Calling All Columbo's - I need your investigative expertise

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
So, back in 2004 I was given a Kangaroos jersey and wore it once or twice. Anyway, at school, I was mates with the son of one of the trainers that travelled with the Kangaroos squad for the Tri-Nations at the end of the season, and he offered to get it signed by the squad for me, which was boss. :rockon:

I don't have any plans of selling the jersey in the near future, but I might get it framed or something. What I want to know is whose signature is whose - that's where all you BHQ wannabe detectives come in! Help me identify all the signatures.

To make it easy, I've put a square around what I deem to be a signature - although I may have missed one or 'squared' one when there's actually two signatures in there, so keep an eye out for that. Anyway, post the number of the box and who you reckon owns the signature.

The squad that year was as follows:

Shaun Berrigan, Matt Bowen, Danny Buderus (v-capt), Tonie Carroll, Petero Civoniceva, Matt Cooper, Michael Crocker, Craig Fitzgibbon, Craig Gower, Scott Hill, Nathan Hindmarsh, Ben Kennedy, Brett Kimmorley, Darren Lockyer (capt), Willie Mason, Anthony Minichiello, Mark O'Meley, Luke Rooney, Andrew Ryan, Jason Ryles, Matt Sing, Brent Tate, Willie Tonga, Shane Webcke, Craig Wing.

Also, I'm not sure if any coaching staff signed it.

OKAY, GO!

1369701156.jpg

http://www.thenashy.com/upload/uploads/1369701156.jpg

Click on that link above for a bigger version.

I have my own guesses of course, and some of them are pretty obvious, but I won't say anything, as I'd like some different opinions!

first few.

Shaun Berrigan 6, Matt Bowen 16, Danny Buderus (v-capt) 3, Tonie Carroll 19

did this by googling :)

8. Petero Civoniceva
15. Brett Kimmorley
7. Matt Cooper

20 looks like Matt King, but he wasn't picked.

So far, adding in some of my own guesses:

1. Shaun Timmins - definite
2. Willie Tonga - definite
3. Danny Buderus - definite
4. Craig Gower - definite
5. Brent Tate - definite
6. Shaun Berrigan - definite
7. Matt Cooper - definite
8. Petero Civoniceva - definite
9. Scott Hill - definite
10. Craig Wing - definite
11. Jason Ryles - definite
12. Andrew Ryan - definite
13. Mark O'Meley - definite
14. Anthony Minichiello - definite
15. Brett Kimmorley - definite
16. Matt Bowen - definite
17. Shane Webcke - definite
18. Ben Kennedy?
19. Tonie Carroll - definite
20. Matt Sing?
21. Willie Mason - defnite
22. Craig Fitzgibbon - definite
23. Darren Lockyer - definite
24. Nathan Hindmarsh - definite
25. Luke Rooney - definite (not in a square, above 20 and under 23)

Last edited:
Orsm idea with the Googling penny. Works a treat!

Why can't players have signatures that look like their names.

Pretty sure 23 is Lockyer

Yep, it is!

I've been trawling Ebay and Google for the last hour.

If it's got definite next to it, then I've checked it against some other images of that player's signature and it matches.

If it's got a question mark, then either I can't find another image of that player's signature, or I am not 100% sure it matches.

1 looks like Shaun Timmins to me.

21 is defo Mason.

Ohhhhhhhh, good spot, Fozz!

Timmins wasn't in that original squad list I got from the SMH, but I just checked some old game records and he was definitely on tour - and Crocker wasn't, so he must've been called up as his replacement. I hereby make you an honorary Columbo! :rockon:

Last edited:
So, back in 2004 I was given a Kangaroos jersey and wore it once or twice. Anyway, at school, I was mates with the son of one of the trainers that travelled with the Kangaroos squad for the Tri-Nations at the end of the season, and he offered to get it signed by the squad for me, which was boss. :rockon:

I don't have any plans of selling the jersey in the near future, but I might get it framed or something. What I want to know is whose signature is whose - that's where all you BHQ wannabe detectives come in! Help me identify all the signatures.

To make it easy, I've put a square around what I deem to be a signature - although I may have missed one or 'squared' one when there's actually two signatures in there, so keep an eye out for that. Anyway, post the number of the box and who you reckon owns the signature.

The squad that year was as follows:

Shaun Berrigan, Matt Bowen, Danny Buderus (v-capt), Tonie Carroll, Petero Civoniceva, Matt Cooper, Michael Crocker, Craig Fitzgibbon, Craig Gower, Scott Hill, Nathan Hindmarsh, Ben Kennedy, Brett Kimmorley, Darren Lockyer (capt), Willie Mason, Anthony Minichiello, Mark O'Meley, Luke Rooney, Andrew Ryan, Jason Ryles, Matt Sing, Brent Tate, Willie Tonga, Shane Webcke, Craig Wing.

Also, I'm not sure if any coaching staff signed it.

OKAY, GO!

1369701156.jpg

http://www.thenashy.com/upload/uploads/1369701156.jpg

Click on that link above for a bigger version.

Hey Mate. I've love to help out, but the image is broken.

I think 17 is Kevin Rudd. And I'm pretty sure 8 is Billy Walters.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.