VOTE BroncosHQ's Best Ever 17 - Prop

What is the greatest prop pairing in Broncos history?

• Andrew Gee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Hannant

• Other

• Total voters
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Nominees
Shane Webcke 1995-2006
Petero Civoniceiva - 1998-2007, 2012
Andrew Gee - 1989-1999, 2002-2003
Glenn Lazarus - 1992-1997
Ben Hannant - 2006-2008, 2011-2014

Vote for two of the aforementioned players.

If you select 'Other' please identify them in this thread.

Last edited:
Toughest poll so far.

Trying to select between Webby, Bulla and Lazo is tough going. On the surface, you'd tend to go with the most appearances, which in this case would be Webcke and Civoniceiva but I'd dare say Lazarus was a huge part in our first two premiership wins. So he would be my first picked.

Leaving it to Shane and Civoniceiva. Lately, I've seen an argument for Civoniceiva being a better prop than Shane which certainly has some merit when you consider Origin, but since this is merely the Broncos I'd have to give the nod to Webcke. Civoniceiva was incredibly consistent but I don't think he was as inspirational as Shane was. There were so many times where the Broncos looked out of it then suddenly Webcke would make a determined hit-up that would lift the crowd and suddenly, Lockyer or Langer has some space to weave their own magic.

Civo on the other hand was largely a quiet achiever. Unless he scored a try, you wouldn't really be able to tell what sort of impact he had until you read the stats or caught a replay. With Webby, you knew what you got from him.

With that Webcke earns a starting spot, but Civoniceiva is going to be the first guy I vote for off the bench.

There were so many times where the Broncos looked out of it then suddenly Webcke would make a determined hit-up that would lift the crowd and suddenly

Or when there was ten seconds to go and whether we were behind or not Webcke would take a hit up and use up whatever he had left in his tank. Usually carrying 2 or 3 players with him. I miss having props like him in Phivonipheva at the Broncos. I also picked Webcke but Petero as well. Petero was a beast who made ridiculous metres week in, week out. His ability to draw in numerous players, turn and make an offload leading to tries on the outside was ridiculous. I actually wanted him to make a comeback last year.

I reckon Civo ended up being a fairly considerably better player than Webcke if you count his entire career. Unfortunately, he wasn't with the Broncos throughout his peak form between 08 - 11.

Luckily we can pick both though. :)

Lazarus was too early for me - of course I understand the impact he had on the club, but my earliest memories of watching the game were just after he left.

Therefore, Webcke and Civo are my votes. We are very privileged to have had both play for us, let alone in the same side for such a long period. Two absolutely remarkable players who would give their all for the club every time they were out on the field.

Two top blokes as well.

I'm gonna go with Civo and Webke as well, although Lazarus will definitely feature in the 17 for mine.

Webcke and Lazarus are the easy pick for me. Both are arguably the greatest front rowers since 1990.

Webcke - A true hard man that would never let you down and would give his all for the team regardless of his fitness. The 2000 finals and the 2004 semi final against NQL are a testament to that.

Lazarus - One of the greatest players to play the game. His personal achievements tell it all. Catalyst for the premiership and his signing started the golden run of the 90's. Best signing we've ever made.

Webcke and Lazarus are the easy pick for me. Both are arguably the greatest front rowers since 1990.

Webcke - A true hard man that would never let you down and would give his all for the team regardless of his fitness. The 2000 finals and the 2004 semi final against NQL are a testament to that.

Lazarus - One of the greatest players to play the game. His personal achievements tell it all. Catalyst for the premiership and his signing started the golden run of the 90's. Best signing we've ever made.

Well said. Webcke showed his true class up until his last run, the way he just kept motoring on was crazy, the way he conducted and handled himself in the 06 GF was a testament to him.

Webcke and Lazarus for me, but Civoniceva certainly wouldn't look out of place as a starting prop in our best ever 17

I went with Civo and Webcke. I can't remember much about Lazarus time with us, and he was such a huge club hopper that you can hardly call him a true Bronco.

Well said. Webcke showed his true class up until his last run, the way he just kept motoring on was crazy, the way he conducted and handled himself in the 06 GF was a testament to him.

Agreed it was a true professional performance by a true great. Even at the last scrum of the game with a minute to go and the game wrapped up Webcke was barking out orders and urging his teammates on which shows exactly the type of player he was.

Petro and Webcke for me. Longevity at such a high level gets them over the line for me.

It might look like a tough thing splitting the big three but for me it was simple enough, Lazarus and Webcke. Civo deserved to be a pick but in rugby league it often is about timing. We would never have won our first two premierships without Lazarus, probably the best prop of the modern era. As for his partner, it could be either Civo or Webby and I would say they are equally deserving. I went with Webby because he won the toss !

I went with Civo and Webcke. I can't remember much about Lazarus time with us, and he was such a huge club hopper that you can hardly call him a true Bronco.

^^THIS

although,

I can remember Lazarus quite well. Whilst he was a great player, I surely never considered him as one of "us".

Active Now

• Viti
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • Brotherdu
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Skathen
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • GCBRONCO
  • cento
... and 39 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.