Bunnies V Puppies *spoilers*

Playboy Bunny said:
This is Twiztid.

Shaun wait a second here. We have been shit for one simple reason the NRL wanted us to fail. Because we made News Ltd look stupid during the court battle.

Think about it, the Storm and the Titans (more so) have just recently given everything. The Titans got so many hand outs before joining the comp last year that Souths didn't get any sort of hand outs what so ever. So basically News Ltd from the start has wanted nothing more then see Souths wipe themselves out of the comp or merge or relocate (we still hear that crap even to the point of 2 months ago). Where with the Titans have been pushed to be successful to beat the AFL.

Plus we haven't even been back in the comp for a decade. So until the year 2012 so we can see how shit we are, and I hope to god we win a Premiership to shut idiots like you up who follow a cashed up club who has had a great run since birth.

Otherwise stick it up your ass you wanker.

Plus where is the hatred for the Sharks, Newcastle, Dragons, Parra and Cowboys. Fair enough some of these teams have played better then us over the course of our return into the comp but none of them have any trophies to say so. So trash the shit out of them for a change.

Plus what a game against Parra. Oh and did you see the Roosters lose to the Titans. So exciting from a Titans POV.

[icon_lol1.

I've been waiting for someone to say something like that, these guys sit on here constantly bashing Souths... it's pointless

Anyway it was a good game, amazing what a difference a kicking game makes. Souths are now capable of beating most of the sides in this competition because of it.

The Rock said:
Over the last decade? Who?

None over the last decade, but before that the Balmain and North Qld sides of the 90's were ridiculously crap. At least Souths have managed to make a finals appearance.

Playboy Bunny said:
This is Twiztid.

Shaun wait a second here. We have been shit for one simple reason the NRL wanted us to fail. Because we made News Ltd look stupid during the court battle.

Think about it, the Storm and the Titans (more so) have just recently given everything. The Titans got so many hand outs before joining the comp last year that Souths didn't get any sort of hand outs what so ever. So basically News Ltd from the start has wanted nothing more then see Souths wipe themselves out of the comp or merge or relocate (we still hear that crap even to the point of 2 months ago). Where with the Titans have been pushed to be successful to beat the AFL.

Plus we haven't even been back in the comp for a decade. So until the year 2012 so we can see how shit we are, and I hope to god we win a Premiership to shut idiots like you up who follow a cashed up club who has had a great run since birth.

Otherwise stick it up your ass you wanker.

Plus where is the hatred for the Sharks, Newcastle, Dragons, Parra and Cowboys. Fair enough some of these teams have played better then us over the course of our return into the comp but none of them have any trophies to say so. So trash the shit out of them for a change.

Plus what a game against Parra. Oh and did you see the Roosters lose to the Titans. So exciting from a Titans POV.

[icon_lol1. CHOMP!!!

BTW, Souths don't deserve handouts because they've had 100 years to learn how to run a football club. Titans and Melbourne, pioneering clubs in new frontiers with no existing infrastructure, they needed some assistance to get going.

Souths, in the so called heartland of rugby league, with all that history...well, too bad so sad.

It's ok, they'll die or be forced to move the second Russell Crowe loses interest.

100 years to learn to run a football club? Well before the comp became professional we won our 20 premierships so I guess we did know how to run a club, the days when chook raffles and choc wheels were the way. As soon as it went professional and we refused to adapt, that let us down and we are still paying for it now. Thank you Piggins and your stoogee's for that.

Infrastructure? Until Russell and Peter got involved in the club we had an old home ground (Redfern Oval) unchanged since it was last used as an NSWRL game back in the late 80's (it was a step back in time when you went in there) and not at a safe level for a first grade team to even train at and a training park that had more holes on the field then divots at ANZ.

Without the money to fix it or any pressure put on the council, we were just as bad if not worse off then those teams that needed assistance. As soon as the Rorters changed their name to Sydney the NRL and News LTD more so has had nothing more then trying everything to get rid of us or move us within the rules.

Probably don't get it as bad up there but ever week there is a story about Souths. As soon as Gallop said that some NSW teams won't survive and PHAC said he can't assure fans we would. The media did not stop at attacking us yet there were 5 other teams mentioned and then getting Piggins (who said he would never speak of Souths again) on the paper saying go to Gosford and I'll buy the club back and move them up there etc.

Plus I hardly doubt Russell Crowe will lose interest, he will be involved as he always was. However it gets more positive media coverage this way.

Oh and Shaun the "Us vs them" is not the team vs team, it is souths supports vs idiot supports like you, the ones who talk so much shit all the time and never had any bad times with their team.

