BroncosHQ Podcast

Lock you in to do the Storm games though right?
evil smile GIF

yes.

Excellent points. We have started some basic convo in our private forums, but at the moment, getting some ideas in here, and getting an expression of interest here is most important.

I don't think a podcast just for the audience of BHQ Members is worth anyone's time. We're not big enough for the time involved in running a show.

Below is what I said in our forum straight up;

There is a big gap in podcasts for the Broncos, so I do think people would listen if we had decent content and some planning involved in the episodes. The reason we haven't got one is that I've never been able to get someone to commit to a weekly schedule, and it's not something I can do myself either.

We've asked the question in a number of the surveys. Like, if you want to do this, it's approved, lets do it.

A few things I would need if we were to carry this through;

- Service must be able to embed onto BroncosHQ
- Service must have an advertising platform

3. Topics - this ties in with 2, but what is the purpose of the show? Is it general chatter? Is it a review show of the previous weeks games? Is it largely a Q&A podcast wherein you'll be getting in people connected to the broncos (or other clubs)?

This is why I'm debating whether or not we should just stick with one episode, or do two a week.

One episode can be preview/review of games. The other episode can be just general discussion such as team discussion, player focus, Q & A's. We're still working it all out but the good thing is we have time. I'm happy to hear any ideas regarding content.

Recording wise, we could smash that out in one recording session and the focus is going to be making sure the audio is going to be good quality.

Also happy to hear ideas on the name of the podcast.

Everyone submit your voices so we can choose THE VOICE OF BHQ.
Unfortunately I'm quite well spoken, don't um and ahh and can string together long elegant sentences and doubtless would win quite comfortably. No, terrible idea. I'm sort of a mixture, James Earl Jones, Richard Burton, Morgan Freeman hybrid type. Seriously. Not.

Hell no! Wouldn't it be a hoot though, total randoms doing their best radio host voices.

The Masked Poster - there's a series of podcasts right there.

Posters would take the mask off and none of us would recognise anyone anyway, it'd be hilarious.

Isn't a forum sort of like a text based version of a podcast anyway? A textcast?
Unless you could get special guests, wouldn't it be like a two or whatever people talking about the same stuff as people are posting?

Isn't a forum sort of like a text based version of a podcast anyway? A textcast?
Unless you could get special guests, wouldn't it be like a two or whatever people talking about the same stuff as people are posting?
Isn't that just about every podcast ever though?
They just focus on a popular topic and talk about it besides a few niche ones that genuinely bring new discussion.

Depends on the content really,i wouldnt mind listening to a breakdown of each game coming up on a Wednesday and a post mortem on a monday of each game with out the fox/nine bs.

I guess it comes down to if it were just bronco focused or nrl in general.

In terms of Broncos podcasts there's only the guys from Broncos weekly but have been inconsistent due to one of the guys also does the 'NRL Boom Rookies' podcast every week and also broncos being shit last few seasons meant not much to say on the podcast but would be great if another one starts up.

Do we get swivel chairs? I mean, it's audio only, but if we use old rusted swivel chairs you can hear when someone turns around.
The Skeptics Guide to the Universe podcast is pretty good with three four and sometimes five people spread across america and it's both audio and visual depending on subscription status( I think) I reckon some cameras would make the whole thing more enjoyable. Sooner or later the real entertainers in bhq would emerge.

Broncos Weekly already has a podcast that covers most things, unfortunately they've fallen off and don't record often anymore. This new podcast only works if someone in the know is involved, otherwise you'll just be expressing info we all already receive on here. I'd say joining with Broncos Weekly, allowing them to do the news and BHQ can do the game reviews/team list tuesdays or something could work. I think it would be worth it to reach out to Badel/Chris Garry/Steve Renouf or anyone that likes to get their voice out there regarding the Broncos. Maybe even Ben Ikin?

Broncos Whenever sucks.

The other guy they had on in the last few episodes was good though (Benny DTD or whatever his handle is)

They have large gaps in their knowledge/coverage and barely put out half a season’s worth of episodes.

I can understand with how bad we were going that it would’ve been pointless at times to do a show though

I feel that no matter what sort of show we end up going with can be done better with even only minimal effort

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • Galah
  • Financeguy
  • Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • Nerd
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Rambstien
  • winslow_wong
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.