Burgress wants to play origin.

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
E HAS the potential to be the best British import ever, and now South Sydney's burgeoning superstar Sam Burgess has revealed how he could set himself apart from any of his predecessors - by becoming the first Englishman to play State of Origin.

Burgess told the Herald yesterday he had thought about the prospect of playing in the interstate contest, and while he would never turn his back on England, he would welcome any change to the laws that prevent overseas imports from playing.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-origin-says-blues-fan-sam-20100407-rs9m.html

It'll never happen Sam so keep dreaming. If he did somehow play origin, I'd like to see someone re-arrange his teth so he'd go into the Big Book of British Smiles:

teeth-amy-winehouse-400a071807.jpg

lol Sam Burgess. You're not even Aussie. Stop that. lol.

Tell 'im he's dreaming!

He can play origin if he gives up playing for GB/England. icon_smile

But seriously, this is why Tests are greater than Origin. They may not be a tighter contest than origin matches, but ALL of the best players in the world are eligible to play.

No, he shouldnt be able to play even if he gives up playing for GB / England. He hasnt even lived here a year!! Its the state ur originate in (or more precisely the state your footballing originated in). I dont blame him for wanting to be part of the pinnacle of our game, but too bad buddy

I think people of other nationalities should be allowed to play Origin BUT they MUST have play their junior footy over here to be eligable. For instance, SBW should have been eligable to play for NSW, and Karmichael Hunt should have played for the Kiwis IMO.

However for Burgess, too bad mate. Focus your energy on the tri nations and hopefully you can give it a shake up. Would be good to see England take it out at some point, just to mix things up.

Scotty said:
Would be good to see England take it out at some point, just because I am English and sick of losing.

Scotty said:
I think people of other nationalities should be allowed to play Origin BUT they MUST have play their junior footy over here to be eligable. For instance, SBW should have been eligable to play for NSW, and Karmichael Hunt should have played for the Kiwis IMO.

Why should Karmichael have played for the Kiwis? He moved to Aust when he was like 12 and had barely seen a game of RL let alone touched a RL ball before he got to Brisbane - ergo he played his junior footy here.

Well I say "should" have but I'm just saying that as it would have meant the talent would be slightly more shared over the League playing nations. Of course it was his prerogative to play for Aus however and theres no problem with that.

But I guess my question is why In Your Opinion should SBW be eligible for NSW, but K for NZ? What is the difference in their situation? Both came here as young kids and both only started playing footy in Aust

ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:
Would be good to see England take it out at some point, just because I am English and sick of losing.

I don't really give a toss about international RL mate, but it's not good for the game if the same team wins ALL the time. It's been good to see the Kiwis winning in the last couple of years.

Flutterby said:
But I guess my question is why In Your Opinion should SBW be eligible for NSW, but K for NZ? What is the difference in their situation?

I'm talking about players being eligable for countries other than Aus if they play Origin. That's providing they played their junior footy in Australia. IMO in Hunts case for example, he should have been allowed to play for NZ if he wanted, while still being eligable to represent QLD (Yes I realise that he wanted to represent Aus anyway, but it's just an example). SBW played his junior footy in Aus and even played for NSW in the U17's I think, but he decided to represent NZ instead.

I just think it could help make the International game a bit stronger.

All IMO of course.

Oh OK. From your original post I took it that you thought K should not have been eligible to play SOO, but only for the kiwis.

I remember a conversation with K when there was first talk of him playing rep footy and if he should play for Qld/Aust or for NZ. And he basically said why should he play for NZ as he didn't have any connection with NZ, didn't really remember much of NZ, didn't play any footy there and always felt that Aust was his home and that is where his loyalty lay.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Xzei
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Skathen
  • Kev_Guz
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.