Your club runs at over $17 Million as of 3 years ago told to us by Richo (at a staff meeting) and most NSW teams were running at $10 - 12 Million and Souths were running at $9 Million. This is before Russell and Peter got involved. Plus out of all the clubs Broncos are the only ones to actually break even or make a profit. Plus plenty of the NSW teams had leagues clubs that could chip in millions of dollars to recoup the loss.

Well there you go you just heard it again.

So the Souths of the last two years is slowly paying off on the field what has been changed off the field. It takes time as said the infrastructure and now people are in place to get successful.

Twiztid said:
Oh and Shaun the "Us vs them" is not the team vs team, it is souths supports vs idiot supports like you, the ones who talk so much shit all the time and never had any bad times with their team.

We've had bad times ... we finished 8th one year I think [icon_razz1

I (for once) am not going to say anything derogatory towards Souths.

My question is for Scott and Bree (and any other Souths fan who wants to pitch in);

Can you please tell me the reason why a move to either the Central Coast or somewhere else in Australia, is met with such hostility at Redfern?

As a NRL fan who wants Sydney teams reduced, Souths is a natural target. However my reasons, looking from the outside are;

Pro's;

A huge cash injection
New facilities
A new and refreshed wave of supporters
The feeling of "something special" beginning in the new venture
The guarantee that the new club will be around for 30+ years, no more threats of survival, like many other Sydney teams have looming over their heads.

Con's;

The diehards may decide to terminate team support

Other than that one negative, I can't see anything else, albeit, I'm not a club fan.

Please no smartarse commenst from Rock, and the rest of us....serious replys only.

Central Coast Bunnies...at least the name would look good on the wooden spoon :P

(can we get three chomps?)

Coxy said:
Central Coast Bunnies...at least the name would look good on the wooden spoon :P

(can we get three chomps?)

I prefer the Central Coast Cowboys, or the Gold Coast Cowgirls

The Rock said:
Twiztid said:
Nah. Waste of my time.

Instead of calling us (or me) "wanker" supporters and saying that we have no idea, how about answering the question. I don't mind you calling me names when I bag Souths because I'm just being a tool, but when I (or someone else) poses a serious questions to Souths fans, then at least have the guts to answer it Scotty!!!

we have answered the ques so many times. do we need to go through it again?? seriously??

Because why should we? It is the fact that it is South’s, who are attacked with the Central Coast tag. We fought to get back into the comp as the South Sydney Rabbitohs and have been doing anything in the power to be successful in the South Sydney area.
Pros;
A huge cash injection
New facilities
A new and refreshed wave of supporters
The feeling of "something special" beginning in the new venture
The guarantee that the new club will be around for 30+ years, no more threats of survival, like many other Sydney teams have looming over their heads.

Cons;
The diehards may decide to terminate team support
Lets answer pro's first.
Firstly the huge cash injection is what? 8 million. That would last maybe 2 years because there is no money in CC. I know the population is rising but is it and are there big enough sponsors and fans to support an NRL team that has been relocated and not a new franchise with NRL support.

New facilities?. Well that is questionable, because I am not a fan of CC stadium at all and never liked travelling there to watch or work there. The stadium is not that great and the atmosphere compared to ANZ is all it has going. Yet when we win, ANZ is fine for atmosphere. Yet ANZ is paying us $100k no matter the crowd to pay there and that is a sponsorship in itself.

Fan's?
I don't think moving is really going to change the fan base because our fan base are spread across all of Australia. Ever game there (CC) was a mixture of fans who just wanted to see live Rugby League and it has never been a home ground feel. Yet the diehards like people in the Burrow, Bree and her family and now I (I’ll give a personal opinion at the bottom) will always be supporting but to head to CC ever week just seems shit. Some people who live in the South Sydney or Eastern Suburbs area whinge about going to ANZ. How do you think they will travel to CC.

“Something special of a "New" ventureâ€Â.
The privatisation is a new venture IMO and so far in 2 years we have broken so many dated records and moving forward to a successful football team. That moving could possibly backfire to what has been achieved in South Sydney on and off the field.

How is it a guarantee of survival?
If we lose again, other than the faithful who are going to travel and so many will turn away and say to hell with it. We have a great deal at ANZ which guarantee's our survival better then CC ever does. $100k or whatever it is a game is (as said before) like another sponsorship a year and lots of clubs are looking it to make easy cash.

Cons

What about player retention?
Will players come to South Sydney at Gosford, let alone in South Sydney if we don’t win? Most of the players live on beach side areas from Bondi, Coogee even down to Cronulla. What about the ones like Ben Rogers who lived at Penrith and would not move closer who was asked over 30 times to move closer to training. Would he travel to CC if he was still with us?

