Broncos Vs. Titans - Build Up Thread

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
If we can keep the same attitude in defense as we did yesterday then i reckon we'll win this one.

B

Boofhead

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
draggx said:
Boofhead said:
Danger game for the donkeys with origin around the corner. Plenty of great match ups, looking forward to the game!

Expect the same Titans line up.

1. Preston Campbell
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Clinton Toopi
4. Joseph Tomane
5. David Mead
6. Greg Bird
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Brad Meyers
15. Sam Tagataese
16. Matthew White
17. William Zillman

Hopefully that same Chargers team can let in 36 again.

Thats pretty funny, coming from the team that has let in 30+ points four times already this season. Not to mention 48 at Lang Park.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Boofhead said:
Danger game for the donkeys with origin around the corner.

ROFL! Have you been watching any footy this season? At this point the Broncos aren't in contention for anything. Tits on the other hand are sitting pretty in the top 4...this is a danger game for them! They are raging hot favourites and to be undone by the Broncos kids would put a real dent in the Titans' premiership credentials.

I'd go as far as to say if the Titans don't win and win well this Friday night they are NOT premiership contenders.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
haha you bite so well, None the less if both teams play similar to their last games Titans are in for a flogging.

B

Boofhead

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
Coxy said:
Boofhead said:

ROFL! Have you been watching any footy this season? At this point the Broncos aren't in contention for anything. Tits on the other hand are sitting pretty in the top 4...this is a danger game for them! They are raging hot favourites and to be undone by the Broncos kids would put a real dent in the Titans' premiership credentials.

I'd go as far as to say if the Titans don't win and win well this Friday night they are NOT premiership contenders.

That is where you are incorrect... your definatley in contention for the spoon (edit: well... runner up spoon)!

We can safely say that this local darby brings out the best in both teams and unforchanately for you lot... you have shown very little this year.

B

Boofhead

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
draggx said:
haha you bite so well, None the less if both teams play similar to their last games Titans are in for a flogging.

Hey, I'm the one looking for bites!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Boofhead said:
Coxy said:
Boofhead said:

That is where you are incorrect... your definatley in contention for the spoon!

We can safely say that this local darby brings out the best in both teams and unforchanately for you lot... you have shown very little this year.

Can't say the Tits have shown much other than the ability to bore their opposition to death.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Still sitting second on the ladder though. I certainly can't complain.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Boofhead said:
1. Preston Campbell
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Clinton Toopi
4. Joseph Tomane
5. David Mead
6. Greg Bird
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Brad Meyers
15. Sam Tagataese
16. Matthew White
17. William Zillman

I still LOLZ @ the Titans picking the woman glassing **** knuckle dipshit at five-eighth. He's got all the attacking prowess of a stoned rabbit with one paw. Meanwhile you leave your best five-eighth at fullback, and your best fullback on the bench.

Sensational stuff!

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
But Bird is the new Wally Lewis?!????!!!

B

Boofhead

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
Coxy said:
I still LOLZ @ the Titans picking the woman glassing **** knuckle dipshit at five-eighth. He's got all the attacking prowess of a stoned rabbit with one paw. Meanwhile you leave your best five-eighth at fullback, and your best fullback on the bench.

Sensational stuff!

Have you watched any football at all? Bird has been a standout for the Titans in recent weeks - besides, we are playing him at lock on a rotation so we can can bring in Zillman as impact. It's great having options like that, it's generally what wins games.

What are you to say anyway? You have a defensive liability nancy getting in the way sitting in your six. (Ala http://www.broncoshq.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5155)

B

Boofhead

BRL Player
Mar 6, 2008
Foordy said:
the Broncos website "injury report" has Wallace, Winterstein and Gillett due back next week but say Macca isn't due back until round 12, so with that in mind and assuming Hoffman is right to play next week i would go with this team;

01. Hoffman
02. Winterstein
03. Gillett
04. Folau
05. Yow Yeh
06. Lockyer
07. Wallace
08. Kenny
09. Hunt
10. Anderson
11. Te'o
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Norman
15. Glenn
16. Tronc
17. Dodds

Needs more Michaels.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Ha! Michaels even managed to carve your mob up in 2008 ;-)

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Broncos big smokies for this game.

We actually are looking at having a killer side (with this year's suprise packets Gillett and Norman was better again against the Storm).

Kenny
McCullough
Tronc
Thaiday
Parker
Gillett

Bench:
Te'o
Glenn/Norman
Dodds
Setu

Man that's not a bad forward pack

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
For mine Teo is a started for sure (running over the top of liitle Preston off a lockyer short ball). Is Folau against Tomaine because i hope so. There will be a hundred points scored down that side if he is. I think Glen will be at centre again, he was awsome in defence against the Storm. I got to give a big rap to Setu he played awsome aswell. Which means if Kenny, Wallace, Gillet and Hoff are fit i think we will see

1. Hoffman
2. Kemp if he is fit (unluckyCopley)
3. Glen
4. Folau
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer AKA the king of Suncorp and sinking the Titans
7. Wallace/Norman if wallace is out
8. Anderson
9. Hunt
10. Thaiday - Prop to start then drops back to second row
11. Teo
12. Gillet
13. Parker

14. Tronc
15. Setu
16. Kenny
17. Dodds

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Preston's in some good form. We'll have to keep an eye on him if he starts at/moves to fullback. He's got bloody quick feet on him.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
ningnangnong said:
Preston's in some good form. We'll have to keep an eye on him if he starts at/moves to fullback. He's got bloody quick feet on him.

Preston let me introduce you to Te'o..... OH and Thaiday....

icon_thumbs_u yeah not so fast now are ya?!

P

Prince Langer

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2008
Hoffman / Norman - I hear Broken ribs for Hoffman.
Kemp
Glenn
Folau
Yow Yeh
Lockyer
Wallace
Dodds
Hunt
Thaiday
Teo
Gillett
Parker

Tronc
Anderson
Beale
Kenny / Lui

First of all - What was the point of playing Spence ahead of Lui. This was silly IMO.
Second - Copley made some really bad defensive reads. Needs a little bit of time in QLD Cup.
Thirdly - Norman was fantastic @ halfback. IMO he just jumped ahead of Hunt who done very well @ Hooker.
Fourthly - Beale is a gun @ dummy half interchange. He needs to be our utility until we no longer need Glenn in our starting side.
Fifthly - Setu has to be the dumbest player i have ever seen. In an incident where the Storm were pressing our tryline, he got up from the tackle and made his way back to the defensive line. He then proceeded to stand exactly where someone else was!!!!! WTF. Ok if this was a brain fart then fair enough but this holds no excuses for me.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • Scorchie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.