Bulldogs sack absent star

P

Pumba

BRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Bulldogs sack absent star
By Josh Massoud

BULLDOGS star Reni Maitua has today been sacked from the Belmore club after he failed to attend training on Monday.
After tolerating a string of incidents involving the 25-year-old, frustrated Bulldogs officials decided to terminate the final year of his contract.

Maitua has previously missed twice, and also had his licence suspended for drink driving. After being dropped to reserve grade two weeks into last season for his previous no-show, the former Australian lock was given his last warning.

Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg and new coach Kevin Moore have vowed to return discipline to Belmore after six drama-plagued seasons, a promise they delivered on by sacking the errant Maitua.

“We’ve decided to terminate Reni’s contract for repeated breaches of the club’s code of conduct,’’ Greenberg said. “It’s not the first time something like this has happened and we simply can’t put up with it any more.’’

Link

It's been a long time coming with the dogs. But he's not a bad player. He'd be a good pickup for a team like Souths IMO

He'd be a good pick up for any team. Can play, just needs to get his head right.

Maybe broncos will buy him??

The Broncos won't pick him up. We have enough back rowers. We need a good prop.

He has bucket loads of talent, hope he sorts himself out and stays in the NRL.

Has a bit of talent, but his shit form last season wouldn't see many offers going his way IMO.

the NRL won't allow him to play for another NRL club in 2009

Only Souths would touch him. To be fair, you'd be one crazy selector to want to pick him up. He has talent, no doubt, but can't control himself on the piss.

ESL here we come....no doubt he'll be listed as an "exodus" player..LOLZ

Totally agree with you there Hammo, more trouble then his worth to be frank.

he will join the "exodus".

Well, he deserves to wander to the desert for hundreds of years.

I was quite excited at the prospect of signing him during the season when all the rumours were flying around about him being unhappy at the Bulldogs. There is no doubt that he has talent, and I would have said that the Broncos was a good club to remedy player's drinking habits, but I can't really say that anymore. I definitely don't think we need him now after the signing of Setu and Te'o. The Knights should pick him up, they need some talent in their back row.

True, and the Knights don't seem to have a problem with boys behaving badly.

Exactly! Wes Naiqama anyone?

Not to mention one of their past #7's...I can't think of his name.

And his idiot older brother was no clean skin.

He wouldn't fit in the Broncos, though stranger things have happened. Though I'm not a WB lover by any means, Reni woulda needed WB to fit in here.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • bert_lifts
  • Nerd
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • Dash
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.