Obviously the fans would turn and the faithful would most probably lose interest.
The history of the club would be sold away worse than the privatisation ever could.

Now to my personal opinion.

When South’s got kicked out of the comp I didn’t care and had the same attitude as some of you do “Ha-ha suck shitâ€Â. I saw the tears in my dad’s eyes and couldn’t care less. I didn’t know what the club meant to people.

I met Bree who is a bigger supporter (in the fact she goes to every game she can) then my dad and said to her “Why do you go to the football? It is boring, expensive and well South’s sucksâ€Â. Her response was simple “When was the last time you went to a game and experienced it?†I couldn’t remember and it was most probably a Western Suburbs Magpies game at Campbelltown Stadium when I was playing mini and mod league.

She said “Well come along and seeâ€Â. Hell if I didn’t like it I could simply go for a team who was at the top of the ladder, Roosters, Broncos etc.

My first day walking in South’s Leagues was a bit nerve racking and I was a little worried at how ferrel the fans were (they seem to show the worst on tv). Everything was good, got the bus from the leagues club across to SFS. Got in and walked to our seats.

Watched the Flegg, Reggies and then first grade was about to start. There was a feeling in the air and I think it was a game against the Roosters or maybe St George, it was a team with a hatred and you could feel the vibe from the other fans.

MC got the crowd going and as soon as Glory Glory started a mighty cheer yelled out from everyone and the goosebumps stayed with me for most of the first half and well asking “who is that player?â€Â, “who just has the ball then?†made me feel stupid I slowly got more and more into the game. Till I was yelling and screaming with the rest of the faithful and I was hooked.

I honestly don’t know if we won or lost but whatever happened I felt what everyone else felt with this club. It is more than the 20 Premierships and 100 years and moving it is just not the answer. We are South Sydney. That is how heartland, our community, our juniors, our footprint and it should stand that way because no pro’s do not out way the con’s.

They might do on paper, yet as we know that is not how it happens.

Plus we have just had a redevelopment of Redfern Oval which should be finished later this year and then Leagues club renovation will be finished sometime next year so basically the facilities will be brand new and give the feeling of starting a fresh without moving anywhere.

I don’t know if that answered your question or not. However CC needs a new team to drive interest to take on the Soccer Mariners not a relocated team.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes or if parts didn’t make sense as I was writing it down as it came into my head.

South Sydney fans are like AFL fans our passion is like QLDers all year round but for a club level eam and we want nothing more for our area and everything the team stands for to come out of the dark ages and rise again and bring back the “Glory Days†that has been long forgotten.

Edit: I cleaned it up a bit to make more sense

Holy crap Twiztid that's a great effort mate, you've done well [eusa_clap.gi

After that you should never have to reply to suggestions like this again 'cos you've got it all covered [icon_lol1.

Thanks Jeb.

Let me add though. Being a supporter of this great club is hard. I worked for the club too till 2 months ago for over 3 years and I saw so many changes behind the scene that no body see's. I saw first hand how hard it was before Russell and Peter took over for the admin, football staff and let alone the players. If i was a first grade player, I would probably not wanted to play here then unless their were big $$$ signs.

See the Bronco's are the standard every NRL team needs to be like. Professional from top to bottom, on and off the field. We only started to realise that, when the "Yes" vote to go with Russell and Peter came into question. It was the answer to catch up and in the 2 years since then we are no longer sitting on the bottom of the ladder and showing improvements that have never been seen for so many of us on here.

Who knows what the rest of the year will hold and then next year? What will be though is the South Sydney Rabbitohs in South Sydney. Making everyone eat their words and going crap "this is a new team or the pride of the league again". Hopefully for us fans it works out that way.

Do you guys ever get sick of hearing that when you go into a game you are favourites to win and if you lose it is the end of the world? Try having that in reverse, that every team and fan writes you off and compare your team to being easier then the bye.

I could have come on here and say well you guys are not better then us for losing to the Bulldogs. Yet I don't, because losing to them is worse enough then having me bagging you guys out for it.

I did a good job brainwashing Scott [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

To be honest I was never really interested in footy until just before we got kicked out. Sure I had been going since I was 5 years old but it was the most boring days for me so my gameboy and stuffed toys and making tents out of blankets and the chairs was always good fun.

