Cartwright Fined $10 000

Yes and he is still saying his rant was justified by the poor decisions made by the refs on Saturday night. The guy is a Douche I hope he never wins the comp ever not in a million years.

I don't really see the problem. Some of those calls looked pretty harsh to me, so he challenged them. The fine is probably more than worth the extra scrutiny it'll bring to the refereeing standards of the next Titans game.

He wasn't fined for having a go at them. He was fined for approaching them at halftime.

This is the 2nd time he has done that.

Next time the fine should be $50,000

Yeah, he's a grade a sore loser. Just like his little wanker captain.

Nashy said:
Yeah, he's a grade a sore loser. Just like his little wanker captain.

Who? Scott Prince or Luke Bailey?

Be specific

Oh yeah. Co-Captains. I mean their real captain. Prince.

Nashy said:
Oh yeah. Co-Captains. I mean their real captain. Prince.

I thought you did but seriously though their other captain- whats his name, is more of a wanker!

Haha, most on here whinge when the broncos lose a match that involves some poor referering, but now Cartwright is a sook for doing the same

Fans always whinge. You expect that. Coaches need to show more composure IMO.

I don't mind coaches whinging where there is a legitimate basis for it. For eg, Ricky Stuart in that game against Manly with the howlers by the referees in that game. But in the Titans game, the decisions that Cartwright whinged about were spot on correct IMO. Walker definitely shifted his line to block Izzy, therefore how can they complain about him being knocked out of the way. Walker definitely took out another player off the ball who was not even looking at him. Fair penalty.

And again, he wasn't fined for his press conference outburst, he was fined for approaching the officials at half time. That's a HUGE no no.

I don't disagree with him that the Folau decision could easily have been different, though IMO the best case scenario for the Titans would've been a penalty to Brisbane (which should've happened if Mead caught the ball, but likely wouldn't have). What Simpkins did in the vid ref box was effectively say the Broncos would not have received due advantage by just getting a penalty and thus awarded the try.

The Walker on Lockyer one, well, you can't deny it's a penalty, and while the contact didn't look vicious I agree with what someone else said that it looks like Walker's hand or forearm went into Locky's throat...hence why he would've been stunned.

What I find hypocritical is the Titans and Walker accusing Lockyer of taking a dive when Walker's dive after being brushed by Folau was a 9.95.

Coxy said:
And again, he wasn't fined for his press conference outburst, he was fined for approaching the officials at half time. That's a HUGE no no.

I don't disagree with him that the Folau decision could easily have been different, though IMO the best case scenario for the Titans would've been a penalty to Brisbane (which should've happened if Mead caught the ball, but likely wouldn't have). What Simpkins did in the vid ref box was effectively say the Broncos would not have received due advantage by just getting a penalty and thus awarded the try.

The Walker on Lockyer one, well, you can't deny it's a penalty, and while the contact didn't look vicious I agree with what someone else said that it looks like Walker's hand or forearm went into Locky's throat...hence why he would've been stunned.

What I find hypocritical is the Titans and Walker accusing Lockyer of taking a dive when Walker's dive after being brushed by Folau was a 9.95.

Typical titans - the fact that they complain about diving when they have scott princess in their side really - I remeber him playing us last year and diving big styles when DT went within 10 of him - I remember he sooked off and went to hospital - but there was nothing wrong with him, just some sand in his...

How good is this being a Broncos forum, really - eat it fans of all other clubs - you're lame

Oh and Boo Cartright - Boo!

And just some perspective on the Cartwright whinging....he conveniently "didn't see" the very 50-50 penalty the Titans got to beat Manly earlier in the season by a solitary point at Skilled Park.

I believe on that occasion he said something to the effect of "we'll take it, these things even out"....

Funny how it's on the other foot now.

The prick deserves to pay a fine. i just wish the NRL had of handed out a bigger one, he's obviously not learning as it is not the first time he has approached officials during a game

Kaz said:
This is the 2nd time he has done that.

Next time the fine should be $50,000

Interview I saw with him yesterday he said when asked about it "Not the first time, probably won't be the last." Talk about not learning. $5000 or $10000 obviously isn't enough to get through. Maybe a suspension of sorts (though tough to enforce on coaches, but I think soccer do it sometimes) will be more of an effective deterrant.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • davidp
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • lynx000
  • RolledOates
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • dasherhalo
  • phoenix
  • LittleDavey
  • Lostboy
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.