that the crazy hatred we see now developed)

- Bulldogs were hated ("oh, they is rapists, they break Salary Caps, that's why we hate them") at the peak of their 2000's success. Since 2005, the haters seem to have fled dramatically.
- Brisbane were hated prior to them (all through the 90's)
- Canberra were hated in the late 80's/early 90's (apparently, only because they didn't come from Sydney)

You may be right Scotty, Storm may be hated because of their grubby tactics. However, I find it curious that it coincides with their successful patch.

In Scotty's defence, I know for a fact that for a long time now he has not been impressed with the Storm and their dirty tactics.

The difference is, the small minority that seemed to have a problem with it wern't heard, then teams started losing, and started to hate them, because the other guy hates them.

Myself and Scott are examples of people who have hated Melbourne for a very long time.

lol what a blinder. bit embarrised actually haha, oh well, last time i come on the forums when pissed. :P

Still shattered, but i feel hell more happier to learn Smith didn't dodge the grapple tackle bullet! suckah!

i think it was a bit of kama that bit the broncs on the bum last saturday too, hearing all soughts of things

second hand lately... wth is going on with the broncs.

Nashy said:
Hammo said:
The Rock said:
I just asked 8 people at work who they think the grubbiest team in comp are, and none even mentioned Brisbane. What are you talking about? Most people think Melbourne, Sharks and Roosters are the grubbiest teams in the comp, not Brisbane.

Of course Melbourne are hated because of their success but they are hated for other reasons too.

Of course, NOW, Brisbane isn't so hated....find it ironic Brisbane was so hated in the 90's? 5 Premierships.

Now, Storm are most hated. 3 Minor Premierships and 1 Premiership and potential for another.

LOL @ Scotty;

Scotty said:
The argument "You only hate them because they're successful" is getting very old. I doubt it applies to many league fans at all actually.

Pot. Kettle. Black. Calling Storm cheats is 3 years old. (and I have been on this forum longer than that and never heard boo until late 2006. Even then, it wasn't to late 2007 and into 2008 that the crazy hatred we see now developed)

- Bulldogs were hated ("oh, they is rapists, they break Salary Caps, that's why we hate them") at the peak of their 2000's success. Since 2005, the haters seem to have fled dramatically.
- Brisbane were hated prior to them (all through the 90's)
- Canberra were hated in the late 80's/early 90's (apparently, only because they didn't come from Sydney)

In Scotty's defence, I know for a fact that for a long time now he has not been impressed with the Storm and their dirty tactics.

The difference is, the small minority that seemed to have a problem with it wern't heard, then teams started losing, and started to hate them, because the other guy hates them.

Myself and Scott are examples of people who have hated Melbourne for a very long time.

Thanks bails.

It seems so damn easy for the Storm sympathisers to say "You only hate them because they're successful" as it gives them a shield to defend Melbourne for being dirty bastards.

And in my case, if I only hate them because they're successful then riddle me this you WWE enthusiast mofo's, Why the **** did I like the Cowboys (and still do) while they were in excellent form a couple of years ago????
I didn't hate them for being successful at all, and they beat the Broncs a few times.
... Oh that's right, I didn't hate them because they played GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL. And I like the cowboys for the same reasons I WOULD like the Storm if they weren't dirty pricks, and thats the Queenslanders that play for them.

the pain of the loss has started to ease, so i read this thread and refreshed the pain back to it's raw state

lest we forget

I have this on tape. You can burn it if you ever feel the need to hurt yourself.

Fcuk me dead this game happened what 2 months ago, look to next year people

this game still hurts man. cant wait for rnd 2

We lost this!?!?

I turned the TV off with about 3 minutes to go thinking we had already won.

I haven't posted in this thread (being without internet at the time) the one thing that stands out and its one of the biggest things i hated about WB. Regardless of how bad Clinton started you cannot afford to have a fit front row forward play 10-15 minutes in a game of that intensity. We had our backs against the wall and were getting more and more tired and we have a fresh prop twiddling his thumbs on the bench. Sims' knock on can be indirectly linked to the fact he was exhausted because we were one forward shorter in the rotation. Bennett does this all the time and infuriates me no end.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I haven't posted in this thread (being without internet at the time) the one thing that stands out and its one of the biggest things i hated about WB. Regardless of how bad Clinton started you cannot afford to have a fit front row forward play 10-15 minutes in a game of that intensity. We had our backs against the wall and were getting more and more tired and we have a fresh prop twiddling his thumbs on the bench. Sims' knock on can be indirectly linked to the fact he was exhausted because we were one forward shorter in the rotation. Bennett does this all the time and infuriates me no end.

Sims' exhaustion had nothing to do with his knock on, and if Clinton came back on and dropped it a few more times and in turn storm scored a few more tries, won by a bigger margin, everyone would say WB's use of the bench was dumb and Clinton cost us the game, he should have never come on..

Beads6 said:
My bridge is built Bring on 2009!!
You think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRDBTdY911Q

38 secs - Stagg goes left instead of right from marker.

43 secs. Hodges and Kemp both rush up then plant their heels. Difficult situation but not a great read.

16 (Jeremy Smith - not exactly a known ball player) gets an easy read on what could have been a difficult situation to stuff up. Hodges trips over (probably had no chance of even getting an arm on Inglis but still).

BTW a better view from the south end (ha - sounds like commentary on 9/11 attacks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93H_lSfX ... re=related

Actually 2:13 in the second video Stagg and Eastwood go left and should have gone right and Sims phones it in and stands behind the markers

I randomly thought about this game the other day.

The experience was almost as bad as the 2015 GF. 🙁

Active Now

• Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Brotherdu
  • Fatboy
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Hoof Hearted
  • I bleed Maroon
  • HarryAllan7
  • bert_lifts
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • porouian
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • winslow_wong
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.