Cartwright replacement

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
My biggest concern out of Bennett signing with Souths is him luring Adam back and taking him on as part of the coaching staff. I want him to do that here when he hangs them up.

I'm not too worried about that.

He made a lifestyle change for him and his family moving up here ... he's happy here. If we offer him a coaching role post career, he'll stay

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Adam is settled in Brisbane. Given that he have a young family who happens to love the lifestyle in great state of tropical QLD. He doesn’t want to uproot what’s going for his family here to SHITney.

Adam have build great relationships with our current squad and those relationships will only become stronger by the time Adam retires at the end of 2025. It will be a smooth transition for him to stay here unlike a move to Redfern. The expectations on him would be huge given they’re in a ‘re-build’ phase and any wannabe coach would prefer to stay away from these pressures early on. It’s simply, not healthy & Adam would be totally aware of it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I could see Bennet try and take him for one final season at Souths next year.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I could see Bennet try and take him for one final season at Souths next year.
I couldn't see Reynolds going though. Lets be honest about where both clubs are really at and who is closer to a Premiership

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I couldn't see Reynolds going though. Lets be honest about where both clubs are really at and who is closer to a Premiership

I agree but I could still see Bennett trying to sweet talk him.

And to be controversial...I wonder if we might entertain it. I know Madden has only played a few games this year but he has clearly levelled up. If he maintains this or gets even better over the next three months, what do WE do for 2025 if Reynolds is fit? We've spent a lot of time on Madden and if he continues to shine but has a blocked pathway in 2025, I could see the Roosters for example come for him.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009

And to be controversial...I wonder if we might entertain it. I know Madden has only played a few games this year but he has clearly levelled up. If he maintains this or gets even better over the next three months, what do WE do for 2025 if Reynolds is fit? We've spent a lot of time on Madden and if he continues to shine but has a blocked pathway in 2025, I could see the Roosters for example come for him.
Oh great, this is going to be in a Rothfield or Ritchie column within a week 😁

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

No we dont entertain it at all.

If Reynolds sees the writing on the wall he'll call retirement, get a payout from the Broncos and then straight into the coaching staff.

Him being part of the coaching staff after retirement is one of the biggest things we get out of it... and it will be long long term appointment.

Imagine if Reynolds effectively becomes our halves coach long term, a stalwart coach at the club that survives every coaching change that comes through, basically like Alfie, and we start churning out NRL quality halves and playmakers... suddenly players want to come to Broncos to work under Reynolds.

Cant jeopardise that by sending him down south and letting Sydney get into his ear.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

If we win the premiership this year, I can see Reynolds retiring and taking up his Coaching role a year early ... Especially if Madden performs well in his absence

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

I'll do a nudie run at a Broncs game at Suncorp if Reynolds goes back to the Rabbits........

Scared Chewing Gum GIF

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019

Can't see it happening, don't think he plans on going back to Sydney again and has committed to living in SEQ.

Reyno still has a contract so even in a weird scenario where we picked Madden over him(don't see it happening anyway), he isn't going to uproot his whole family for one season and then come back(since he has a post career option here).

Unread

Active Now

• rnabokov
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.