You would not believe how many days I had off school to go into the courtcase and how vicious they were. It was really an eye opener for anyone who went and some that is quite indescribable to explain to others. Me being me, didn't quite understand the rulings but I was there the day that they had decided to kick us out. The court was packed with souths supporters. They had to open another court room just for us to sit in and had a live feed on a TV for us. When we all stood up and walked out I asked my mum what had happened and what it meant. She basically said that they had decided to kick us out due to some piss weak reason (she didnt say piss weak haha) and I just burst into tears. This coming from a girl who never really had any interest in football but my heart was broken. By the time we had got back to the leagues club I had calmed down and was fine but when I saw all the familar faces of people who were some of our closest friends just from going to the footy I pretty much started crying again. I'm not ashamed to admit that. There was also the fact that I had a friend at the time (who is/was a broncos follower, one fact of me not liking them) basically threatening me that she'd give me shit constantly if Souths did get kicked out. Very disheartening words coming from someone who is meant to be your best friend at the time.

Just from knowing how I felt that day, I can't imagine how others who had been following the team for decades must have felt. I hope to never feel that as I now know how attached I am to my club and if I felt like I did before with no interest in the game, god knows how I would feel if it happened again.

I don't want to repeat what Scott said but a move to the CC isn't going to work. The CC want their own team, they don't want some relocated from somewhere else because they are failing. we get good crowds at the CC sure, but thats because people don't mind driving up there for one game a season. I know a couple of fans who actually live up that way but they travel down to the games every weekend in Sydney anyway so they don't actually count. Plus there is NO WAY people could afford to drive to the CC every second weekend to watch souths play. I know we wouldn't be able to afford it, plus I know others who wouldn't be able to afford it too.

I'm just sick of hearing the same shit over and over again. Going by the text books, yes Souths are the most successful club as we have won the most premierships. I very very VERY rarely use that as a comeback to anyone as I know recently we have not been the most successful, I can admit that?? We were shit for years and finally now we are starting to find our footing again. Yes we were a foundation club and got kicked out and reinstated and probably shouldn't have got the same allowance that Melb and the Tits got however they are News Ltd babies and they want them to succeed so yes they are going to inject as much money as they need into the joints. News Ltd were the ones who wanted us to fail and still do so we won't get any handouts there but I never expected any either.

I think I have babbled my way through this now and wasted enough time at work. There are people on here who will never change their mind and thats fine...you can't teach an old dog new tricks. But then I have seen a couple of you have a bit more of an open mind and actually be happy for me and Scott when Souths are winning. Funny though that some of the stubborn ones are the Sydney broncos supporters but the nice ones are in Qld ;)

Glebe
Annandale
University
Newtown
Gold Coast Chargers
South Queensland Crushers
Western Reds
Adelaide Rams
Hunter Mariners
Western Suburbs Magpies (though challenged in court and won, a la Souths)
North Sydney Bears

All of the above have felt the feeling you're talking about. The game outlives the usefulness of clubs and areas, or clubs simply can't succeed for whatever reasons.

Souths are just one club still on the chopping block to reopen those wounds. There are others. The game will not survive long term with 9 clubs in and around Sydney. Those clubs have the option to either succeed, move, merge or die. Simple.

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Go the Bunnies.

The Rock said:
Think about it:

1. You'd get the diehards or loyal fans traveling from Sydney.
2. You'd get the Souths fans that are already in the CC. (And, from my sources there are quite a few)
3. And you'd get NEW supporters in the CC that having been wanting a team for years.

Combine that with a good stadium and facilities and you'll be drawing over 15,000 without a doubt every game. Start getting some wins and making the finals and you'll start selling the stadium out.

You wouldn't get the loyal fans traveling. I would consider myself pretty loyal but people (including myself) could not afford to drive up to the CC every second week to watch them play. I know a lot of loyal fans who wouldn't be able to do that too. Yes there are quite a few CC fans who follow Souths but not enough to make up for the loss of fans who won't be capable of traveling to the CC.

Plus I don't know about GOOD stadium facilities. The food is terrible and they can't keep it hot. Very very limited range and pretty expensive for what you get, but i guess thats just footy food now. There is no good close parking nearby. There isn't enough undercover seating which will drive people away if the weather looks dodgy.

We have been pulling pretty reasonable crowds this year considering the very poor start to the season. I think the last game we had over 17.000?? Then the Monday night before against the bulldogs (even tho it was their home game but I would say at least 50/50 supporters) would have been 14,000-15,000. If Souths were as successful as the Broncos have been we would be topping the crowds easily. Every team has lots of bandwagon supporters and I think Souths and Easts are the main culprits in this case, however if we are winning and pulling big crowds then I don't care who goes [icon_lol1.

rnabokov said:
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

So true....if your country has been invaded by foreign force....not if your a football team....geez, dramatic much?

Active Now

• john1420
  • TimWhatley
  • teampjta
  • Ondi
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • thenry
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.