Chooseday Night Football: Lockyer

Shame the preliminary final against the dogs in 06 isn't there. Lockyer was unbelieveable in that 2nd half.

all 3 are awesome. want to watch them all. but 1st option is the only broncos game, so ill choose that. Ill be enthralled either way.

Ooh 2001 Origin gets the juices flowing. Alfy. Locky. Gold.

Yeah but I actually think he was better in game 1 of that series...but hey, no complaints there.

Coxy said:
Yeah but I actually think he was better in game 1 of that series...but hey, no complaints there.

+1 First kick return of the game, sliced right through.

Needs more trinations 2004 final too.

How's about they use their spare digital channel for a week of non stop Lockyer.

He was definetly better in the first Origin game 2001...Made and scored the first try, also setup Doyle..and kicking game was OUTSTANDING.

8pm Brisbane Broncos vs. Sydney Roosters Prelim Final 1998.

Watching it now.. So many names that have me going ... Where are they now? And I think the super league jerseys look great. And Lockyer just slices through and kicks in field for Devere with an awesome kick for him to score under the posts :)

That was such a weird game too watch. Both teams gave themselves so much depth making the ruck extremely loose and making for a free flowing attack game riddled with a ton of errors and poor options by both sets of halves.

Locky played well, that pass he took from Walters to score his final try was a ripper. With that said, I've seen better performances from him (especially in 2000-03) and was more impressed with the likes of Webcke and Gee who made strong runs through the middle or in Gee's case played a great playmaker role. (Didn't he have a pass on him?!).

Not sure what more Locky could've done to impress you BP. He was bloody outstanding and clearly the best on ground.

Improve his goal kicking would be a start. [icon_razz1

I've just seen better exhibitions from him, this was a good performance, ran some great lines, took some classy options but far from his best performance.

I was more impressed by those other guys, because I had no expectations.

Lockyer's kicking game (not goal kicking of course) was flawless. Where have those kicks gone Locky? (Dear Peter Wallace, please let Locky kick the ball more). He was magic. Wish Wayne had of left Lockyer on for the last 20 minutes so he could've got 6 tries. [icon_lol1.

Oh how good were Andrew Gee, Darren Smith, Webcke, Tunza, Phil Lee (I love Phil) and big Gordy (I love big Gordy).

However wtf was with Alfy's 5th tackle options? No wonder they're calling Chris Sandow "aboriginal alfy" [eusa_doh of course Alf had an epic team and was always going to win that game.

i couldnt believe how good our go forward was!!

pennywisealfie said:
i couldnt believe how good our go forward was!!

The benefit of unlimited interchange and big, hard running, powerful forwards like Webcke, Civoniceva, Thorn, Carroll, Gee, Tallis....

Peter Wallace needs to watch that game to learn how a halfback should run to the line

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Manifesto
  • Mister Wright
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.